Finding used/distressed wood or steel flooring

bamboozled

I would like to cover a 3 x 3 meter floor with some type of wood flooring. I was hoping to do something a little funky looking and had in mind some old painted/distressed floorboards or....? Or perhaps some kind of steel/aluminum sheets or tiles or...? I have looked around at Suksawad and their flooring on offer is a possibility but it is not particularly "funky" looking.

And of course I don't want to spend a fortune, indeed, far less than a fortune.

Anybody know where I might poke around?

Thank you.

On the 121 opposite and around koolpuntville 15 there are several places, you can even buy an old oxcart, expect to pay around around 150 -300 per metre /100 mm wide planks.

Had to google "koolpuntville 15" even though we live in the area. The price is good to know, because buying used wood, doors, windows, etc can be tricky. If you find sappersrest's place and then head from there on the 3rd ring road towards the 107 Mae Rim Road, you will pass 2, 3, maybe 4 places selling old wood, including a place just before you reach 107. If you have the time, you could spend a couple of hours looking through these places.

Fantastic, thanks guys. I'm excited to take a look around. Sappersrest, that price translates into 150-300 for a square meter, yes? Just for info purposes in case anyone else is interested, if my memory serves me correctly, the per square meter price for parquet type flooring at Suksawad was 450-600 baht.

Hmm, now you have me dreaming about where I can put an ox cart.

• 5 months later...

Start on hiway 121 at hiway 1317 and go north. Keep eyes open for large sheds and mountains of stuff piled outside and along the shed. Look esp on the west side of the road. Don't be in a big hurry. I found a fantastic 'second hand heaven' along 121 last week.

Archived