Camronwit's gun found to be unregistered

Lite Beer

I will wager that if the ballistics and history of this gun is checked with Interpol and other various crime agencies, it will have been used before to remove business obstacles in the Asia region. Perhaps this a part time occupation for the detained. Out there I know but you never know and it certainly wouldn't surprise me at all.

I think it's unlikely. Influential Thais don't do their own dirty work and hired gunmen use cheap guns in heavier, readily available calibers, e.g. 9mm, .38 special and .45 (11mm to Thais) .22 magnum ammo is not so easy to find and therefore easier to trace. This is virtually a novelty gun, unlikely to be the first choice of an assasin, although the .22 magnum cartridge does punch above its weight class.

The scary thing and what will probably be an added problem for Kamronwit is that the gun might be a suitable choice for a hi-jacker. If he had a 12 guage shotgun in his medicine bag, he would have a better chance in arguing that he wasn't thinking of discharging it on board due the high risk of bringing down the plane.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are 'Westernized' Arabic numbers. The OP says Arabic numbers. example below of Arabic numbers that would be stamped on a gun to be sold in an Arabic speaking country where they use Arabic numbers so Arabic authorities can read the serial numbers. Dubai, for example.

Many people will disagree with you. Source please? In general when people are speaking of 'Arabic numbers' they mean these numbers:

From Wikipedia,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals: Arabic numerals or Hindu-Arabic numerals[1][2] or Indo-Arabic numerals[3] are the ten digits: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. They are the most common symbolic representation of numbers in the world today.

Like I said earlier, at Kamronwit's trial, all the evidence will be presented and it will be proven if I am right or wrong. In the meantime, why does it matter to you if you are so sure I am wrong? I have the right to speculate the same as many who have been speculating on this subject for the last few days. Thank you, in advance, for allowing me to voice my opinion.

I thought the same as you but to be sure, I did a Bing Image Search and this if what I found when I typed in 'Arabic numbers': http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=arabic+numbers&qs=SC&sk=&FORM=QBILPG&pq=arabic%20mumbers&sc=8-14&sp=1&qs=SC&sk=&ghc=1

The numbering system the West uses now is usually referred to as Western Arabic/European numerals.

Modern-day Arab telephone keypad with two forms of Arabic numerals: Western Arabic/European numerals on the left and Eastern Arabic numerals on the right:

post-102528-0-29149700-1435467759_thumb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals

Many people will disagree with you. Source please? In general when people are speaking of 'Arabic numbers' they mean these numbers:

From Wikipedia,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals: Arabic numerals or Hindu-Arabic numerals[1][2] or Indo-Arabic numerals[3] are the ten digits: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. They are the most common symbolic representation of numbers in the world today.

Like I said earlier, at Kamronwit's trial, all the evidence will be presented and it will be proven if I am right or wrong. In the meantime, why does it matter to you if you are so sure I am wrong? I have the right to speculate the same as many who have been speculating on this subject for the last few days. Thank you, in advance, for allowing me to voice my opinion.

I thought the same as you but to be sure, I did a Bing Image Search and this if what I found when I typed in 'Arabic numbers': http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=arabic+numbers&qs=SC&sk=&FORM=QBILPG&pq=arabic%20mumbers&sc=8-14&sp=1&qs=SC&sk=&ghc=1

The numbering system the West uses now is usually referred to as Western Arabic/European numerals.

Modern-day Arab telephone keypad with two forms of Arabic numerals: Western Arabic/European numerals on the left and Eastern Arabic numerals on the right:

attachicon.gifEgyptphoneKeypad.jpg

And because a newspaper report said that a source omitted "westernised" while also mistakenly calling Roman lettering English, there is a procedure where guns are stamped with the numeral system of the region where they are sold. There is NO evidence anywhere that such a procedure exists that I can find, and the best you have come up with is a phone keypad using both number systems.

Why is everyone focusing so much on Camronwit's claim that he already had the gun when he left Thailand? Is it really so far-fetched that he has simply lied (wouldn't be the first time that a bigwig has twisted the truth) and in fact somehow obtained the gun while in Japan?

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever that the gun was in Camronwit's luggage from the beginning.

At least that scenario would explain 1) why the gun bears no Thai registration numbers, and 2) why the airport scanners didn't detect it when he went through security at Swampy.

And he stored it in his medication bag? How ironic.

just a question... if the gun is not from Thailand and he didn't leave Thailand with the gun, why did he attempt to have his son fly registration or ownership papers from Thailand to Japan?

It is a fine snapshot of the differences experienced when travelling between nations that have very different levels of tolerance towards certain behaviour. It is akin to a fish swimming in murky waters, then suddenly leaping up into the bright clear world above the surface. Suddenly exposed and visible, unprotected by the shadowy depths below. A fascinating story all round.

I will wager that if the ballistics and history of this gun is checked with Interpol and other various crime agencies, it will have been used before to remove business obstacles in the Asia region. Perhaps this a part time occupation for the detained. Out there I know but you never know and it certainly wouldn't surprise me at all.

oh oh...and it might be connected to assassination of JKF, played a role in the killing of Jimmy Hoffa, WOW, the Ex police General might even know where he is buried...gigglem.gif

The conspiracy nuts are out in force on this thread ain't they ? bored with KT murders perhaps

A little dose of reality- The gun in question.

This is a gun?

3_pistols_naa_mini__revolver_22_magnum_3

Source of photo: http://www.gunlistings.org/iowa-gun-classifieds/des_moines/all/39360/naa_mini__revolver_22_magnum

Source of description of actual gun: Bangkok Post.

Yes it has the potential to take out a few folk at close range.

please don't encourage them, as we will be getting regaled with stories by members who were EX-CIA/Seals/SAS assassin's or Mafia hit men giving us words of wisdom about their preferred methods of assassination on their "marks" and silly comments about "perp's and other jargon to make them sound credible in their delusional little world they are living in, in their heads

This is a gun?

Granted that it is legally a gun, and it can kill, it's pretty easy to see how it could have eluded the watchful eyes of airport security who are looking for something a little more substantial.

Dollars to donuts I could stick it in my underwear and get through the "thorough screening" with the nice lady doing the pat down thinking my belt buckle is triggering the detector wand. Even my tiny belt buckle sets off the alarm and triggers the wand most of the time. And so far, not a single screener in Thailand (or anywhere, for that matter) has reached down my pants or grabbed my junk to confirm it's just my belt buckle. (In fairness, I have had to remove my belt and send it through separately in the USA, but never in Thailand)

Edited by impulse

Un registered???

Surely as soon as a serial number is put on the gun it is registered? when the gun left the factory a paper trail must have started? who was/were the last last persons or arms dealer recorded???

This is a gun?

Granted that it is legally a gun, and it can kill, it's pretty easy to see how it could have eluded the watchful eyes of airport security who are looking for something a little more substantial.

Dollars to donuts I could stick it in my underwear and get through the "thorough screening" with the nice lady doing the pat down thinking my belt buckle is triggering the detector wand. Even my tiny belt buckle sets off the alarm and triggers the wand most of the time. And so far, not a single screener in Thailand (or anywhere, for that matter) has reached down my pants or grabbed my junk to confirm it's just my belt buckle. (In fairness, I have had to remove my belt and send it through separately in the USA, but never in Thailand)

Funny that one...shows the last time you went through the international side of Swampy.....they make you take your belt off my dear James or is it Johnny and have done so for years ?

And what happens if they put you through the full body scanner ?....tell them what they are seeing is your "little wand" ?

So what's the next instalment ?.....your time in Kabul with the CIA Austin ?

Edited by Soutpeel

I very much doubt that guns sold in Thailand from international gun makers have their serial numbers written in Thai. This is a report from the Japanese side NOT the Thai side. Can anyone with a legal gun in the family confirm about the serial numbers please!

That's a argument ,or change of story they might try, but then surely he has a bigger problem if he goes down that route..okay so now your saying it didn't come from Thailand so where and who did you get it from in Japan and how did you 'forget' it was in your luggage..he's f***** ..serve him and BiB right..more of the same please..also..Arabic numbers and English indicating where the gun was sold...!! Dubai anyone?

".also..Arabic numbers and English indicating where the gun was sold...!! Dubai anyone?"

Here's some examples of Arabic numbers for you, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. Back to school anyone?

Arabic numbers are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - As far as I know their are used most of the time in the Western world as well.

If you see....0.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. Etc..printed on a object would you call them Arabic numbers? no you wouldn't

To make the point of English and Arabic numbers in the report would indicate once again as another poster has mentioned the 'other' Arabic alphabet was present..otherwise how could you make that statement ..

"If you see....0.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. Etc..printed on a object would you call them Arabic numbers? no you wouldn't"

In normal speech of course you wouldn't because it wouldn't be necessary but the fact remains that those numbers are known as Arabic numbers whether you know it or not. If the Tokyo authorities had meant to say that the numbers were in the Arabic language,i.e. not Westernised Arabic, they probably would have said so.

Arabic numbers are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - As far as I know their are used most of the time in the Western world as well.

If you see....0.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. Etc..printed on a object would you call them Arabic numbers? no you wouldn't

To make the point of English and Arabic numbers in the report would indicate once again as another poster has mentioned the 'other' Arabic alphabet was present..otherwise how could you make that statement ..

"If you see....0.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. Etc..printed on a object would you call them Arabic numbers? no you wouldn't"

In normal speech of course you wouldn't because it wouldn't be necessary but the fact remains that those numbers are known as Arabic numbers whether you know it or not. If the Tokyo authorities had meant to say that the numbers were in the Arabic language,i.e. not Westernised Arabic, they probably would have said so.

Here's how Egyptian rifles are marked in Arabic numbers - if you check the prior sheet provided on page 2, you can translate it yourself without the helpers in the picture (upper is the year of manufacturing -1959, lower the serial number -249). I suppose this is what is meant in Arabic numerals, not "Roman" ones.

DSC01991-1.jpg

Quote: National police chief General Somyot Poompanmuang instructed Police Region One commissioner Pol Lt-General Amnuay Nimano to find out how Camronwit was able to depart Thailand with the gun, and Amnuay then instructed Samut Prakan provincial chief Pol Maj-General Thana Chuwong to probe the incident.

Indeed...how could a POLICE OFFICER smuggle a gun out of the country.

I surmise we will need the assistance of Thailand's foremost rocket scientists to figure out how exactly he could get a gun past the always diligent Thai airport authorities.

Cheers

It really does not matter one jot where or how this gun came to be in his possession, the simle fact is that he admitted it was his gun, there was no explanation asa to why it was where it was, only now we are having half hearted attempts to claim lapse of memory.

This is a Police General of the Royal Thai Police who has committed a major offence in Japan and internationally. It goes to actually show what the RTP are capapble of and what they may do in the futre. I hope as an ex-policeman he gets the book thrown at him for being such a complete idiot and a disgrace to the uniform he wears.

Here's how Egyptian rifles are marked in Arabic numbers - if you check the prior sheet provided on page 2, you can translate it yourself without the helpers in the picture (upper is the year of manufacturing -1959, lower the serial number -249). I suppose this is what is meant in Arabic numerals, not "Roman" ones.

Roman numbers are III, IX, VIII etc. Arabic numbers are the numbers that we use in English, because we took them from the Arabs and they replaced the older Roman system. The standard term for these numbers in English is Arabic.

The gun was printed with these numbers and the English language.

Roman numbers are III, IX, VIII etc. Arabic numbers are the numbers that we use in English, because we took them from the Arabs and they replaced the older Roman system. The standard term for these numbers in English is Arabic.

See the photo again for (non-Westernized) Arabic numbers -.-

It'll be interesting to see the ballistics testing of this "unregistered" firearm and find out how many shootings/executions it's been involved with ...

Interesting indeed, but what's the betting if the ballistics information gets fed back to the Thai police they will find no match to any shootings in Thailand...........

See the photo again for (non-Westernized) Arabic numbers -.-

..........and because Egypt stamped military rifles with them, 56 years ago, US manufacturers do it now. BS.

Now, the only way Kamronwit could be deeper in the poo is if he had gone on a shooting rampage in Japan. One question I would dearly like to ask him. "Why did you keep it loaded when you easily can buy .22 magnum cartridges in Thailand?" There is stupid, breathtakingly stupid, glaringly stupid, but this is approaching 'blindingly stupid'. Wow!

He is not the first Thai to be stupid and certainly not the last.

I see a lot of stupid people around me everyday.

Nigeone wrote:

"I don't know how your reading it to be honest...I asked a question...based on what's been reported and the statement that Arabic and English numbers are on the gun....as another poster has put quite clearly why differentiate between the words English and Arabic ...this would then lead to any normal thinking person to ask where the ex BiB would get a gun 'possibly' from a Arabic country...I am looking in at a situation as is everyone else...if the reports are true?? And the gun has come from a Arabic country which country would you suggest it might have come from .? And from who...just a thought....I don't have agenda whatsoever but I do know what I believe to be right and wrong...and this situation is very wrong and unlike in Thailand I hope he gets what he deserves ..that's it...no red shirt yellow shirt stuff...just right and wrong...is that clear for you"

Yes, thank you that is very clear.

Still kind of a weird coincidence, that of all the countries with Arabic- language, you choose Dubai.

But anyways...

You are aware, that with the right connections and the right money, you can almost buy ANY weapon in Thailand, aren't you?

Chinese, Vietnamese, Arabic, Israeli....

There could be Sumeric- signs on that weapon and it could have still been purchased in Thailand.

No need to be shy. We all know this guy went to meet Thaksin in HK. Thaksin was photographed pinning his insignia on which he proudly displayed on his office wall. Indeed he noted his promotion would not have been possible without the help and patronage of Thaksin.

If anything is weird it's a top cop having the balls to openly state that publicly - he associates with and is grateful to a convicted criminal fugitive, who he meets and socializes with.

Now, one of Thaksin's homes is in Dubai, one of the more worldly Arab places. (The country is the UAE btw). Is it beyond the realms of your imagination to speculate that the proven close friend and patron of this former very senior policeman might have given him this gun as a token of his esteem, friendship or reminder of who the patron is in the relationship?

Would any other Arabic speaking country, that might use Arabic numerals, spring to mind rather than Dubai? If so, perhaps you'd like to share your rationale with us all.