British man found hanged at his Phuket home

webfact

British man found hanged at his Phuket home
Eakkapop Thongtub

1435306993_1-org.jpg
The body of Mr Ashcroft was taken to Thalang Hospital by rescue workers.

PHUKET: -- A British man was found hanged at his home in Sakoo earlier today (June 26), police have not yet ruled the incident as suicide.

At 7:30am, Tha Chatchai police were called to a house in Sakko where a man had been found hung next to a chicken coop.

Upon arrival at the house in Moo Baan Bangmalou police and Kusoldharm rescue workers were led to the body of a shirtless male, named as 64-year-old Peter George Aschcroft, who was hanging by a piece of nylon rope.

The victim’s wife told police her husband had taken his own life because he was under a lot of stress due to health issue.

Police said they found no foul play or assault on the body of the victim. However, his body was taken to Thalang Hospital for further examination.

Police will gather more information while waiting for the autopsy results.

The Britist embassy has been notify.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/british-man-found-hung-at-his-phuket-home-52944.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-26

I was saddened to hear this news early this morning.

Peter had been in constant pain for a long time & I can only assume that it all got too much for him.

You will be greatly missed you old Scouser

1911047_10206717413920165_26938838787143

I hope you now find peace now Ashy.

Edited by LeungKen

es getting pain medicine in Thailand is next to impossible. For some reason nieve and uneducated Doctors who practice medicine here like to call anyone in pain a drug addict. Such bullshit. I have a severe neck injury. And I contemplated suicide once myself many years ago. I never understood why people would do that. Untill I was in extreme pain and had no pain medicine for awhile. Doctors here really do not know what the hell they are doing. Its very scary. And how they became doctors in the first place is very scary. RIP

It's good that a photograph was posted, these all too frequent posts are very impersonal. To see a photo gives a very small insight into his character, he did indeed look happy in his picture.

Unless we have been through it we have no idea of the suffering associated with an illness or injury, Mr. Ashcroft dealt with it as he wished and should be respected for it.

Sad, so very, very sad.

Condolences to his wife, family and friends...

unfortunately going home and getting free care is not as easy as it used to be,mainly because the doors were open to all and sundry many years ago,enock powell spoke the truth.may the scouser RIP and condolences to his wife and family.

in case you get really sick, isn't it best to go back to your home country & get some good old free NHS ?

if you get sick here with no insurance, than bankrupcy can happen quick

RIP the guy

That's a good post Sammy, but I have heard different things about the rules for going back to the UK for the " good old free NHS.

First I read here in Thaivisa that if you had paid all the contributions required, you could go back to the UK for treatment.

Then I have read the opposite to that. Then again if you have a UK passport, I cannot see any hospital turn you down.

es getting pain medicine in Thailand is next to impossible. For some reason nieve and uneducated Doctors who practice medicine here like to call anyone in pain a drug addict. Such bullshit. I have a severe neck injury. And I contemplated suicide once myself many years ago. I never understood why people would do that. Untill I was in extreme pain and had no pain medicine for awhile. Doctors here really do not know what the hell they are doing. Its very scary. And how they became doctors in the first place is very scary. RIP

Take your PDR to a pharmacy in Cambodia

Not one post of a murder conspiracy, thank god for that, rip sir

Well, until post #12, a TV Phuket record !

RIP to the gentleman, seems he went out on his own terms and we all can respect that.

I usually don't agree with possum, but his post #12 was certainly no murder conspiracy

in case you get really sick, isn't it best to go back to your home country & get some good old free NHS ?

RIP the guy

If your an expat and have lived outside of the UK for more than 3 years you cannot get any NHS treatment for the first 3 months it might well have been increased to 6 months , it really cheeses me off as HMRC enjoy deducting taxes from my pensions every month on top of that I paid 40 years of NI stamps !!!! RIP to the scouser !

RIP Peter its sad when it comes to such a point that you feel enough is enough and have to take your own life, sincere condolences to his family and friends another Brit bites the dust in Thailand soon wont be many old timer Brits left over here.

Palliative care in Thailand is like a joke without a punch-line. Worthless.

The authorities and doctors know no compassion.

The loss of your life was not necessary if you had lived in a country that actually cared about suffering of it's population, unlike here in this land of compassionate Buddhism.
What an immensely hypocritical paradox.

Rest in Peace mate. I'm sorry for the families loss.

"If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai)."

How about publishing something like:

If you or anyone you know is in need of Palliative (Pain) Care Services, please contact __________.

"We can't do that! You may become an addict before your disease takes your life."

Welcome to LUH. The Land of Uncompassionate Hypocrites.

RIP the guy

That's a good post Sammy, but I have heard different things about the rules for going back to the UK for the " good old free NHS.

First I read here in Thaivisa that if you had paid all the contributions required, you could go back to the UK for treatment.

Then I have read the opposite to that. Then again if you have a UK passport, I cannot see any hospital turn you down.

Friend of mine had lung and brain cancer last year. Been here for years and in South America before that. He managed to get himself to the nearest hospital to Heathrow where he immediately was given treatment. Unfortunately, he was far too late but was given treatment and pain relief till he died.

RIP the guy

If your an expat and have lived outside of the UK for more than 3 years you cannot get any NHS treatment for the first 3 months it might well have been increased to 6 months , it really cheeses me off as HMRC enjoy deducting taxes from my pensions every month on top of that I paid 40 years of NI stamps !!!! RIP to the scouser !

Absolute crap. Read my post # 29. Also I had very nice treatment for a growth in my ear last June till September. Were you in Dads Army playing the old Scotsman? He was also a prophet of doom