US Embassy invites PM Prayut to Independence Day celebration

Lite Beer

I agree completely with the poster- the American position on Thailand and much of the World is a disaster filled with bluster and a lack of cogency. There is no leadership in Washington or the rest of America- it is filled with politicians who could care less about advancing the actual lives of people. They only think about how much they can make while in office and how to further their own revenue stream when out of office. The daily lives of Americans continue to worsen, people are poorer than ever before and American continues to have a health care system that is the most costly in the World. As an American, I celebrate the 4th of July , not because of any rancour towards the British, but based upon the ideals that were once part of the American dream. This dream is dying and near death. Is there no one who can restore those values and spirit that once made America a great place to live and work?

As a Canadian I whole heartedly agree with your assessment. The politico's there are cut from the same piece of cloth. Its all cut backs work longer more part time jobs small or no wage increases fudged cost of living figures attacking seniors and their benefits and the list goes on and on. They have no shame only greed. The Canadian senate is a national disgrace.

I hope he told the the US what to do with the Invite... diplomatically. giggle.gif

IMHO he should have declined to attend because of their appalling human rights record, and released that to the press.

Edited by halloween