German woman found hanged at Phi Phi Island

Lite Beer

German woman found hanged at Phi Phi Island
Eakkapop Thongtub

1435663554_1-org.jpg

The 26-year-old German tourist Katharina Jolanthe Rebacz was found hanged at Ao Por Beach on Phi Phi Island on Friday. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

Krabi: -- Police are investigating the death of a German woman found hanged at Phi Phi Island on Friday (June 26).

Krabi Marine Police transported the body of the woman, identified as 26-year-old Katharina Jolanthe Rebacz, from Phi Phi Hospital for Krabi Hospital yesterday (June 29).

“We have asked doctors to confirm the cause of death and to report anything suspicious,” said Krabi investigator Lt Seksan Boonlerd.

Local residents found Ms Rebacz hanged from a tree by a nylon rope at Ao Por beach at about sunset on Friday.

Ms Rebacz, who had tattoos on her right arm and both upper arms, was dressed in a black t-shirt with a zebra head print and black shorts.

Police also found a note written in German tucked under her shirt inside her bra.

“We have asked for native German-speakers to help with translating the letter. It may reveal some clue,” said Lt Seksan.

Doctors at Phi Phi Hospital told police that ms Rebacz had been dead for six to 10 hours before her body was found.

“We have yet to rule this case as suicide or rule out any foul play,” Lt Seksan told The Phuket News.

“We are carrying out a full investigation into this case.”

Ms Rebacz’s family have been notified of her death, Lt Seksan confirmed.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/german-woman-found-hanged-at-phi-phi-island-53003.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-30

Too bad she could not have hung in there a bit longer to see another day of life, very sad indeed. Hope her family gets the support it needs.

Really, you ought to pick your words more carefully

RIP

Too bad she could not have hung in there a bit longer to see another day of life, very sad indeed. Hope her family gets the support it needs.Hung in there a bit longer Nice choice of words

"Hung in there a bit longer" nice choice of words Hlover!

RIP young lady

this poor girl really looks alike with a polish girl who disappeared 3 years ago, same age, even same mole on the left cheek http://nasygnale.pl/kat,1025341,title,Gdzie-jest-23-letnia-Katharina,wid,14914972,wiadomosc.html ... I don't wanna jump into conclusions but I confess that the possibility of a russian mafia's involvement is crossing my mind...

Do you mean this poor girl may have been involved in some illegal activity in Thailand?

too Young too die, RIP !!!

26 years old: probably broken hearted...

She has tattoos up and down her arm. Tattoo a are a form of self mutilation. People with many tattoos always have some kind major issues.

Possible mental illness and severe depression may result in suicide... It happens in any country, doesn't it?

She has tattoos up and down her arm. Tattoo a are a form of self mutilation. People with many tattoos always have some kind major issues.

Someone who writes this kind of crap definitely has a major mental issue

What a pathetic comment.

And no, I don't have any tattoos.

Tosser. A complete tosser.

Condolences to family and friends.

We have yet to rule this case as suicide or rule out any foul play,” Lt Seksan told The Phuket News.

“We are carrying out a full investigation into this case.” At last, a Policeman with some common sense. Well done Sir.

Puket must have the highest rate of tourist suicide in the entire world.

That's pure crap. I seriously doubt she committed suicide. You all have your heads buried in the sand or what?

Heads buried in the sand. That's a great way to commit suicide , could start a trend. BTW is that Gary Puket and the Union Gap ' Young girl get out of my life '

this poor girl really looks alike with a polish girl who disappeared 3 years ago, same age, even same mole on the left cheek http://nasygnale.pl/kat,1025341,title,Gdzie-jest-23-letnia-Katharina,wid,14914972,wiadomosc.html ... I don't wanna jump into conclusions but I confess that the possibility of a russian mafia's involvement is crossing my mind...

I don't think she looks anything like her.

How the hell did you come up with that?

Hahaha, Christ in a Chevy! Where did you get that from? That must be a troll comment if ever I heard one, because even old fashioned chaps (like my dad for instance) may never understand the allure, or like the artform but certainly don't make the incredible leap that would be required to link tattoos to self mutilation or mental illness.

Archived