Koh Tao: Men accused of killing Brit backpackers plead with victims' families for justice

webfact

Years ago, a VIP Thai person died while sitting in a chair in a fancy hotel room. There was major controversy over whether he was murdered or committed suicide. Not surprisingly, Thai investigators/officials couldn't come up with a conclusive answer - probably because the prime suspect was himself a VIP. The point I'm making here, is when hotel staff found the corpse, before authorities arrived, the staff cleaned up the room. They didn't want anyone to see a messy room.

Fastforward to the case we're discussing herein: Perhaps Thais cleaned up the victims' bodies before having them sent to the UK. Outside and inside? It sounds outlandish to those of us who seek truth in this investigation, but stranger things have happened........

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before during and after Mon and Nomsod were prime suspects, Thai officialdom were trying frantically to pin the crime on Burmese migrants. Officials tested two groups (hundreds) of Burmese migrants and all were cleared. I repeat: it was announced by Thai officials: ALL WERE CLEARED of DNA matches.

All during that time, there was pressure from Bkk and TAT to nail some suspects, but make sure it wasn't anyone related to the Headman. This they did, and quickly. Yet, officialdom didn't expect us pesky farang to be making so much sustained noise about there being a blatant cover-up. If it was just a Thai affair, the noise would have subsided months ago. Thais are world renown for accepting official pronouncements even when they know they're bullsh!t. Farang have a pesky habit of continuing to speak up, even when officialdom requires them to hush up and move on.

This is false:

"Before during and after Mon and Nomsod were prime suspects, Thai officialdom were trying frantically to pin the crime on Burmese migrants."

Since they named UK nationals and Thais as suspects.

This is also false:

"ALL WERE CLEARED of DNA matches."

There is not a single scrap of evidence to support this claim.

Neither there's any scrap of evidence to support this one:

"All during that time, there was pressure from Bkk and TAT to nail some suspects, but make sure it wasn't anyone related to the Headman. "

So, as usual, all you do is peddle falsehoods to justify your obsession with certain people and call that seeking Truth and Justice. rolleyes.gif

They're particularly false to anyone who doesn't want such things to be true.

Now that the trial is about to begin does anyone think we should we run a poll on what we think will be the outcome ?

Suggestions on what to ask ?

Any volunteers to set it up ?

you got a ten foot pole?

Seriously though, it may offend the Hallowed Halls of Legaldom to speculate on that at this time. I don't know. Trying to not offend Thai officials is like trying to sink a basketball in a moving hoop.

The highest ranking Thai official I've ever had any dealings with:

A handsome, bright, and charming man who says he was a former Agricultural Minister. I and my Thai partner had a little real estate gig going. We listed his house for sale, we found a buyer, we all agreed on the standard 3% commission to be paid by the seller to the agents (me and my friend). All was fine, we all went to the bank, including the buyer, cash was passed across the table, everyone was nearly giddy. Then the former Minister said with a cute grin, to me and my partner, in English: "Oh two percent is ok, isn't it?" He quickly handed the money to us, and just as quickly slipped out the door.

This is false:

"Before during and after Mon and Nomsod were prime suspects, Thai officialdom were trying frantically to pin the crime on Burmese migrants."

This is also false:

"All during that time, there was pressure from Bkk and TAT to nail some suspects, but make sure it wasn't anyone related to the Headman. "

So, as usual, all you do is peddle falsehoods to justify your obsession with certain people and call that seeking Truth and Justice. rolleyes.gif

No, they are false because what you say does not match with reality; it's you who is deep in denial, repeating demonstrably false claims like a mantra to shield yourself from a reality that doesn't support your beliefs and to try to pass yourself as some sort of authority on the matter.

Sure, I can see My Prime Minister of Canada sitting down with the Head Honcho of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and say "Hey Hank" "Lets Frame a couple of poor Immigrants for that Rape and Murder that took place in Toronto last week." "Or the President of the United States doing the same with the Secretary of State. Sure it is possible but do you know how crazy that sounds?

But this is exactly what you all try to say when involving the present Leader of this country and his top Generals, and expect everyone to buy that. Like this is the only murder and rape that has taken place in Thailand this year so the Police have nothing better to do with there time and money then frame a couple of Innocent Migrant Workers.

I don't doubt for a moment that Burmese Migrant workers are't treated the same as Thai's and consider themselves as Second Class Citizens here. Hell! I feel the same about that myself. There is also probably not too many people living here for any length of time that hasn't put a little money under the table for one thing or another. So What?

The Mobile Phone was found at the accused residence, so it had nothing to do with them being tortured. They claimed they found it on the beach that night, along with the sunglasses. Some confusion arose when the General was misinformed and told the press it was Hannah's Mobile Phone, when in fact it was Davids Millers they found.

Yes, I would admit to being a 3 legged frog, if I was under duress and pressured by the Police. But I would not confess to a murder I did not commit, where being found guilty means the death sentence. They did not look beaten or swollen when they appeared in front of the press for the reenactment. They could have had the Family Jewels taken away but I think we would have heard about that by now.

But in all fairness, if you want to start fresh without the Confession being allowed in Court then by all means. They did not have a Lawyer present at that time so that is good enough for me. Base the court verdict on evidence presented from both sides only. I don't think they need there confession anyway.

It is very true that the Judge will wait to decide on whether the DNA can best tested again and someplace else, and until the first day of the Trial. I don't know the reason behind this but I can guess. A Trail Court can set a Presidence for future court trials. So if this Judge allows the retesting of DNA, without just cause, then he can be opening the door for all convicted criminals to request the same. So I believe the Defense has to present just cause t do this, or it will be scrapped. Just MHO. . .

Gonna have to open your eyes up to how YOUR Prime Minister and the RCMP work. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/trial-calls-into-question-rcmps-account-of-what-it-knew-about-senior-officer-caught-in-prostitution-sting

Commissioner Paulson gave false evidence in the case. Says he knew nothing of the report, yet his Assistant Commissioner says he told him. Also, this trial had some damning documents presented to the court that the judge refused to let anyone see. It just so happens that if that information was to get out, you would be surprised about "YOUR" prime minister and the Commissioner of the RCMP (who happens to be appointed as the head of the RCMP by Parliament - so they walk hand in hand). I also guess you have never heard of Maher Arar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maher_Arar#Canadian_government_response) or Giuilano Zaccardelli. You try to portray other countries with "squeaky clean" governments, but you better take off the rose colored glasses.

The families of the victims have already made a public statement.

Funny I was thinking about this today.

The family have made a statement judged on what they have been told by the RTP.

I wonder what statement they would have made if they knew what the RTP knew, and have keep from them.

Like the 99% who have commented on this case they would be wondering what in the name of Buddha are those two behind bars for.

Well, the more I read about this case the more twists and turns I seen in it.

Many of the twists and turns were fabricated by Thai officials, and also attributible to their hiding evidence, not looking for evidence, discounting evidence or simply just not thinking to look for certain things.

If Thai officials had done a remotely professional job, there would not be so much controversy swirling around. Similarly, if Brit officials would do their jobs, it would clear things up.

I agree with you in part at least that from the start they did not handle this case very well at all. I was one of the first to say here they should have stopped everyone from leaving the island as soon as they discovered the murders and secured the crime scene. Then there was all those Media Reports which seemed to come out daily and where they seemed to contradict themselves and their reports almost daily. How many times did they say they were sure they had the murders?

I may even go so far as to say that they may have discounted evidence and perhaps should have looked deeper into some things they knew about. Hell! I am in such a good mood today I may even go along with that they went over the accepted limits in obtaining the confessions. But when you talk about Fabricating Evidence, this entirely a different kettle of fish.

For one thing Fabricating Evidence is against the law and has serious consequences. If caught you would be given an automatic loss of job for life and a Mandatory Jail Sentence. That is pretty serious isn't it? I agree that Fabricating some Evidence, but not all, would be easy to do. A Police Man planting a cell phone in the accused residence would be easy enough to do. "Hey Chief!" "Look what I found!". But when you start including some very higher up Ranking Generals, and a reputable Forensic's Lab in Bangkok, and all there people working there, this is a completely different story.

I mean if they were after some Drug Lord or Gangster like Al Capone, I might believe that they would twist the truth a little bit. Maybe even plant some evidence. But for 2 poor Migrant Workers? For Heavens Sake Why? To Save Face? You and I both know that during the first few weeks of this investigation, and until the first general was replace, they lost so much credibility in this case (Face) that they could never recover from that now. That is why so many people are all still talking about these blunders today.

Now the next General could have used these first blunders to get right out of this mess and cover the part where the sun never shines, but he doesn't. He could have easily said that the all DNA Testing of everyone on the Island is complete with no DNA match. So the culprits must have left the Island and Thailand already and we have no way to prove this case. Which if those 2 British Guys have anything to do with these murders, as the defense claims, it could be close to the truth. Even if the Mafia did pay the Police off to clear there people as many here claim, then the Police could still have taken the money, cleared their people, but still said the same thing. So that just doesn't hold water as I think everyone here would agree that these Mafia Guys, if they exist, weren't trying to frame 2 Migrant Workers.

There is no losing Face in that this case could not be solved, is there? Or at least more than they lost already. After all, Scotland Yard never did catch Jack the Ripper did they? The FBI Special Task Forces never caught the Zodiac Killer either. So what is just one more unsolved case? There must be thousands out there unsolved, and I am sure quite a few in Thailand to. Sure there was media pressure to solve this case, but by telling everyone the culprits skipped town would have relieve this pressure long ago.

But in the height of all this Media Attention and Frenzy, and in the first few days of October, the Police Announce that they have found the killers and that the 2 accused are being held in custody. But instead of relieving this Media Pressure, it only added more fuel to the fire. Some Media started reporting a conspiracy theory and using terms like Scapegoats. Now this was either the craziest think I have ever read, or by far the largest of all the police blunders. I am not sure which. But by them sticking their neck out so far with this news made me think that perhaps they really do have a case here, and the murderers.

We can kick this thing back and forth and forever and never really get any farther then we are today. I am not trying to change anyone's mind here about anything. It wouldn't matter to the case even if I did. If they want to believe some Conspiracy Theory then this is fine to. But at least they should understand the consequence for doing so.

It just Bugs me to no end when people post this here but make it sound equal to stealing a Chocolate Bar in a Candy Shop and with no serious consequences. Falsifying Evidence is a very serious Criminal Offence! Is it easy to do? If anyone here really wanted to kill someone, would that not be easy to do also? Baring the President of the United States. Being easy doesn't make it plausible!

The way I see this ending is not a good one. If the Prosecution's Evidence holds up in Court, and at this moment in time I don't see many reasons why not, other than perhaps throwing out the Confessions, the Defenses is going to have a tough go proving Reasonable Doubt. Of course if the Defense can retest the DNA and find that it does not match the accused then it is a different Ball Game. But if the DNA Tests presented to the Court by the Prosecution meets the standards and guidelines as Submissible Evidence, they may not get a chance to do another Independent DNA Test.

So without this, there only hope then is a Credible Eye Witness. A Relative or a Friend of the accused won't cut it unless they can back their statement with another sources or something like that. A guy on the motorbike who claims to have seen the Rape may not be much help either, unless he saw who these people were and can identify them. With a half moon that night, which could have set during the time of the murders, and only his Motorbike Head Light for a source of light, probably from a distance, it would be easy for the Prosecution to disclaim anything he saw on that dark night.

The Defense I understand has 31 witnesses they want to bring to trail. But they are stilling looking for people to come forward if they heard or seen anything. So I believe they are still looking for a Credible Eye Witness who witnessed this crime, to come forward. With the DNA Test Results on the Prosecutors side, and other circumstantial evidence, unless the defense can counter this with their own test results, or an eye witness, their ship is sunk.

So if you were on the defense team, and if this was true, how would you handle the case? Would you fight to the bitter end and risk the Death Penalty, with hopes on more success on your appeals, or would you try to cut a deal with the Prosecution, pleading Guilty and taking the Life In Prison instead. Or if you were one of the accused would you fight or take the deal if it is offered? This is of course just pure speculation as that Prosecution may not even offer a deal.

In my view, they will either plead guilty some time after the trial starts, and get 99 years each in prison, or fight it and lose, and get the Death Penalty. Both of which doesn't look to good for them. But again, just pure speculation on my part. So I truly hope they get a fare trial and have a chance to make their case.

Congratulations! You are now starting to sound like someone who isn't prepared to accept every statement that the RTP have issued, and also agree that they made blunders right from the start, and intimate that you think that the RTP might have used illegal means to extract the confessions. Is it just your mood, or are you finally realising that there is more to this case than the official RTP line? If you hadn't put your avatar to the above post, I would have sworn that it had been posted by someone else, as the whole content is contradictory to your usual style. Anyway, well done, and I notice that you have even taken on board the fact that it is a "trial" and not a "trail" - at least in your last sentence. Now, let's start working on that other word - "fare". That is the money that you pay to a taxi driver to take you from A to B, or the choice of food in a restaurant, whereas "fair", means treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination, the colour of someone's hair, or a type of travelling entertainment with sideshows, rides, etc, esp one that visits places at the same time each year (and other similar usages) I presume that you mean without favouritism, and as you can see, that is spelt "fair". So go away and do your homework, and we'll see you tomorrow! (Sorry, I'm starting to sound like you - please ignore my last sentence!)!

As I mentioned, I have pointed these blunders out right from the start, which was back in September last year. I have not changed my mind on that.

I am also an Engineer who has had a very successful career working overseas in the Oil & Gas Industry. I don't need to know how to spell perfectly, nor do I need to know perfect grammar. You much lower paid English Teachers need to know that stuff.

.....but maybe, yes maybe, they are guilty, the facts and proof they seem to have suggests that, so I will stick to what is known,...

Unfortunately, there are few facts. Most of the 'facts' could well be fabrications put forth by Thai officials in their manic determination to frame two powerless, poor, young scapegoats. Already we, the general public, have shredded some of those 'facts' ("Hannah's phone found behind the Burmeses' shack, and dozens of other 'facts'").

Here are some facts to stir in to your morning coffee: Thai officials won't cooperate with Thai forensics re; DNA. They refuse to send NS's (and likely other former prime suspects') DNA typing to the Brit experts.

Another 'fact:': The Thai self-appointed PM specified that Brit experts will be allowed to come to the island, but as 'observers only.' NO INVESTIGATING, NO QUESTIONS TO ANYONE BUT THEIR RTP MINDERS, no follow-ups to clues.

Yet another 'fact': The judge said yes in April, to allowing re-examination of DNA. Then he said 'not now. I'll make a decision on the first day of the trial' a few days later.

I understand all that, but then again that is all well within the Thai law they are allowed to do that and change their minds, even produce more evidence on the day, not like in the UK where it is disclosed, so I have to go on what was shown for us to see, and confirm, but there is nobody on the 2 BB helping to save them, they speak of witnesses to support them, but that has so far been hot air, or they wont come they are scared, still all hot air, as stated we will see over the next month, and the family in the UK said that the UK police had spoken to them, and that they were happy with the Thai results gathered, we must remember this is Thai law we are talking about, and it happened in Thailand, in many other countries they would have already been dead

If the defence has identified witnesses who have come forward, I would suggest it is not 'hot air'. As I understand it (and I don't blame them for being scared) giving evidence at Samui which could implicate Thai locals is risky, that's why the defence will be asking the court if they would accept video-linked testimony from afar. We will see, but I understand already the court has turned down defence witnesses giving testimony in a BKK court. So much for the fair and just trial rhetoric bandied about by Thai officialism - that's hot air.

And this, more than anything, is what infuriates most people on here.

It is easy to say you have witnesses and they are back in the accused's country but can give evidence via video link, many countries can coheres someone from the same country, as you say Thailand did it, why not Burma, or Myanmar as it is know nowa days

I would find this strange if you didn't oft repeat things already proven to be untrue. Such as Panya being replaced before earlier suspects were ruled out.

Panya was appearing to be the head man, in the days prior to him being jerked off the case. Here's the most plausible scenario for that: From the get-go, there was pressure to nail Burmese migrants for the crime. Unfortunately for officials (and migrants), Panya was doing his job rather well, and was following evidence which pointed to Mon and Nomsod. Still the pressure was exerted, by Bkk and the Headman and his buddies. When they caught up with Nomsod, who had been hiding, they gave him his 'get out of jail free' card. Nomsod and his lawyer could have said anything at that point, and the RTP would have gladly and quickly eliminated him as a suspect. By that time, pressure from Bkk (to indict someone) was increasing day by day.

As an aside: Thai tourism officials thought it was lack of indicting someone which would keep tourists from coming and spending their dollars. They were wrong. The dastardly murder/rape had already been done, there was no changing that. Tourists aren't so concerned about a speedy indictment. They're more likely to stay away if the island is shown to be a mafia-riven dangerous place to party - which it is. Instead of being in such a frantic hurry to indict someone, RTP should have taken a plodding professional attitude of following where the evidence leads. That's what Panya was doing, somewhat. Days before he was physically removed from heading the investigation, the cards had already been dealt by his superiors in Bangkok. The cop who outranked Panya put himself in charge. He had probably been manipulating the investigation for days leading up to the dismissal. Since then, no investigating has been done - that we know of - certainly no further investigation of Mon of Nomsod.

Great Story! But none of it true!

Nomsod was not hiding! His Father just didn't know where his adult son was exactly when he was asked by Police, as he was off island. Nomsod was a suspect early into the investigations, like many others, but he was cleared right after the Police discovered he was not even on the island when the murders took place September 15, 2014. But to dispel accusation from people like you, Nomsod gave his DNA to the police in October.

LINK

https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/koh-tao-leaders-son-gives-dna-sample-to-quell-skeptics/

Sure, I can see My Prime Minister of Canada sitting down with the Head Honcho of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and say "Hey Hank" "Lets Frame a couple of poor Immigrants for that Rape and Murder that took place in Toronto last week." "Or the President of the United States doing the same with the Secretary of State. Sure it is possible but do you know how crazy that sounds?

But this is exactly what you all try to say when involving the present Leader of this country and his top Generals, and expect everyone to buy that. Like this is the only murder and rape that has taken place in Thailand this year so the Police have nothing better to do with there time and money then frame a couple of Innocent Migrant Workers.

I don't doubt for a moment that Burmese Migrant workers are't treated the same as Thai's and consider themselves as Second Class Citizens here. Hell! I feel the same about that myself. There is also probably not too many people living here for any length of time that hasn't put a little money under the table for one thing or another. So What?

The Mobile Phone was found at the accused residence, so it had nothing to do with them being tortured. They claimed they found it on the beach that night, along with the sunglasses. Some confusion arose when the General was misinformed and told the press it was Hannah's Mobile Phone, when in fact it was Davids Millers they found.

Yes, I would admit to being a 3 legged frog, if I was under duress and pressured by the Police. But I would not confess to a murder I did not commit, where being found guilty means the death sentence. They did not look beaten or swollen when they appeared in front of the press for the reenactment. They could have had the Family Jewels taken away but I think we would have heard about that by now.

But in all fairness, if you want to start fresh without the Confession being allowed in Court then by all means. They did not have a Lawyer present at that time so that is good enough for me. Base the court verdict on evidence presented from both sides only. I don't think they need there confession anyway.

It is very true that the Judge will wait to decide on whether the DNA can best tested again and someplace else, and until the first day of the Trial. I don't know the reason behind this but I can guess. A Trail Court can set a Presidence for future court trials. So if this Judge allows the retesting of DNA, without just cause, then he can be opening the door for all convicted criminals to request the same. So I believe the Defense has to present just cause t do this, or it will be scrapped. Just MHO. . .

Gonna have to open your eyes up to how YOUR Prime Minister and the RCMP work. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/trial-calls-into-question-rcmps-account-of-what-it-knew-about-senior-officer-caught-in-prostitution-sting

Commissioner Paulson gave false evidence in the case. Says he knew nothing of the report, yet his Assistant Commissioner says he told him. Also, this trial had some damning documents presented to the court that the judge refused to let anyone see. It just so happens that if that information was to get out, you would be surprised about "YOUR" prime minister and the Commissioner of the RCMP (who happens to be appointed as the head of the RCMP by Parliament - so they walk hand in hand). I also guess you have never heard of Maher Arar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maher_Arar#Canadian_government_response) or Giuilano Zaccardelli. You try to portray other countries with "squeaky clean" governments, but you better take off the rose colored glasses.

I only read some Sargent say that he knew one of his Supervisors was trying to pick up some Prostitute one night. Bid Deal! I also did not see the Prime Minister's Name mentioned, nor did I see the Chief of Police mention, in this article either. So do you place this cop trying to pick up a Prostitute in the same league as the Prime Minister of a Country and his Police Chief trying to frame someone innocent for murder?

Is there any country out there who has a Police Force which is totally spotless? The guy who made this statement was trying to form a Union within the Police Force. That is not welcomed much in my country. It would be like making a Union out of your Army.

But Hey! If we are going to blame one mans faults on all of them why not attack all the Catholic Priests in the world, and throw them all in jail, just because some fondled some Young Boys. .

The families of the victims have already made a public statement.

Funny I was thinking about this today.

The family have made a statement judged on what they have been told by the RTP.

I wonder what statement they would have made if they knew what the RTP knew, and have keep from them.

Like the 99% who have commented on this case they would be wondering what in the name of Buddha are those two behind bars for.

Hog Wash!

The Families have both made there statements after they have been privy to the Evidence, which you or I have not been, and have made there feelings about this case and how it was handled, very well known. They were upset at people for jumping to conclusions because the Prosecution has a very strong Evidence and the Defense has a very strong case to defend against.

If you can't understand this then let me translate for you.

If both Families think that the Prosecution has a strong case against the 2 accused, which they do and have said as much, then they must think they are Guilty!

The Police the UK sent to observe this case in Thailand were not fresh out of the academy and led around like high school boys by some tour guild. They were Seasoned Veterans with which I am sure having several years of UK Investigative Work and Experience. They are trained to see through any Sham in seconds! They were not allowed to share their Report with the General Public for obvious reasons, but they did with the 2 UK Families.

If someone did that to my daughter, and they showed me strong evidence to support that the 2 accused did this, there is no way I would say and do anything to support them. But also being more involved in the case I would also have to be much more careful in what I say, as I wouldn't want to give the defense something they could use against me later or jeopardize this case.

It is perfectly clear how the feel about this. It is only you, and people like you, who don't see that as you don't want to. How Sad! . .

I would find this strange if you didn't oft repeat things already proven to be untrue. Such as Panya being replaced before earlier suspects were ruled out.

Panya was appearing to be the head man, in the days prior to him being jerked off the case. Here's the most plausible scenario for that: From the get-go, there was pressure to nail Burmese migrants for the crime. Unfortunately for officials (and migrants), Panya was doing his job rather well, and was following evidence which pointed to Mon and Nomsod. Still the pressure was exerted, by Bkk and the Headman and his buddies. When they caught up with Nomsod, who had been hiding, they gave him his 'get out of jail free' card. Nomsod and his lawyer could have said anything at that point, and the RTP would have gladly and quickly eliminated him as a suspect. By that time, pressure from Bkk (to indict someone) was increasing day by day.

As an aside: Thai tourism officials thought it was lack of indicting someone which would keep tourists from coming and spending their dollars. They were wrong. The dastardly murder/rape had already been done, there was no changing that. Tourists aren't so concerned about a speedy indictment. They're more likely to stay away if the island is shown to be a mafia-riven dangerous place to party - which it is. Instead of being in such a frantic hurry to indict someone, RTP should have taken a plodding professional attitude of following where the evidence leads. That's what Panya was doing, somewhat. Days before he was physically removed from heading the investigation, the cards had already been dealt by his superiors in Bangkok. The cop who outranked Panya put himself in charge. He had probably been manipulating the investigation for days leading up to the dismissal. Since then, no investigating has been done - that we know of - certainly no further investigation of Mon of Nomsod.

Nomsod was not hiding! His Father just didn't know where his adult son was exactly when he was asked by Police, as he was off island. Nomsod was a suspect early into the investigations, like many others, but he was cleared right after the Police discovered he was not even on the island when the murders took place September 15, 2014. But to dispel accusation from people like you, Nomsod gave his DNA to the police in October.

LINK

https://crimesontheblog.wordpress.com/2014/10/30/koh-tao-leaders-son-gives-dna-sample-to-quell-skeptics/

Nomsod's DNA sample-taking was a full fledged media event. His daddy, his lawyer, the protective police and their grinning top cop were all there. Any fool knew the outcome before it was announced. Interestingly, Nomsod never says anything publicly. When he appeared, after hiding, with his lawyer and later at the media event. Has he ever once stepped forward and said something like, "I didn't do it, and I sincerely hope the real perpetrators of this heinous crime are rounded up and brought to trial. If found guilty, they should get the full force of punishment." ? No, he lurks, almost smirking, in the shadow of his high-paid lawyer, his daddy, and police brass. He's got the backbone of a jellyfish, except perhaps in the early morning of Sept 15...... (the continuation of this sentence has been self-censored, because it would send up red flags among posters who shamelessly shield the H's people, and would probably get me suspended).

As for "Nomsod was not hiding! His Father just didn't know where his adult son was....." Gimme a break. The kid's not 6 years old. Everyone in Thailand knew he was being searched for by police FOR DAYS.

This is false:

This is also false:

No, they are false because what you say does not match with reality; it's you who is deep in denial, repeating demonstrably false claims like a mantra to shield yourself from a reality that doesn't support your beliefs and to try to pass yourself as some sort of authority on the matter.

I'm 'shielding myself from a reality' That's rich. You can't refute the well-considered scenarios I put forth, so you devolve to school yard reactions, like; No, that can't be true! Don't so be cruel to Nomsod, he's a nice handsome boy. Boomerangutang, you're telling lies because you're shielding yourself from reality.

Right, and I've put in an application to be the next Pope. Look for the puff of white smoke from the side chimney.

Cookee 68 post 281 It is easy to say you have witnesses and they are back in the accused's country but can give evidence via video link, many countries can coheres someone from the same country, as you say Thailand did it, why not Burma, or Myanmar as it is know nowadays

Point of fact: I have never said Thailand (or RTP or any official) has coerced anybody, because I don't know. Was you referring to Boom? Other than that I agree they could, and so could Myanmar. If individuals want to perjure themselves for whatever reason, there's nothing you or I can do about it.

a comparison: right after Welshgirl Kirsty Jones' rape/murder in Chiang Mai in 2000, police had 2 prime suspects. They were Thai and one was a policeman, so they were let go. DNA trail was f*cked up. Under pressure from higher ups, cops nabbed a hill triber and were nearly successfuly in forcing him to confess. However, a lawyer came along and dashed the cops plans, and the hill triber was let go, a bit tattered for wear - of course with no compensation for false imprisonment.

Fast forward to a few years later: Kirsty's parents come to Thailand, to try and get some movement on the case. A photo-op is set up with the parents and the top brass in the case. All are smiling, as if to accentuate that the cops are doing a good job and the parents are content. Complete sham. The parents never were satisfied with the botched investigation.

There are also similarities with the do-nothing British Coroner's Office. Here's a quote from a news article published in 2013 - Kirsty's mother is speaking out. . . . .

"She said she had been trying to persuade the Foreign Office to release documents relating to her daughter’s murder for six months, but UK government officials had claimed the information could harm diplomatic relations or prejudice a future court case.

“As far as I’m concerned communication is their (the Foreign Office’s) biggest problem,” said Mrs Jones. They can only do as much as they’re allowed to do but claiming that these documents could damage diplomatic relations is ridiculous. All we want to know is what happened and we want justice.”"

source

LINK

Nomsod's DNA sample-taking was a full fledged media event. His daddy, his lawyer, the protective police and their grinning top cop were all there. Any fool knew the outcome before it was announced. Interestingly, Nomsod never says anything publicly. When he appeared, after hiding, with his lawyer and later at the media event. Has he ever once stepped forward and said something like, "I didn't do it, and I sincerely hope the real perpetrators of this heinous crime are rounded up and brought to trial. If found guilty, they should get the full force of punishment." ? No, he lurks, almost smirking, in the shadow of his high-paid lawyer, his daddy, and police brass. He's got the backbone of a jellyfish, except perhaps in the early morning of Sept 15...... (the continuation of this sentence has been self-censored, because it would send up red flags among posters who shamelessly shield the H's people, and would probably get me suspended).

As for "Nomsod was not hiding! His Father just didn't know where his adult son was....." Gimme a break. The kid's not 6 years old. Everyone in Thailand knew he was being searched for by police FOR DAYS.

I fully agree that Nomsod's suspicious behaviour invited speculation about his whereabouts, and his motives for keeping shtum. What he could also have said is here are my phone records showing who I called and where I was, and here is a list of people I was with who can confirm my alibi. But, no, the media was treated to pictures taken from a CCTV allegedly showing his presence in BKK on the night of the murder. Pictures that could have been genuine or falsified.

The RTP accepted his lawyer's statement and he was off the hook. And that's why the B2 continue to be regarded as the perpetrators. I hope they have a similar alibi.

P.S. there were reports that his Uni classmates and attendance records could confirm his whereabouts, but neither have been produced by him or his lawyer. One of his relatives provided an alibi that she was with him, but she was in Pattaya at the time. But, as he's not on trial, it's a moot point right now.

LINK

Of course it was a media event. By that time rumors had surfaced that he was involved in the murders, spread by people like you using his father position of Head Man of the Village, which you call mafia, as a cover-up. So even though he was cleared by the Police by then, as he had a solid clad Alibi, he wanted everyone to know he was innocent and willing to take a DNA Test, which he did and it proved Negative.

"Any Fool knew the outcome (his DNA Test) before it was announced.", you say? Until I showed you yesterday, you didn't even know he had a DNA Test done. Do you want me to go back to you past posts and prove that to you? So what does that make you then? Especially when you say you knew the outcome of this DNA Test even when you did know the test was done until several months later.

The only ones who knew the outcome of his DNA Test was him, and his family, because they knew he was innocent. Nomsod (his Nickname) did speak out and say all the things you said he didn't say. And for the Umpteenth time, he wasn't hiding. He was in Bangkok attending University. They have Time Caption CCTV Footage of him at his residence on September 14, and 15th. The date before and day of the rape and murders. They also have documented proof that early on the 15th he wrote an exam at the University. This is why the Police cleared him of any wrong doing without a DNA Sample yet..

<snip>

LINK

I fully agree that Nomsod's suspicious behaviour invited speculation about his whereabouts, and his motives for keeping shtum. What he could also have said is here are my phone records showing who I called and where I was, and here is a list of people I was with who can confirm my alibi. But, no, the media was treated to pictures taken from a CCTV allegedly showing his presence in BKK on the night of the murder. Pictures that could have been genuine or falsified.

The RTP accepted his lawyer's statement and he was off the hook. And that's why the B2 continue to be regarded as the perpetrators. I hope they have a similar alibi.

P.S. there were reports that his Uni classmates and attendance records could confirm his whereabouts, but neither have been produced by him or his lawyer. One of his relatives provided an alibi that she was with him, but she was in Pattaya at the time. But, as he's not on trial, it's a moot point right now.

PBS did a full hour show on the video. With actual experts. The video covered the time of the murders until he departed for the test.

The university confirmed his presence in class for the test.

Why keep trotting out lies and conspiracy theories that have been debunked.

Trial is about to start and hopefully there will be strong media coverage.

Justice may be done if there is a strong light shining on the event. I'm not too hopeful but it is all there is now.

and then maybe AleG can put his pitbull Goldbuggy back on his leash.

A couple of posts have been edited or removed as they contain links to the Bangkok Post.

From the Forum Rules:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Trial is about to start and hopefully there will be strong media coverage.

Justice may be done if there is a strong light shining on the event. I'm not too hopeful but it is all there is now.

and then maybe AleG can put his pitbull Goldbuggy back on his leash.

I never attacked anyone. I just defended myself most time with Links to media coverage to prove I was getting this information from a credible source and not like most of these guys, by pulling it out of there........A....head.

Yes! Let's see what this Rape & Murder Trial unfolds. You can bet you bottom dollar there will be huge media coverage. Contrary to what others belief I do hope they are able to get a fair trial.

jdinasia post 292. PBS did a full hour show on the video. With actual experts. The video covered the time of the murders until he departed for the test.

Well, to start with, he's not in the dock, so whether this holds water or not, it's not possible for lawyers to substantiate it. As I didn't see any video broadcast, I cannot comment on the content, as I cannot comment on whether the university confirmed his presence or not. I would suggest no-one on here could validate it, either.

I also haven't heard dozens of his classmates rushing to confirm his presence at the test, either, or anyone (apart from one false alibi that was exposed) in BKK who could support his assertions. As I stated above, his behaviour was suspicious, and he had easier ways to prove where he was.

However, if he was in the dock, I'd be open-minded enough to see if the defence could validate his whereabouts. I've no problem with that, in principle. But I do find a few posters, yourself included, who are not open-minded enough to give the same consideration to the B2.

I have no idea whether those on trial are guilty or not. But every time Andy Hall writes about visiting the 2 held in custody and looking into their seemingly innocent looking faces, I think to myself that the conversation in Burmese could be:

Here comes that Andy guy again. Time to put on our seemingly innocent looking faces for him

jdinasia post 292. PBS did a full hour show on the video. With actual experts. The video covered the time of the murders until he departed for the test.

Well, to start with, he's not in the dock, so whether this holds water or not, it's not possible for lawyers to substantiate it. As I didn't see any video broadcast, I cannot comment on the content, as I cannot comment on whether the university confirmed his presence or not. I would suggest no-one on here could do so either.

I also haven't heard dozens of his classmates rushing to confirm his presence at the test, either, or anyone (apart from one false alibi that was exposed) in BKK who could support his assertions. As I stated above, his behaviour was suspicious, and he had easier ways to prove where he was.

However, if he was in the dock, I'd be open-minded enough to see if the defence could validate his whereabouts. I've no problem with that, in principle. But I do find a few posters, yourself included, who are not open-minded enough to give the same consideration to the B2.

You don't get to put people in the dock based on Internet conspiracy theories.

I'll certainly give the 2 Burmese defendants the opportunity to be heard.

BTW - the link to the full PBS video has been in these threads. You commented.

The reports from the University have been in the threads as well

I have no idea whether those on trial are guilty or not. But every time Andy Hall writes about visiting the 2 held in custody and looking into their seemingly innocent looking faces, I think to myself that the conversation in Burmese could be:

Here comes that Andy guy again. Time to put on our seemingly innocent looking faces for him

Yeah, they're great actors. Put on a splendid re-enactment, pretending they didn't know what happened.

But here's another conspiracy theory. No doubt their feet have grown several centimetres to match the footprints discovered at the murder scene, or did they fly in and out like superman? Strange there hasn't been any RTP reports to confirm that.

Well, to start with, he's not in the dock, so whether this holds water or not, it's not possible for lawyers to substantiate it. As I didn't see any video broadcast, I cannot comment on the content, as I cannot comment on whether the university confirmed his presence or not. I would suggest no-one on here could do so either.

I've only commented on the reenactment video. Or do you mean the CCTV stills? And I don't think I would have added anything material because I'm no technical expert (or amateur). I've never seen an hour long video on PBS, and never read any of their articles, either - sorry, you've mixed me up with another poster.

I've only commented on the reenactment video. Or do you mean the CCTV stills? And I don't think I would have added anything material because I'm no technical expert (or amateur). I've never seen an hour long video on PBS, and never read any of their articles, either - sorry, you've mixed me up with another poster.

Not CCTV stills. PBS did the whole video from the time of the murders until he departed for the test.

Archived