Swedish military chief says Russian jets released flares

webfact

Swedish military chief says Russian jets released flares

STOCKHOLM (AP) — Sweden's top military commander says Russian fighter pilots are behaving in an increasingly aggressive manner in northern Europe, flying dangerously close to Swedish Air Force jets and in some cases even releasing flares at them.

Supreme Commander Sverker Goransson told a seminar on the Swedish island of Gotland on Monday that the Russians are breaking the normal rules of conduct for when military aircraft meet in the air.

He said examples include Russian planes breaking formation, flying at unsafe distances and using "countermeasures" that "nearly bounce off the metal" of the Swedish aircraft.

The Swedish military on Tuesday confirmed he was talking about decoy flares designed to divert incoming missiles.

Goransson said he believes their behavior is "sanctioned at the highest level. Otherwise they wouldn't act this way."

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-06-30

Russia has been acting like a school bully to the smaller neighbouring countries for quite an while now. There has been numerous 'accidental' breachs of air spaces, which have become monthly or even weekly occurrences. Russia has been testing the defence systems of the Nordic and Baltic countries.

This is part of the hybrid war, Russia is trying to push at the moment. While they might have more equipment, they lack the stamina, what the Nordic and Baltic countries would have to keep the Russians away.

I truly hope that the Russian people will find a way to get rid of Putin and his lackeys, before these nationalistic thoughts escalate in the same way, they did in Europe, before the second world war.

Edited by Guest

Sweden military chief is a women, no wonder Russia has no respect for Sweden.

Sweden is the most mess up country in the world, it's been fully corruption by male hating Feminists.

* Men have to sit when taking a piss.

* Men don't get paid if they don't take time off work to look after their child.

* No such thing as a male or female in their dictionary, men and women are called "hen"

* Only country in the world where they don't believe a child needs both parents to bring up a child.

* they have over 50 no go zones cause men have refused the government's corrupted policies.

The list goes on and on.. It's basically the west in the next 50 years. Men aren't men there anymore!

Putin's pushing and probing all the time. He won't give in on Ukraine and if necessary will escalate. He could be thinking that a quick flare up, with quick advances from his forces could get back large parts of Ukraine, Baltic states, maybe some of Finland, etc. Gives him a bigger buffer against NATO and the EU.

The West was perhaps a little to eager to cut costs and scale back their East facing European forces.

Don't need too much to think about Sweden which can handle Putin up in the north country by its jets using countermeasures.

Putin has to pay attention instead to the United States cause there's a new sheriff in town, SecDef Ashton Carter....

U.S. sending arms to answer "Russia's provocations"

June 23, 2015

Secretary of Defense Ash Carter confirmed Tuesday that the U.S. is to station heavy military equipment, including tanks and other weapons, in new NATO member states for the first time since the end of the Cold War.

"These are responses to Russia's provocations," Carter told CBS News correspondent Margaret Brennan in an exclusive interview in Estonia, one of the nations the American defense chief said could already "feel" the imminent threat posed by its massive neighbour to the east.

The newly positioned U.S. military hardware to include 250 tanks was to be located, at least for now, in Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, and Romania.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ash-carter-heavy-weapons-eastern-nato-russia-nuclear-provocations-ukraine/

This is more than a speed bump.

Edited by Publicus

Putins

The tactics of provoking a nation to retaliate from repeated excursions and playing chicken reminds me of the Bay of Tonkin incident. US naval forces made repeated incursions into North Vietnamese waters until Nth Vietnam sent some patrol boats to investigate. They were shot out of the water, US complained that it had been attacked in international waters. Result - one more US provoked war. Russia is just experimenting with this US tactic. Like the US, Russia will lose this confrontation because no one likes a bully. China might learn this lesson too, with their South China Sea provocations.

I'm not sure why the Swedes are getting so worked up about this considering they have encouraged and even funded hostile aliens to invade their Country. Perhaps they are disappointed the Russian pilots didn't land in Sweden to apply for asylum.

I'm not sure why the Swedes are getting so worked up about this considering they have encouraged and even funded hostile aliens to invade their Country. Perhaps they are disappointed the Russian pilots didn't land in Sweden to apply for asylum.

'Funded hostile aliens' really?

rijit

The big problem with Putin is that he has nowhere to go and Putin is addicted to power. He is currently at the top of his career.

While some former heads of states can find their peace on UN work, after their presidency, Putin does not have that possibility. Nobody outside of Russia wants him.

The only way for him, to push his personal goals is to push the threat of Russia to the neighbours. He don't really care if he sacrifices a large number of Russians, while doing this. He is not even nationalist, but he uses the nationalism to get to his goals.

The real task is to open the eyes of the Russian people of what Putin actually represents. This is not an easy task as Russia is currently ruled by thugs, who don't hesitate too much to kill opposition leaders, who talk too much and too openly about the problems Russia have.

Why I am so much against Putin? Well, this is the first time in my life that I feel that we are currently heading towards to the WW III during this or next decade. I consider Russians to be smart and strong headed people, quite the same as us Finns, Germans and other nationalities. But all people can be distracted to believe a populist who promises a lot, when things are not so well in the country.

http://kioski.yle.fi/omat/at-the-origins-of-russian-propaganda
http://kioski.yle.fi/omat/this-is-what-pro-russia-internet-propaganda-feels-like
http://www.businessinsider.com/prosecutors-putins-cronies-helped-the-russian-mafia-work-in-spain-for-more-than-a-decade-2015-6

The big problem with Putin is that he has nowhere to go and Putin is addicted to power. He is currently at the top of his career.

While some former heads of states can find their peace on UN work, after their presidency, Putin does not have that possibility. Nobody outside of Russia wants him.

The only way for him, to push his personal goals is to push the threat of Russia to the neighbours. He don't really care if he sacrifices a large number of Russians, while doing this. He is not even nationalist, but he uses the nationalism to get to his goals.

The real task is to open the eyes of the Russian people of what Putin actually represents. This is not an easy task as Russia is currently ruled by thugs, who don't hesitate too much to kill opposition leaders, who talk too much and too openly about the problems Russia have.

Why I am so much against Putin? Well, this is the first time in my life that I feel that we are currently heading towards to the WW III during this or next decade. I consider Russians to be smart and strong headed people, quite the same as us Finns, Germans and other nationalities. But all people can be distracted to believe a populist who promises a lot, when things are not so well in the country.

http://kioski.yle.fi/omat/at-the-origins-of-russian-propaganda

http://kioski.yle.fi/omat/this-is-what-pro-russia-internet-propaganda-feels-like

http://www.businessinsider.com/prosecutors-putins-cronies-helped-the-russian-mafia-work-in-spain-for-more-than-a-decade-2015-6

oilinki to president!

Russia has been acting like a school bully to the smaller neighbouring countries for quite an while now. There has been numerous 'accidental' breachs of air spaces, which have become monthly or even weekly occurrences. Russia has been testing the defence systems of the Nordic and Baltic countries.

This is part of the hybrid war, Russia is trying to push at the moment. While they might have more equipment, they lack the stamina, what the Nordic and Baltic countries would have to keep the Russians away.

I truly hope that the Russian people will find a way to get rid of Putin and his lackeys, before these nationalistic thoughts escalate in the same way, they did in Europe, before the second world war.

And the other small countries around are all the time teasing the bully. When the bully gets angry they run to their papa (USA) whining.

They all together act like 8 year olds.....doing stupid actions till something real happens (see Malaysian airplane).

Sweden is the most mess up country in the world, it's been fully corruption by male hating Feminists.

* Men don't get paid if they don't take time off work to look after their child.

* No such thing as a male or female in their dictionary, men and women are called "hen"

* Only country in the world where they don't believe a child needs both parents to bring up a child.

* they have over 50 no go zones cause men have refused the government's corrupted policies.

The list goes on and on.. It's basically the west in the next 50 years. Men aren't men there anymore!

Sweden is not in Nato but pretty much coordinates closely with Nato and will fight with Nato against Russia no question.

Denmark is for instance in Nato and Sweden and Denmark coordinate closely over waters and air space they have in common between 'em and around 'em.

Putin knows this so by harrassing Sweden he's simultaneously challenging Nato but he's also pushing non-Nato countries through Nato's front door.

Putin is another one carrying on alone by himself with no allies.

And the other small countries around are all the time teasing the bully. When the bully gets angry they run to their papa (USA) whining.

They all together act like 8 year olds.....doing stupid actions till something real happens (see Malaysian airplane).

The smaller countries are not trying to tease the bully. For the most of the time, smaller countries are simply trying to co-exist in this ever chaotic world. We want to survive and fight back. For example Finland is doing what it can to support NATO, doing military practises together, but the nation is still afraid to join in due the prolonged fear of the Russia. Yes, Finland hopes to be out of the way, when the shit hit's the fan, but at some point it also have to make the difference.

Small and rather weak nations, when compared to the huge military powers, have to be street smart on what ever they do. Finland and Sweden knows that our nations are the first buffer zones as we are so close to the Russia.

Estonia took a long time ago, much more active role in this conflict. They joined NATO as soon as it was possible to them. I think both Finland and Sweden should have done the same. Not it's a bit late, but at least we can still support NATO the best way we can.

Let's not to forget that the Russia is the other of the two nations, which can destroy the world as we know now, in 30 minutes. The problem is not the Russian people per se, but the one who is leading the country at the moment.

Sounds to me like Putin wants war.

That is what I fear as well. The war would not be due national pride, but due Putin's own egoistic view of how important person he think he is. Putin is a master of manipulation, like his predecessors were. Would it be too early or correct time to make a link between Putin's and Hitler's early actions at this point?

Most of us don't remember how much the last big war really hurt the people. We generally talk about the heroic actions of the solders. We almost always forget how really horrible the war was to the common people.

To kill millions and make all the families to suffer, or simply to get rid of one bad leader? It's not that hard decision to make. Russia please, make your wise move. Don't let one manipulative and sociopathic leader to kill your children.

The problem seems to be that the vast majority of the Russian populace is very happy and proud of Putin and the display of manliness he represents for Mother Russia. They flock to his side, even when sober. They just adore this Slavic version of the "Little Bavarian" and will happily follow him down their vodka lubricated path towards self-delusion and self-destruction as long as it remains profitable for the ruling oligarchy to foster such attitudes. Of course this is not all too different in nature than the self-delusion and self-destruction paths fostered by the ruling corporatocracy in the west.

The problem seems to be that the vast majority of the Russian populace is very happy and proud of Putin and the display of manliness he represents for Mother Russia. They flock to his side, even when sober. They just adore this Slavic version of the "Little Bavarian" and will happily follow him down their vodka lubricated path towards self-delusion and self-destruction as long as it remains profitable for the ruling oligarchy to foster such attitudes. Of course this is not all too different in nature than the self-delusion and self-destruction paths fostered by the ruling corporatocracy in the west.

I think this is a brilliant example why people should work together and forget the power hungry politicians.

We have very smart and interesting people all around the world, as long as we listen to them.

Of course this is not all too different in nature than the self-delusion and self-destruction paths fostered by the ruling corporatocracy in the west.

So, do we have a self-delusion of real freedom, which needs to be solved?

The Russian people take a great pride in how much misery they can suffer. They are Old World people who are behind their leader and want to suffer for the Motherland to show how tough they are, how they can withstand the misery of personal suffering.

The newer generations are not like this but there's no indication the younger Russians have any political impact on either the government or the population itself.

The population as a whole accepts that it's expected Putin (or any Russian leader) kills his political opponents, and kills 'em shamelessly and by the dozens. We're dealing across the board with a nation living in the deep and dark harsh brutalities of the past.

I believe the Russian people will stop short of war but by then it's always too late to actually stop the shooting after it's already begun.

While Putin does not intend a war he cannot win against Nato, Putin knows he can push the Russian people indefinitely. However, it's Putin's recklessness against Nato and the USA in particular that will eventually lead to an incident. How big and significant or how small and insignificant the incident(s) may be remain to be seen.

The West with its sanctions and isolating Russia expects Russians on the ground to call Putin to account around this time next year, but I don't know cause there's a lot of time between now and then.

Of course this is not all too different in nature than the self-delusion and self-destruction paths fostered by the ruling corporatocracy in the west.

So, do we have a self-delusion of real freedom, which needs to be solved?

If by "we" you mean my own country, the USA, then yes. Clearly the data on economic inequality is but one indicator. The failure to deal honestly about global warming is but another indicator. This is not to say there are no differences between the Russian situation and the situation in the US. Clearly none of the would-be little Bavarians who are running for the US presidency appeal to the larger masses as does Putin to the Russian masses. Russia remains far further to the right on this particular political continuum.

Putin needs to have his wings clipped - the sooner the better.

why do i associate your avatar with the wisdom you are spreading? ermm.gif

Interesting. You disagree with Putin having his wings clipped? This indicates you are in favour of Putin threatening Sweden, Denmark, the Baltic states etc. How odd that you see nothing wrong with Russian bombers flying into Canadian airspace. None of these countries presents a threat to Russia, yet Putin attempts to intimidate and bully them.

Please understand that we cannot go back to the happy days of your youth when Russia was invading European countries, when the stasi were keeping things quiet in east Germany, when Romania was warehousing abandoned infirm children, allowing them to slowly starve to death etc. Putin does indeed need his wings clipped to keep him from his bullying and threatening ways.

If

I understood you are in love with nitpicking. Not really wanting to talk about the real issues.

Please do make an effort to make your point.

Putin needs to have his wings clipped - the sooner the better.

why do i associate your avatar with the wisdom you are spreading? ermm.gif

Interesting. You disagree with Putin having his wings clipped? This indicates you are in favour of Putin threatening Sweden, Denmark, the Baltic states etc. How odd that you see nothing wrong with Russian bombers flying into Canadian airspace. None of these countries presents a threat to Russia, yet Putin attempts to intimidate and bully them.

Please understand that we cannot go back to the happy days of your youth when Russia was invading European countries, when the stasi were keeping things quiet in east Germany, when Romania was warehousing abandoned infirm children, allowing them to slowly starve to death etc. Putin does indeed need his wings clipped to keep him from his bullying and threatening ways.

Yep dont quite think the sanctions are strong enuf if the oil price wasnt so piss poor i reckon they'de be pretty useless. Saying that the rubles heading steadily down the pan so a few more twists of the screw and maybe the russian people will finally realise that this is all about a politician who's just trying to keep power as long and by any means he can.

rijit

Rubbish from beginning to end! Get your facts straight.

Why did you stop?

Women aren't women there either. They are like men - objects for rape. Sweden has opened rape victims help clinics for males.

The strange phenomenon is - both genders come for help but often do not file complaints.

Men having to sit when taking a piss is only half the truth. The other half is that women have taken to piss standing - just to be equal.

There are also no go zones for non-Muslims. Never mind the Gov't policies.

The OP reported flares were mistaken. Russian pilots insist they were farts.

Edited by ABCer