Kudos to my Immigration officer

Did you already have your extension stamp put in your passport? If so, maybe she wanted the paper desperately to cover her own ass...

Perhaps. Yet a small gift would not only be appropriate, but potentially beneficial in the years to come.

Really nice to read a story like this. Might I suggest a nice food gift sent to her, but to be shared around her office.

Nice ideas in theory but possibly the most inappropriate thing to do.

Maybe she likes you.... Joob joob

I like her...but so does my wife!

She is the only immigration officer we have met with for the past three years.

She has always been very nice as well as helpful.

Bud not approve!whistling.gif

• Like 1

Did you already have your extension stamp put in your passport? If so, maybe she wanted the paper desperately to cover her own ass...

No stamp.

Only the usual notice to return in one month to see if the extension had been approved or not.

Keep trying, you might find a valid way to put a negative spin on a good deed! ( not!)

After all, this is TV!

Bash, bash, bash!

Oh dear, we are touchy today....i wasn't bashing Thais, just saying if you already had your stamp, it wouldnt matter to you, only matter to her for not collecting all the paperwork. I didn't know you had to wait a month for your extension, i get mine within an hour or less...chill out mate, buy a joke book, and have a laugh for a while.
  • Like 2

No stamp.

Only the usual notice to return in one month to see if the extension had been approved or not.

Keep trying, you might find a valid way to put a negative spin on a good deed! ( not!)

After all, this is TV!

Bash, bash, bash!

Oh dear, we are touchy today....i wasn't bashing Thais, just saying if you already had your stamp, it wouldnt matter to you, only matter to her for not collecting all the paperwork. I didn't know you had to wait a month for your extension, i get mine within an hour or less...chill out mate, buy a joke book, and have a laugh for a while.

You probably got a retirement extension the same as I have. Down in Nakhon Sawan 125 km away where I have to go it takes about the same time.

If however you have applied for an extension based on marriage then all the paperwork is dealt with locally and then sent off to BKK which takes about a month to be processed and returned.

My first few extensions were based on marriage as I was a FIFO. When I finally retired in 2009 I went the retirement extension route.

Were you unaware of that?

Oh Yes you are correct, that IO- lady was a bad one.... REALLY???

So what!!!!

Glegolo

• Like 1

Really nice to read a story like this. Might I suggest a nice food gift sent to her, but to be shared around her office.

We have a really lovely young Lady in our Immigration Office who always goes out of her way to be helpful. In return my Wife bakes a tray of Brownies to share amongst the staff. Seems to go down very well too!!

Nice to hear. I have my "dislike Thailand" days, but have had 2 good experiences in the last 24 hours (unrelated to visas), which make me feel warm and fuzzy. Then I realise that good service is normal service in other places rather than the exception. So I've decided that rather than wanting people to lose face (in their custom, not so much ours, as we might just call it talking straight), I want to promote those who do a good job, on time, and on agreed price. There are good hard working locals around us still it seems.

Regarding gifting, that's an awkward one. Once I had a gang of Thais help me out with an unprompted situation with a crazy farang and they saved my ass. I saw them the week after and wanted to buy them all a drink as a thankyou. They declined (even though they were drinking already). I was told that to buy them a drink would be insulting, as to suggest that they could not afford their own and didn't want to be subservient. I was just trying to do what I thought was the appropriate thing, but hadn't considered that.

No stamp.

After all, this is TV!

Bash, bash, bash!

Sadly enough , but you'r right...

TVF is to much bashing, not only on Thai, but also on those who praise the Thai people

Shame on the bashers coffee1.gif

• Like 1

We have a really lovely young Lady in our Immigration Office who always goes out of her way to be helpful. In return my Wife bakes a tray of Brownies to share amongst the staff. Seems to go down very well too!!

In Thailand, this is a great way to show appreciation without encouraging corruption. I always try to hand it to the person who deserves it with the message that it is for him/her and colleagues. Making it clear that he/she is responsible for the little treat is good for his/her face in the office also.

No stamp.

After all, this is TV!

Bash, bash, bash!

Just asking but where do you go to get it within an hour? If you do, is there a fee involved like many others on he tell us is being applied in many immigration offices?

No stamp.

After all, this is TV!

Bash, bash, bash!

She ain't supposed to accept incomplete applications, so her fault.

I guess her boss checked her work and said sort it or else.

@Si Thea

Marriage extensions are issued in BK, the locals check and forward the applications.

It's to stop complaints about civil rights abuse, if the locals were to play games for bribes.

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1