Police investigating 5 men for eating cat meat in Isaan

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" but does stipulate in vague terms that only animals which are “raised to be eaten” can be slaughtered for that purpose."

well this law could open a whole can of worms.... or a bucket of frogs.... or snakes, or rats, or ..just about anything else which is not protected by a big fence.

Luckily the Grasshopper Farms of Lower Isaan are fully regulated and inspected for the latest hygiene standards, so they do not need to worry.

Paws for thought. It only came to light when the accused were spotted licking their own backsides and purring with pleasure.gigglem.gif

Code, name , meow, orders came from the top cat in Issan ,

sponsored by kit kat .. a good earner for the bib.wai2.gif

Police said an animal rights group, called Watch Dog Thailand (WDT), filed a complaint accusing the five men of violating the animal cruelty law, which was passed last year and is the first legislation of its kind in Thailand.

The law does not explicitly ban eating cats, but does stipulate in vague terms that only animals which are “raised to be eaten” can be slaughtered for that purpose. Violating the law carries up to two years in prison.

I would be be grateful for a link to this animal cruelty law, which I know exists, and if possible also an English translation of it.

(I understand that the same law makes it a criminal offence to kick a rabid soy dog that tries to bite you)

I live in a provincial city in North Vietnam. If they locked up those who ate cat or dog there would be on one left walking the streets. The practice is a hangover from the days when millions died from starvation because of conflicts with the Japanese, French and Americans. Where I live there is a smattering of dog and cat restaurants around the city. I don't eat either but I have tasted both out of curiosity. Both taste OK. Dog meat is accompanied with foul smelling fermented shrimp paste. The worst part of it is that the baddies drive the streets at night and taser dogs which are left free to roam or are accessible through house fences and gates. They then sell them to the restaurants. I have to keep my two dogs locked up behind the house during the night. Rough justice including being bashed to death can be dished out by the locals to those caught stealing their dogs.

http://vietnamnews.vn/society/256269/dog-thieves-turn-themselves-in-to-cu-chi-police-after-killing-3.html

One of the three in this photo was sentence to death for killing their pursuers. The others got 18 years in some hell-hole jail.

Police said an animal rights group, called Watch Dog Thailand (WDT), filed a complaint accusing the five men of violating the animal cruelty law, which was passed last year and is the first legislation of its kind in Thailand.

The law does not explicitly ban eating cats, but does stipulate in vague terms that only animals which are “raised to be eaten” can be slaughtered for that purpose. Violating the law carries up to two years in prison.

I would be be grateful for a link to this animal cruelty law, which I know exists, and if possible also an English translation of it.

(I understand that the same law makes it a criminal offence to kick a rabid soy dog that tries to bite you)

For an admin member................You are asking a lot. IMO whistling.gif

It's unbelievable that they spend time to waste time to write about people who eat cats, just because they made a new law a year ago.

A long time ago, I loved to eat some of these fried squid at the market. But when I only look at the squid now, it's obvious that there's something wrong with it.

My wife told me that they're using Formalin and after some "research", I really believe her. How much Formalin do we eat per day?

I'd rather like to eat cats, than Formalin in any form.

"They said foods that were found to be contaminated included squid, shrimp, chopped ginger, chopped finger root, straw mushrooms, grey oyster mushrooms, black mushrooms, long beans and oak-leaf ferns.".......

"Formalin was prohibited from use on food. Its use posed dangers to both consumers and vendors because the substance was lethal and carcinogenic."...........

​ The substance was lethal and still is...facepalm.gif

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/health-ministry-warns-increasing-use-formalin-vendors-fresh-markets

Edited by lostinisaan

It's unbelievable that they spend time to waste time to write about people who eat cats, just because they made a new law a year ago.

A long time ago, I loved to eat some of these fried squid at the market. But when I only look at the squid now, it's obvious that there's something wrong with it.

My wife told me that they're using Formalin and after some "research", I really believe her. How much Formalin do we eat per day?

I'd rather like to eat cats, than Formalin in any form.

"They said foods that were found to be contaminated included squid, shrimp, chopped ginger, chopped finger root, straw mushrooms, grey oyster mushrooms, black mushrooms, long beans and oak-leaf ferns.".......

"Formalin was prohibited from use on food. Its use posed dangers to both consumers and vendors because the substance was lethal and carcinogenic."...........

​ The substance was lethal and still is...facepalm.gif

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/health-ministry-warns-increasing-use-formalin-vendors-fresh-markets

I found it in sea food in Cambodia, I have no doubt they also use it here. Some people will do anything to make money,

disgusting.

I have also been told they are putting growth hormones in milk here, so the children will grow larger.

When I lived in Cambodia it was common for men (2) to ride around on motor bikes at night putting a rope around a dogs neck and dragging it off screaming as they went down the road.

Back in 1991 on my 1st visit to Isaan some place near Korat there was a pick up full of dogs. They had stacks of plastic buckets on the roof of the pick up and they would give one bucket to the farmer for each dog. These dogs would be put into bags and beaten to death with a stick, they said it would soften the dog meat. The Thai's say that this meat is sent to Laos, Cambodia etc but in fact a lot of dog meat is eaten in Isaan.

Very sad but true, Dog is eaten in all Asian country's that I have been to. In Indonesia they eat Monkey brains that is another story.

I live in a provincial city in North Vietnam. If they locked up those who ate cat or dog there would be on one left walking the streets. The practice is a hangover from the days when millions died from starvation because of conflicts with the Japanese, French and Americans. Where I live there is a smattering of dog and cat restaurants around the city. I don't eat either but I have tasted both out of curiosity. Both taste OK. Dog meat is accompanied with foul smelling fermented shrimp paste. The worst part of it is that the baddies drive the streets at night and taser dogs which are left free to roam or are accessible through house fences and gates. They then sell them to the restaurants. I have to keep my two dogs locked up behind the house during the night. Rough justice including being bashed to death can be dished out by the locals to those caught stealing their dogs.

http://vietnamnews.vn/society/256269/dog-thieves-turn-themselves-in-to-cu-chi-police-after-killing-3.html

One of the three in this photo was sentence to death for killing their pursuers. The others got 18 years in some hell-hole jail.

Just looking at some "more civilized" countries in Europe these days. A friend lives near a Chinese Restaurant, ( they also offer Thai, Korean, Sri Lankan, Indian, Laotian, Cambodian, Vietnamese and others..) and he was suspicious when he saw some cadaver of cats and dogs, when he emptied his trash.

The restaurant had been selling dog and cat meat for more than a decade and I'm just glad that I don't always know what's in my food.

this leftist shit came to Thailand already?!

how can they prove for which purpose I am growing my cat? may from the first day I was planning to eat it on Christmas!

We have plenty of big fat cats in the village of my wife.

We feed them with Supersomtham and sell them deep frozen to foreigners in lower northeast as turkeys. That's how I got my money to have two Pussy Nois.

Editing a post in Police investigating 5 men for eating cat meat in Isaan sounds quite boring....

Here're more interesting and brand new news:

Bicycle in Beijing/ China fell on Pussy and almost squeezed her out. Police is investigating if the owner of the bicycle wore a condom.

Source: www.bicycleonpussybejinmgnewscom

Edited by lostinisaan

In Isaan eating cat and dog meat is nothing new.......why all the fuss ? As long as don't serve this to me all is ok...?????

Sakon Nakhon ,

Ten years back, had dead dogs , hanging on the hook in the markets .

Still available , under the shelf.

Black dog , was a delicacy . woof woof .kaap .wai2.gif

In Isaan eating cat and dog meat is nothing new.......why all the fuss ? As long as don't serve this to me all is ok...?????

Sakon Nakhon ,

Ten years back, had dead dogs , hanging on the hook in the markets .

Still available , under the shelf.

Black dog , was a delicacy . woof woof .kaap .wai2.gif

Please try to find a Soi dog in Nakhon Phanom and post a photo here. thumbsup.gif

There are a lot of pussy eaters in Thailand.coffee1.gif

Visa requirements , should be raised ASAP, do away with the tom cat cheap Charlie chancers on the chase .

The Kingdom , deserves the right class , a better quality of the pussy eater .

Personally, I prefer cow man ghi, pek nit noi , each to their own .wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

Who cares? We are omnivores on top of the food chain. As long as the cat was slaughtered properly I do not see any moral or ethic issue.

Don't agree with it from a culinary point though.

There is the old story of a guy enjoing a rabbit dish in France, who ask the daughter of the restaurant owner if the rabbit was locally farmed. The kid answers: no, mom killed it when it attacked our Canary bird....

Edited by StefanBBK