Divorce and dividing assets

dp4868

I am legally divorced with no financial obligations to my ex wife. I am moving out of our rented house and want to take most of the furniture and fittings (which I bought). Is there anyway my ex can claim 50% of everything now after the divorce.

I just want to check the legal possition now before I start moving things out and WW3 starts

Is the foreigner husband married to a Thai legally allowed to remove his personal belongings and items which he paid for from the home he is living in after the divorce?

This is a commonly asked question resulting from the often unclear final judgement of divorces in Thailand not overseen by long established firms like One Stop Legal Service.

The short answers are:

1) If the lease is only in your name then for sure you can remove everything that is yours and for which you paid.

2) If the lease is in both names, then send her an SMS or email informing her of your intention to remove property you believe belongs solely to you and give her three days notice. If she gives a positive reply or no reply then proceed. Save that written communication for several months.

3) If, on the other hand, she is upset with you and uncooperative, then go to the local police box or station and inform the police to make a report that you appeared there to inform them that you will remove items of personal property that belong to you. Ask for a copy of the police report and make sure it has a red stamp on it. Save that report for your records.

At One Stop Legal Service in Pattaya we offer free consultations about getting property back from Thai lovers and wives and are divorce experts helping foreigners anywhere in Thailand.

Contact us here

post-190841-0-23488800-1436174362_thumb.