Girl, 10, survives electric shock at Phuket viewpoint

webfact

Lets fine for this or that.

It wouldn't happen in the west.

There should be a law.

Why don't all of you whiners (with 1000s of posts) go back to where you're safe.

I love it here, "just the way it is".

So you think improvement in safety for Thai people and visitors should never happen?

There should be a law.

Why don't all of you whiners (with 1000s of posts) go back to where you're safe.

I'm guessing from your post you're a young-ish single guy & don't give a s**t about anything.. maybe even an "attached guy & still don't give a s**t about anything.. good luck to you, enjoy the dangers!!

But there are people here who have to work & support a family or simply do not wish to see their children die in front of their eyes, they have to take things a little more seriously !!

Maybe one day when you grow up a little bit & become a mature adult your attitude might change, in the meantime feel free to go out test everything !!

Thai-Modify .

Tape tape tape tape tape tape tape.

100 times tape, fix a car with tape, motor bike with tape, fix the aquarium with tape, leak in the waterhose with tape,wire from submers water pump, yeah with tape! Etc etc.

Now with all that tape... You get a girl the shock of her life. Cut the crap-tape and fix electral wireing decent for once!!!!

After so many years, graduated students, generations!! Still use that tape. Thai are not that smart huh?

There should be a law.

I couldn't believe what I read in your post, this especially as the thread was related to a young girl receiving an electric shock and being hospitalised for it.

I have seen some absolutely horrendous electrical installations here which are virtual deathtraps, not to mention the many people who are electrocuted and die on a fairly regular basis, and I have received shocks from some "typical Thai installations" and I can assure you it's no "fun".

Surely there can be nothing wrong with improving safety as far as electrical installations are concerned, because this is one thing with which we interact in our daily life, many, many times a day.

On that note, there is poor electrical work in many countries, but what I have seen here borders on absolute life-threatening stupidity, so you may wish it to stay this way, but I can assure you you would be in the minority.

There should be a law.

Happy to hear it was not your daughter getting electricuted ....blink.png

Its crazy.

Does their culture lack a history of craftsmanship or something? Don't take pride in their work? What exactly is it that leads to this...

Thailand is overpopulated so life in Thailand is cheap and there's too much graft.

There should be a law.

I couldn't believe what I read in your post, this especially as the thread was related to a young girl receiving an electric shock and being hospitalised for it.

I have seen some absolutely horrendous electrical installations here which are virtual deathtraps, not to mention the many people who are electrocuted and die on a fairly regular basis, and I have received shocks from some "typical Thai installations" and I can assure you it's no "fun".

Surely there can be nothing wrong with improving safety as far as electrical installations are concerned, because this is one thing with which we interact in our daily life, many, many times a day.

On that note, there is poor electrical work in many countries, but what I have seen here borders on absolute life-threatening stupidity, so you may wish it to stay this way, but I can assure you you would be in the minority.

Yep the last technician I saw do work cut all the earth wires off. Why? Because you don't need them. Why? No houses have Earthing rods so you don't need them. Why? Because fie is different in Thailand.wai2.gif

Its crazy.

Does their culture lack a history of craftsmanship or something? Don't take pride in their work? What exactly is it that leads to this...

It's a combination of laziness, carelessness, not giving a f and stupidity wink.png

There should be a law.

This is by far the most disgusting post I have read on TV. This was a young girl who nearly lost her life,unlike many other children here in Thailand, who have lost their life due to sub- standard electrical work.

Yet all you can say to those who are criticizing, is go home. I just wonder how long you have in fact lived here

And are you still wearing the rose tinted glasses.

That should not happen....will there be accountability?

No shit Sherlock ! I guess Thailand is now the only country where electric shocks happen right ?

Presumably you've read about teenagers getting limbs amputated on fun rides in ENGLAND ? Imagine the hysteria on here if that had happened in Thailand !

True accidents do occurr in other countries. The difference with that accident in England is

1/ somebody, and also the company will be held responsible,certainly heavy compensation will be paid,maybe even jail time.

2/ lesson will be learnt and procedures put in place to minimize the chance that a similar accident will occurr in the future.

Will these actions take place in Thailand, NO WAY.