Baggage storage in/near Udon Thani Airport

kentb21

Is there a safe place in or near Udon Thani Airport that I can leave a bag or two that I'd rather not lug around with me on a two day visa run trip to Vientiane? I've never noticed any place in Udon Thani Airport like they have at Bangkok airport to pay to store your bags. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I'd like to go straight from Udon Thani Airport to Vientiane, with no hotel overnight in Udon. But if no storage is avail at Udon airport and I have to go into town first to leave a bag, and then take the bus to the border, I'm OK with that.

I'd like to go straight from Udon Thani Airport to Vientiane, with no hotel overnight in Udon. But if no storage is avail at Udon airport and I have to go into town first to leave a bag, and then take the bus to the border, I'm OK with that.

May I inquire why then you are even carrying a bag if you do not plan to overnight in Udon nor carry the bag to Vientiane where you will overnight? I must be missing something.

May I inquire why then you are even carrying a bag if you do not plan to overnight in Udon nor carry the bag to Vientiane where you will overnight? I must be missing something.

I'm not sure how you knowing my reason for carrying a bag will help answer my question, but if you must know, after I get my Visa, I will be bringing gifts and spending a week or so with my wife's family an hour or so from Udon, hence I'll need to check a bag when I fly to Udon.

Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

I still have a month before I go.... Just checking as I'm surprised with all the knowledge that so many members have that only one person replied? Any suggestions, ie name of a cheap room in Udon I could pay for a couple nights, even if I don't stay there?? Or anyone with a better idea please? Urban Joe?