Drink Driving/Riding

malcoml

I have a complete diffrent experience then police arresting people, I read about. I live at Koh Samui, some part of the year, and drinking and driving is something that many 1000 persons do every night. No one has not even heard of police having a control during night times. Even when you see police at night, they never stop anyone for this. So, 90% of everybody (that drink and are going out at the same time) also drive. This is only me thinking this and I don't know how many they are.

At daytime you can se a police control in the street, when they wave in diffrent drivers. But I heard that they only take local Thai people and never turists in those controls. I only seen it a couple of times and they let me pass. But at night there is not any arrests. It can go 4-5 weeks without me seeing a police at all, last time the first I saw was after 6 weeks and it was 2 policemen on the same bike...

I don't drink and drive and whould love to se the police arresting people because I never ride my bike during night time, even when not drinking, as there are so many crazy people and really dangerous situations for me, that I only drive during the day. Thank god the isle is flodded with taxi, in diffrent forms as in bike, cars, so there is no problem getting home. But just knowing that no one will be stopped, makes people to drink and drive.

Jacob

P.S. Sorry for my bad spelling...

Edited by SwedeOnSamui

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic