Driving License in Udon Thani

Pik

I got it July 29 in less than 30 minutes.

I had;

Medical Report 30 bath

Residency Certificate 500 bath

International Driving License

After presenting my papers Lady office asked me to photo copy all International Driving License pages . Cost 80bath for photo copy

Came aback and was sent for color blind test

The took picture 100 Bath

Licence 105 Bath

It took less than 30 minutes to get 2 years driving licence.

Good Luck to all

Also, why / how did you get a 2 year license? I heard of a 1 year license for first time drivers and 5 years for every renewal.

Since 23 March 2015, all newly issued temporary licenses are valid for two years.

Has been discussed in other threads.

As the wording says: certify your address/place of living.

Residency certificate may or may not be issued by the local immigration (where you do your extension).

Tell them what you need it for and be prepared to pay a "contribution" (despite many claim they got it for free).

There you won't need to explain in Thai.

Some offices seem to refuse, don't know about Udon Thani.

Worst case would be your embassy.

Some posters stated they got one at the local police station, probably showing up with a Thai witness/neighbour.

I have registered for a motorcycle license for tommorow.

I have a yellow ("farang") house book and they were satisfied with that (this was not in UT).

Guess you don't have that.

This is an application form for a c.o.r. by Bangkok immigration:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

(application form to get a form tongue.png )

So they use this wording for c.o.r.:

Click to see in Thai and some transcript:

http://www.thai-language.com/?blu=y7nRp8rXzcPRusPNp7bU6Lm31ei_0aHN0sjRwuO5u8PQ4LfILmg%21

Hope this transscript serves well for English speakers:

năng-sĕu ráp rong tìn têe pák aa-săi nai bprà-tâyt

(certificate of residence within Thailand)

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you have a work permit, they will ( they should ) take that as a substitute for a residence certificate. At least that was the case here in Ubon.

So: residence certificate OR yellow house book OR work permit.

And like KhunBENQ said, residence certificate you can get at the immigration office or with a bit of luck at your local police station...maybe even at the tourist police?

If you have a work permit, they will ( they should ) take that as a substitute for a residence certificate. At least that was the case here in Ubon.

So: residence certificate OR yellow house book OR work permit.

And like KhunBENQ said, residence certificate you can get at the immigration office or with a bit of luck at your local police station...maybe even at the tourist police?

When I made my DL's in Chonburi 14 years ago, I have to admit that i had no plan how to do it. The "certificate of residence" showed my hotel address at Naklua.

The Immigration officer took 500 baht for issuing the certificate and i had no idea that it wasn't really kosher, being on a tourist visa.

When i went to the transport department, an Austrian guy couldn't read English, when i was trying to give him the right answers, an employee jumped in.said no cheating would be allowed, then asked for 500 baht and tickled the right answers for him.

I still got my hotel address in my licenses now. facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

then asked for 500 baht and tickled the right answers for him

No, he just helped him to translate to Austrian laugh.png

No English? Why not try Chinese or Japanese biggrin.png (I read they are available).

then asked for 500 baht and tickled the right answers for him

No, he just helped him to translate to Austrian laugh.png

No English? Why not try Chinese or Japanese biggrin.png (I read they are available).

Glad you understood it. Some Americans told me that Austrians' mother tongue would be English. But they're actually "Jodling". facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan