A new 90 day scam ... or an old one?

Why really do you need a receipt to make claim for taxes???? Lol

Normally you must pay 4000 and get arrested. What do you prefer?

seems he want the receipt, the overstay stamp and deported,

because the Overstay was sure and solid his foult !!

he should be happy with 2.000,- tea and coffe !!

He wasn't on an over stay, Failure to report your 90 days is not an overstay

• Like 1

I had an overstay and got a one time special of 1,000. Everything got stamped. I didn't ask for a receipt, hey thanks lady.

I had an overstay and paid the full amount, but they pocketed the money gave no receipt, and put a smart stamp to cover the dates. hey thanks thieves..

Bit rich isnt Paz, calling them thieves after it was you who broke the law, therefore one could rationalise, if you hadn't broke the law, then this wouldn't have happened

Look at this way, if this happened to you in a country like the UK or Japan you would have been on your way back home. Sit back open a cold one and enjoy the corrupt life in Thailand, but please never complain about corruption again. You commited a crime today, its called a bribing a civil servant and you are now part of the corruption problem in the country.

What are you wittering on about? One way or the other he was obliged to pay a 2,000 B fine for late reporting. Just to clarify the matter in your tiny mind, "bribing a civil servant" he did not! Getting a stamp in his passport to prove he paid it is not a very clever thing to ask for. He should have thought of that before posting.

When I paid the 2000 baht fine for late 90 day reporting at Chiang Mai I got a stamp in my passport same as chrisinth at #24.

Then I had to sign against my name in a ledger which I believe they keep for people who fail to report on time and after that another piece of paper written in Thai so I have no idea what that was and I didn't feel inclined to ask at the time.

If anyone can tell me what that was for I'll be obliged.

Finally I got a receipt.

I'm just wondering whether that will make life interesting when I next apply for my extension especially as this stamp was placed directly underneath this year's extension stamp.

They certainly seem to be very diligent with their record keeping.

You who does not appreciate, look at it this way, you had to pay a fine, you made someones day, nothing is recorded against your name, and a lesson was learnt.

Buy yourself an iPhone and set the calendar alert.

Go home and give the wife a big kiss and if the 2000 B really hurt look at it this way, its only dinner for 2 at MK twice....she will understand.

Why an iPhone?

Androids do it too!

As well as some wrist watches.

tongue.png

You who does not appreciate, look at it this way, you had to pay a fine, you made someones day, nothing is recorded against your name, and a lesson was learnt.

Buy yourself an iPhone and set the calendar alert.

Go home and give the wife a big kiss and if the 2000 B really hurt look at it this way, its only dinner for 2 at MK twice....she will understand.

Why an iPhone?

Androids do it too!

As well as some wrist watches.

tongue.png

AS do calendars and common sense.

I'm just wondering whether that will make life interesting when I next apply for my extension especially as this stamp was placed directly underneath this year's extension stamp.

No consequences whatsoever, as well there are none for overstaying.

• Like 1

No consequences whatsoever, as well there are none for overstaying.

Thanks paz