Acceleration Not So Good.

Neeranam

When I got my Mazda 323 Astina a few months ago, the acceleration was very good, with the gear hold button off and putting the foot right down, I was thrown backwards. Now it's not so good. Any advice as to why? And what can I do? I have no money to take it to the garage :o

When I got my Mazda 323 Astina a few months ago, the acceleration was very good, with the gear hold button off and putting the foot right down, I was thrown backwards. Now it's not so good. Any advice as to why? And what can I do? I have no money to take it to the garage :o

Well have you started to use 91 Octane in your car instead of the 95 your engine is designed for as you mentioned you would a month or so back? If you have then that would be the problem.

If not then look into what the other posters have mentioned

EDIT: Just thought....if your using Gasohol it could be a bad tank of gas, how long has this problem affected you?...I had this issue on numerous occasions with my previous car. always when I filled up at a PTT station. Had no problems from Shell or Jet Gasohol

Edited by moonoi

EDIT: Just thought....if your using Gasohol it could be a bad tank of gas, how long has this problem affected you?...I had this issue on numerous occasions with my previous car. always when I filled up at a PTT station. Had no problems from Shell or Jet Gasohol

I also had problems with Gasohol. Noticed that the car was starting to use alot of gasoline but didn't think much of it until I made a trip to Issan and almost run out of gasoline 150 km earlier than I used to. When I switched back to 91 I got the normal gasmilage.

Think there is some monkey buiseness going on with gasohol, if im not completely wrong I thing they can mix water in Gasohol that will blend with the alcohol in it. :o

Edited by C5VETTE

Gasohol will wreak havoc on older cars like ours, so I stick with 91. Also, somebody mentioned that when you switch to gasohol, your mileage will drop and that can negate the purpose of using it depending on the current prices.

I've recently seen some ads on TV for NGV but the only way to get that is to go to PTT or some special stations...in a tiny town upcountry you could be in trouble if all they have is a mom and pop station.

Folks are now starting to use palm oil for their diesel engines as it's cheaper than diesel and it burns cleaner as well.