Bangkok traffic ticket

there are confilcting answers here. do you ride in the most left lane or in the most right lane?

i can understand passing and U turn from right lane.

Left most. The guy who wrote right lane misspoke. 100% he meant left lane.

Yes I did.. my apologies.. and this is the law.. I have looked it up. It is for al vehicles but then after that law there is a law specially for bikes telling us to stay left.

General law is for al vehicles stay left unless passing

More specific law aimed at bikes and trucks buses stay always left.

I have had Thai friends help me with the translation as the original English translation that i found online was not clear.

you got off light . i was going cm to raynong. got by mistake on highway for cars looking to get off a moterbike cop pulled me up i asked how to get off he asked for licence then told me i could have it back when i paid him 2000b then futher on rd stopped with all other cars and bikes again same thing 1000b

asked why he smiled and said speeding everyone like me were only going 30as it was heave traffic?

You gotta be a little crazy to drive a bike in Bangers anyway.

Best of Luck.

Many moons ago driving a new pickup with red plates & a farang behind the wheel amounted to pay day

for the boys in blue

You seem to have little real experience yourself. First of the police does not wear blue here but brown hence the name BIB.

Red plates at night or out of your province if you did not update the book you have to pay. Thais too.

As for the crazy for driving a bike, plenty of foreigners me included do so. In general most OAP's are scared of their own shadow so I can see why driving a bike here would be considered dangerous.

Not saying its not dangerous, but just getting into traffic here is dangerous so unless you always stay home your at risk.