Kluaynamthai hospital

Aforek

Hi

just for information ( I am not sick ) , what do you know about this hospital ?

my health insurance has signed a convention with them, so I don't have to advance any money ( after acceptance of case , of course )

it's said it is specialized in care of the elderly ( what does it mean ? )

Thanks smile.png

There is a Kluaynamthai Hospital and then a Kluaynamthai 2 Nursing Home, the latter is for long term admission of the elderly who are no longer able to stay at home. The former is a small general hospital with an emphasis on geriatric care (care of the elderly). The range of specialties and level of acute are is limited.

is this truly the only hospital your insurance will cover?

There is a Kluaynamthai Hospital and then a Kluaynamthai 2 Nursing Home, the latter is for long term admission of the elderly who are no longer able to stay at home. The former is a small general hospital with an emphasis on geriatric care (care of the elderly). The range of specialties and level of acute are is limited.

is this truly the only hospital your insurance will cover?

No, Bangkok hospital and an other in Chiang mai ( and others more in future, in discussion )

I have seen their video of Kluaynamthai, true, people are in very bad condition !

I can't compare with other hospitals because I never go there ( except outpatient), but in the pdf above , they seem to have some equipment

Edited by Aforek

Kluaynamthai Hospital is just off Rama-4 on the Phra Khanong end, a 10 minute walk from the BTS station.

Though I have not personally used their services, I did take a woman friend there who was having a medical issue. She was treated respectfully at admissions and was quickly seen by a Doctor. She was given X-Rays and a thorough examination and happily, her issue turned out to not be serious.

​She was given some meds and told to return for a follow-up visit in 3 months.

All in, charges were less than B2000 but I don't recall the exact amount. I though they responded very well to a walk-in patient in her situation.

The physical plant is older, not shinny new like many local hospitals but everything seemed well maintained and sanitary. There were comfortable waiting areas with TV's and water was offered by an attendant.

English is not generally spoken but an English speaking staffer was summoned to explain my friends situation. She told me that there is always at least one English speaking staff member available at all times.

I did not get the impression at all that it was primarily a facility for the elderly. I saw patients of all ages while I was there.

I suggest the OP just go there before he has a medical issue and check it out.

Bangkok hospital is a good choice, can handle anything. Every specialty and all levels of care. But it is quite expensive so need to consider if your level of coverage (maximum per illness or per year) is adequate. Internationally isdued policies usually are but Thai policies are often unrealistically loe.