Dual Monitor

ianpants69

I am seeking a slightly unusual tool (I think)

My PC is used as a multimedia centre and I therefore take advantage of the dual monitor feature which allows me to continue working whilst playing movies on the secondary monitor, using my TV as a second monitor.After rearranging my house I am no longer able to see the TV whilst sitting at my PC and my radio mouse isn't powerful enough to allow me to use it in front of the TV.

I am trying to find a tool which will allow me either to toggle between clone and dual monitor setup (allowing me to configure applications which appear on the second monitor on the primary monitor i.e. switch to clone mode, start a video playing and toggle back to dual mode, [leaving the video playing on the secondary screen and my usual desktop on the primary screen]).

Alternatively I wonder if there is a programme which will give me a live screen shot of the secondary monitor on the primary monitor (which would enable me to configure the programmes on the secondary monitor without being able to see it)

Any other solutions most welcome...

Many thanks

Ian

My PC is used as a multimedia centre and I therefore take advantage of the dual monitor feature which allows me to continue working whilst playing movies on the secondary monitor, using my TV as a second monitor.After rearranging my house I am no longer able to see the TV whilst sitting at my PC and my radio mouse isn't powerful enough to allow me to use it in front of the TV.

I am trying to find a tool which will allow me either to toggle between clone and dual monitor setup (allowing me to configure applications which appear on the second monitor on the primary monitor i.e. switch to clone mode, start a video playing and toggle back to dual mode, [leaving the video playing on the secondary screen and my usual desktop on the primary screen]).

Alternatively I wonder if there is a programme which will give me a live screen shot of the secondary monitor on the primary monitor (which would enable me to configure the programmes on the secondary monitor without being able to see it)

Many thanks

Ian

you dont say what O/S you are using?

if using windows xp pro all I do is open the application up then reduce it and drag it to the required screen and then evry time you open that app it auto opens on the screen you dragged it to

no extra software needed at all just set up the display properties to the resolution and def you want and thats it

when I get round to it gonna try to run 4 monitors with 2 from pci and 2 from agp will post if it works post-30979-1158492685_thumb.jpgthis is xp pro running desktop on side thai forum on other

Many thanks

Ian

Free dual monitor manager