Suvarnabhumi Airport says ex-cop arrested in Japan didn't bring gun from Thailand

webfact

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock and a hard place for Airport Security; Admit to letting "Do you know who I am?" through, or admit to missing the gun.

I guess head of security chose the latter as the one to cause the least embarrassment....equipment, not personnel.

"...raised concerns among Thai officials that Suvarnabhumi Airport staff may have failed to spot the firearm in Kamronwit's belongings, or provided him with VIP treatment..."

Of course not. This could never happen and we are 100% sure the investigation was completely thorough and unbiased.

cheesy.gif

Sidenote - my business parner has two replacement knees and carries the requisite medical 'letter of proof' every time he flies.

The ONLY airport scanners that never pick up the metal in his knees is....drum roll...Suvarnabhumi

This has been quite clear from the start. He went to Japan to meet gangsters/Yakuza as regards to clandestine investment either in Thailand or Japan for his billions of unlaundered bahts gained through his Shin connections and as ex-chief or one of the worlds largest criminal organizations(as per the FBI's words). This 80 persons on a garbage site viewing tours is BS. How do I know this? If the story had been as Kamronwit claimed to the Japanese authorities he would have been out already. If he lied(of course he would) and his story didn't check out then he would be detained further as has happened. When the Jap authorities discovered the identities of the gangsters he met the whole game changed. The mini gun was an honor gift from the Yakuza, it is a commonly bestowed gift in those circles I am told.

Errrrm, yeah, triffic mate. Now explain why he was in possession of the weapon 'long before he retired' and the fact that the weapon is registered to him in Thailand ?

"Officials who man the devices went through at least six months of training, and we shift the personnel all the time to prevent exhaustion," he said. "Each personnel is an expert in this profession. However, from now on we will increase frequency and intensity of our inspections."

'However, from now on we will increase frequency and intensity of our inspections.' So, that sounds like double talk to me....indicating they aren't always as vigilant as they should be.

"Six months training..."

"Each personnel is an expert..."

Sorry don't believe you!

"Officials who man the devices went through at least six months of training, and we shift the personnel all the time to prevent exhaustion," he said. "Each personnel is an expert in this profession. However, from now on we will increase frequency and intensity of our inspections."

'However, from now on we will increase frequency and intensity of our inspections.' So, that sounds like double talk to me....indicating they aren't always as vigilant as they should be.

in your small hate filled jealous mind. you believe everything you read, believe this.

Sidenote - my business parner has two replacement knees and carries the requisite medical 'letter of proof' every time he flies.

The ONLY airport scanners that never pick up the metal in his knees is....drum roll...Suvarnabhumi

Although I fully appreciate your anecdote, it's these sorts of stories, the entire OP, actually, that is going to make the next terrorist think to himself, "Hmmm, if I want to do some damage and get international coverage for my cause....hmmm....I think I'll board a US-bound airline at Bangkok.".

Scary!

Airport security failures of this magnitude are one thing that should be hushed up.

I know I'll get flack for that, and I certainly see your points before you even say them...and agree!.....But think about it.

Well as usual some bastard is lying as in an earlier report it was claimed that Kamronwit also produced the paperwork to prove the gun was his.

How can anyone maintain faith when even those in high office distort the truth for their own gain.

I have accidentally transported Swiss Army Knives in my carry on luggage.... Passed through checkpoints without drama, only to realize my mistake later and discarding the item.

So from first hand experience, I know that they are full of $$$$t

This has been quite clear from the start. He went to Japan to meet gangsters/Yakuza as regards to clandestine investment either in Thailand or Japan for his billions of unlaundered bahts gained through his Shin connections and as ex-chief or one of the worlds largest criminal organizations(as per the FBI's words). This 80 persons on a garbage site viewing tours is BS. How do I know this? If the story had been as Kamronwit claimed to the Japanese authorities he would have been out already. If he lied(of course he would) and his story didn't check out then he would be detained further as has happened. When the Jap authorities discovered the identities of the gangsters he met the whole game changed. The mini gun was an honor gift from the Yakuza, it is a commonly bestowed gift in those circles I am told.

On just one point, how come the kamonrit situation has not pushed this 80 person visit to see garbage disposal stuff to some press coverage?

There has been no comment, strange.

""Officials who man the devices went through at least six months of training, and we shift the personnel all the time to prevent exhaustion," he said. "Each personnel is an expert in this profession. However, from now on we will increase frequency and intensity of our inspections.".

Six months of training makes them an expert. Barmen back home used to have to serve an apprenticeship of 6 years before being fully qualified.

I'll eat my hat if those scandalous, way overpriced CTX scanners have been re-calibrated or even serviced since they were installed. It's called Security Theater in the US; they pretend to protect us at our expense/inconvenience and we, at least some of us, feel safer

No need to get your knickers in a twist about the scanners I am sure they work fine.

Why would a former high ranking police stoop to having his bags scanned ?! That is for common people and I am sure that airport can hand check bags of VIP's, befitting their status.. Pretty simple explanation really thumbsup.gif

I was caught with a knife in my bag ,told them it passed through Thai scan , nice man grinned ,confiscated it ,and I flew back here , Fishing Trip nearly went wrong. experts are they at Swampy?..

The ones I met were, I had a knife in my bag and was arguing the toss as I was sure there wasn't one. They showed me the scan and we went straight to it in the bag. Had to check it in, no dramas.

I have accidentally transported Swiss Army Knives in my carry on luggage.... Passed through checkpoints without drama, only to realize my mistake later and discarding the item.

So from first hand experience, I know that they are full of $$$$t

On my post above the knife in question was also a swiss army knife.

My interpretation of the article is that AoT officials are saying that Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit did not pass through the security check-point at BKK with the gun/ammo on his person or in his carry-on bag(s). It may, or may not, have been in his checked bags. (To me , given the gun is apparently his, my guess is that he packed it and it went undetected (CTX would not "see" it, random bag search/pilferage might miss it, any random checked bag X-ray staff might have missed it), not realizing this might be a crime in Japan. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.)

I think they are just trying to reassure the public, ICAO, etc. that their security is not to blame. A gun in the hold is of little threat to aircraft.)

I do know that they X-ray all checked bags in transit/originating at NRT - I've seen X-rays of my bags, they are amazingly detailed - so he would probably have been caught departing NRT even if he had put the gun in his checked bag.

Edited by bamnutsak

We'll know soon enough, Japanese prosecutors have 23 days to decide whether to prosecute or not.

He can get 10 years for that offence in Japan, but he wont have to sleep in a room with a 100 other inmates with no beds.

It would be fun to see him get prosecuted. Thailand is one of the few countries where very few policemen get prosecuted for crimes within their own country. The US is another. LOL. They only get arrested when a crime is committed in a foreign country. Lets go Japan. A place where they respect law and order, even if the crime is committed by the "law", which is an abstract term when we are discussing the MIB.

Probably using one of those 20,000 Quid GT 200 devices and forgot to put in the "hand gun" detector card option.

Maybe if he had been carrying golf balls they would have been detected as wasn't that what the so called detector was modeled on ?

When told that Camronwit was found with a gun and five bullets, which are explosive items, Phet said they may have been a small volume only. "We have to focus on the power to destroy and [cause] disaster," he said.

Dangerous objects like the 5cm fingernail scissors that were confiscated from me. Of course I am not a Poo Yai

ex police chief friend of Thaksin

It obviously wasn't his best gun then as that would have been the six shooter. Maybe he was taking it to sell?

The great thing that I like most about this story is he will not be able to buy his way out of it. Justice will be served on him and hopefully a change of management and attitude at the airport too.

My interpretation of the article is that AoT officials are saying that Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit did not pass through the security check-point at BKK with the gun/ammo on his person or in his carry-on bag(s). It may, or may not, have been in his checked bags. (To me , given the gun is apparently his, my guess is that he packed it and it went undetected (CTX would not "see" it, random bag search/pilferage might miss it, any random checked bag X-ray staff might have missed it), not realizing this might be a crime in Japan. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.)

I think they are just trying to reassure the public, ICAO, etc. that their security is not to blame. A gun in the hold is of little threat to aircraft.)

I do know that they X-ray all checked bags in transit/originating at NRT - I've seen X-rays of my bags, they are amazingly detailed - so he would probably have been caught departing NRT even if he had put the gun in his checked bag.

I disagree with your comment A gun in the hold is of little threat to aircraft.)

Firearms that are transported in the cargo hold are supposed to be unloaded and the ammunition stored separately from the firearm. The firearm is required under ICAO regulations to be secured and tagged. Question: Do you honestly think this chap properly secured his firearm? I don't.

Here's an interesting story on what happens when guns in the cargo hold go off.

Gun Goes Off on Alaska Air Flight

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A gun discharged in a baggage compartment on an Alaska Airlines flight while the plane was on the ground, but no one was injured. The bullet from a .357-caliber Ruger went from the cargo hold into the passenger area and lodged in a diaper bag Monday night on Flight 101, Port of Portland spokesman Doug Roberts said. The 737 jetliner was scheduled to depart Portland International Airport for Anchorage, Alaska, Roberts said. The crew and 86 passengers on board were transferred to another plane.Passenger Betty Jean Smith, 66, of Eagle River, Alaska, was charged with reckless endangerment and concealing a weapon without a permit. She was released to relatives in Vancouver, Wash. The gun was one of two stored in her bag.

http://articles.latimes.com/2000/apr/26/news/mn-23519

The gun was one of two stored in her bag, authorities said. Grant Johnston, of Anchorage, owned the diaper bag that was struck by the bullet. He told Portland television station KGW that he heard a loud noise at his feet and told a flight attendant. ''She went and checked with the pilot and came back and said it was probably just the cargo door closing, but a few minutes later they said somebody had a loaded gun in their suitcase and when the baggage handler threw it on board, it went off,'' Johnston said. http://peninsulaclarion.com/stories/042500/ala_042500ala0080001.shtml#.VYy9RrnbLX4

So, according to the article, he did not bring the gun from Thailand, but it has been registered to him there years ago. The explanation is simple. Ummm....

Seriously, it is not plausible that bought the gun in Japan. Even very few criminals have guns there. It would be difficult and very expensive. Intending to sell it there would be easier to believe.

Seriously, it is not plausible that bought the gun in Japan. Even very few criminals have guns there..............

.......... I am not sure I believe this about Japanese criminals, I have seen Kill Bill 5 times..........oh No, that was swords wasn't it?

So, if only he had a samuri sword instead of a handgun he would have been ok.