Lazada's let me down, Invade IT?

dageurreotype

My daughter has ordered from Lazada and it was a so-so experience. Acceptance of the order, paid for, delivered within time period. Nothing bad, nothing good, just what was expected.

Personally I've never used Lazada, for me InvadeIT is the 'go to' company and Thomas' quick responses to any all communications are the biggest part of that. From acceptance emails, information of where the order is, follow up queries as to acceptability and casual conversation on products. It all seems much more personal, which makes a difference.

The issue for me is COD. Invadeit doesn't do it do they?

Nope InvadeIT don't, prepay via Bank Account, PayPal or Credit Card only

And freight to pay too. 600 baht a time is the reason my last couple of orders were not to InvadeIT

I just bought a wireless/lan router from InvadeIT and even with the EMS fees it was still 200 baht cheaper than elsewhere and I live in Nakhon Nowhere.

Edited by billd766

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my desktop PC from InvadeIT about 2 1/2 years ago. I paid through the bank before I got it and it was delivered to my door. When I installed it and switched it on there was no OS but I hadn't ordered one. I rang Thomas and he explained to me that is how it comes from the manufacturer. I loaded Win 7 Ultimate on it and it has been working fine ever since apart from a wireless keyboard problem twice. Each time the HP guy came out and fixed it for me under the HP warranty. Eventually I got fed up with the wireless keyboard and threw it waway for a USB keyboard and I have had no problems since.

I just took delivery of a USB Wireless/Lan router from InvadeIT. I was informed of my order every step of the way and it works from the box.

I emailed Thomas to thank him for the excellent service and had a reply a couple of hours later on Sunday afternoon.

I have not yet tried Lazada nor do I feel the need to when InvadeIT can meet my requirements.

Hi Billd766

Thank you for you feedback. Please be informed that InvadeIT also sells on Lazada with a discount price just in case you are interested in buying more in the future smile.png

My daughter has ordered from Lazada and it was a so-so experience. Acceptance of the order, paid for, delivered within time period. Nothing bad, nothing good, just what was expected.

Personally I've never used Lazada, for me InvadeIT is the 'go to' company and Thomas' quick responses to any all communications are the biggest part of that. From acceptance emails, information of where the order is, follow up queries as to acceptability and casual conversation on products. It all seems much more personal, which makes a difference.

The issue for me is COD. Invadeit doesn't do it do they?

No only Bank account, Paypal or CC.

But once I had a dead device from them, paid by Paypal and Asus was unable to replace in a reasonable time, invadeit immediately refunded the money on my bank account.

A question for the OP: Was your order amount with Lazada higher than 10,000 Baht?

For orders over 10,000 Baht Lazada will call you to confirm delivery information, and if unable to get in contact with you they will cancel your order. I just had that issue yesterday, when my order was cancelled because I forgot to bring my phone with me. Lazada did call me three times, so it was my fault for not bringing my phone. I guess they have had too many instances where the delivery information in the system has not been updated or is inaccurate. Though it would be nice if their status update on the order clearly stated that as the reason for cancelling.

But InvadeIT is definitely a good alternative (but in many cases somewhat more expensive and with more limited selection). I have never heard a bad report about their customer service.

Sophon

My Order was indeed over 10k, they told me they'd called me - they didn't. I always keep my mobile with me and check any missed calls. It's the same when they say they'll call you back, they never do.

I agree with invadeIT's customer service, albeit pricier than Lazada. Now if they could just merge ..

Hi Billd766

Thank you for you feedback. Please be informed that InvadeIT also sells on Lazada with a discount price just in case you are interested in buying more in the future smile.png

Ah ha! I see you've taken my advice and looked at the complaints re your service on this forum! Perhaps you could now go about addressing them ..

A question for the OP: Was your order amount with Lazada higher than 10,000 Baht?

For orders over 10,000 Baht Lazada will call you to confirm delivery information, and if unable to get in contact with you they will cancel your order. I just had that issue yesterday, when my order was cancelled because I forgot to bring my phone with me. Lazada did call me three times, so it was my fault for not bringing my phone. I guess they have had too many instances where the delivery information in the system has not been updated or is inaccurate. Though it would be nice if their status update on the order clearly stated that as the reason for cancelling.

But InvadeIT is definitely a good alternative (but in many cases somewhat more expensive and with more limited selection). I have never heard a bad report about their customer service.

Sophon

My Order was indeed over 10k, they told me they'd called me - they didn't. I always keep my mobile with me and check any missed calls. It's the same when they say they'll call you back, they never do.

I agree with invadeIT's customer service, albeit pricier than Lazada. Now if they could just merge ..

Hi Dageurreotype,

I apologize that there was no contact from our side. Could you send your order number to [email protected] and there will be an employee to further assist you. I am happy to help you with any of your queries.

Currently invadeIT, does sell on Lazada's platform with prices that you may be interested in. Please take a look at http://www.lazada.co.th/invadeit/ if you are interested.

Thank you

Luke

Sophon

My experience with Lazada is that they have always called before delivering the goods. Most of my orders are less than 10k Baht, but as mentioned in my post they did call me (three times) on the order that was cancelled. It was my fault for leaving my phone at home. When saying they will call me back (have only happened a couple of times), they have also always called me back.

Are you sure they have your phone number registered correctly?

Sophon

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using Lazada for a few years now and have had nothing but good service.

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for using Lazada's services. I am very happy to hear that you had a good experience with us with the hope that you will receive the same experiences for future purchases.

Thank you :)

I've used you loads of times Lazada, especially when you do the midnight deals. I often get western products for less than the best western prices during these windows.

On the whole you offer really great service but on one occasion you advertised a product you didn't have in stock and it ended up taking 2 weeks to get a refund which was pretty unacceptable.

Rather than offering alternative colourways (which were available) or even letting us know, you simply cancelled the order and did not inform us at all - we had to actively chase it up with you to initiate a refund. The refund process was amateur - no confirmation that a refund was pending, no confirmation of the target bank account - the process was worryingly open to error, especially given it was a 25k order.

Since then, I only ever order COD and with this I have had no problems - in fact items have arrived very speedily and have always been good quality. Have had at least 30 items from you with this method.

You should look at your process for handling out of stock non COD orders, you have the ability to be the Amazon of Thailand but are not there yet.

Also, the English language option on your IOS app does not work, selecting 'English' changes nothing - this will be costing you money.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Lazada is the best to use , especially if you don't want to pay until the items arrive at your door!

I always unpack and check that it is the correct order before I pay cash to the driver.

I just placed an order for 12 things from Lazada (8000 baht total). 6 of them were not available COD a fact that I was not made aware of until I pushed the go to checkout button. I order from Lazada because of the COD. It would be nice to know on the catalog page before a selection is made if the item is COD or not. PS, not talking big stuff here, a couple of 100 baht connectors and some other small stuff that were not available COD. wai2.gif

Normally it is indicated as available cod on the detail page of any item that I have ordered - unable access currently because of Bangkok weather perhaps but can you provide a link to one of the items?

Normally it is indicated as available cod on the detail page of any item that I have ordered - unable access currently because of Bangkok weather perhaps but can you provide a link to one of the items?

Yup there it is right on the bottom. It this item ships from abroad and COD not available. I didn't look at the bottom before. Thanks, now I'll know.

• 3 weeks later...

Lazada are a nightmare to deal with in general I find. I always pay by credit card so I don't have to be there for delivery.

Currently I'm still waiting on a delivery that was supposed to be delivered on the 8th at the latest. Haven't received any calls about this one, their tracking system is not working, and support is telling me next few days (no apologies as per usual.)

A separate order is trying to be delivered to me which they seem to HAVE to call early in the morning and wont deliver unless I answer the phone (I call back once I'm up and get no reply). I've tried telling them that they can happily deliver to the the condo reception like every other <deleted> delivery company but it seems to fall on deaf (dumb?) ears.

All in all they are incredibly painful to deal with. So unless you speak fluent thai and can sit by your phone and in your condo all day awaiting delivery my recommendation is to avoid.

Been ordering from Invadeit for years and highly recommend them. Pretty much my sole source for computer related equipment. Very quick replies to e-mail queries.

In the past few days been looking on InvadeIT for a few items, never tried them before, and they beat Lazada in price on every item I looked up.

They even beat Ebay and Aliexpress on each of those items