share your favorite Thai haunts

tigerfish

"so here goes.............

On Nut 44 at the junction of Sukhumvit 93.

2 places, one nearly directly opposite 7/11 next to the motorbike taxi rank. you can fish there and eat typical Isaan/ Thai food. even take home the fish you've caught for a small price. used to love going there in the afternoon with a paper, a small bottle of Sang Som, eat a bit of food a watch the world go by."

tigerfish, that small fishing park is no longer there. Used to spend many an afternoon fishing there. It is now simply a much more upscale restaurant on a lake without fishing.

My favorite place, as mentioned by another poster is Bang Krachao. The official lung of Bangkok. Cycle from home and catch a ferry across the river. Can spend a whole day cycling around there and getting happily lost. A real hidden gem of Bangkok.

Thais love to go to place where they can take lots of photos of themselves. My ex GF and her family have taken me to lots of places that provide photo ops. Last one was Chocolatesomething. A little help guys.

Chocolateville? Out Fashion Island/Promenade way.

Strange name though, no chocolate around at all, same menu as Wine I Love You (as its owned by the same people).

Thats the place, just off the motorway.

Kaset Nuamin I think is the area, nice selection of foreign beers as well.

Drove by that way the other day on the motorway heading north, looks like Promenade is closed now, FI still going strong.

2 places, one nearly directly opposite 7/11 next to the motorbike taxi rank. you can fish there and eat typical Isaan/ Thai food. even take home the fish you've caught for a small price. used to love going there in the afternoon with a paper, a small bottle of Sang Som, eat a bit of food a watch the world go by."

tigerfish, that small fishing park is no longer there. Used to spend many an afternoon fishing there. It is now simply a much more upscale restaurant on a lake without fishing.

My favorite place, as mentioned by another poster is Bang Krachao. The official lung of Bangkok. Cycle from home and catch a ferry across the river. Can spend a whole day cycling around there and getting happily lost. A real hidden gem of Bangkok.

that's a real shame GarryP because i used to find that place a real kind of oasis in a mad world kind of way, if you know what i mean ?

i know everything revolves, but that pace was a real kind of place where you could find solitude. mom sitting behind the counter. food would come when it was ready, although not the best in town it just suited the time and the place.

have been advised by Thai friends not to go back for numerous reasons.

that's a real shame GarryP because i used to find that place a real kind of oasis in a mad world kind of way, if you know what i mean ?

i know everything revolves, but that pace was a real kind of place where you could find solitude. mom sitting behind the counter. food would come when it was ready, although not the best in town it just suited the time and the place.

have been advised by Thai friends not to go back for numerous reasons.

Used to love fishing there even though as fishing parks go it was pretty awful. Just liked the laid back atmosphere.

Thais love to go to place where they can take lots of photos of themselves. My ex GF and her family have taken me to lots of places that provide photo ops. Last one was Chocolatesomething. A little help guys.

Strange name though, no chocolate around at all, same menu as Wine I Love You (as its owned by the same people).

Drove by that way the other day on the motorway heading north, looks like Promenade is closed now, FI still going strong.

Promenade isn't closed, it's expanding and adding a new cinema complex and a 3rd floor of more shops. Suspect FI will then get some more refurbishment where the cinema is currently located.

Promenade isn't closed, it's expanding and adding a new cinema complex and a 3rd floor of more shops. Suspect FI will then get some more refurbishment where the cinema is currently located.

Archived