Bangkok cop drunk 'nid noi' on duty (VIDEO)

webfact

Bangkok cop drunk 'nid noi' on duty (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSC1L0mf47A

BANGKOK: -- A video capturing a Bangkok cop admitting he was drunk on duty and confusing his walkie-talkie for a camera circulated online yesterday.

It wasn’t clear what led to the encounter, but the moment of drunken candor was said to take place on the Ramintra Expressway.

This is prety much how the conversation goes:

Motorist: "You're a police officer. You're on duty! Are you drunk?"

Cop: "Mao nid noi!"

Motorist: "Drunk on duty? Oh, the cars are totally gonna run over you to death!"

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/06/bangkok-cop-drunk-nid-noi-duty-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-06

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On perhaps the only positive note, he's probably too drunk to be able to accurately aim in order to shoot and murder someone at distance with his weapon.

Edited by xisa

Maybe he wants to be put in an inactive post? Salary and no work sounds like a good motivation to me for doing something so stupid as to allow it to be filmed.

Didn't you know? Getting pissed makes you do stupid things!

You guys don't understand this - in Thailand, a little bit of Nid Noi in any situation or act is totally ok - nid noi corruptcheeeaan, chaow shoo nid noi, mao nid noi, sapeek unglitt nid noi... etc. thumbsup.gif

I however think that cop will not get a promotion some time soon, even if he has the nid noi sum of 1.5m THB to pay his superior...

'Drunk' Traffic Cop Surrenders to Police [+video]
By Khaosod English

co.jpg
Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Chakkrawan Wongchai (center) surrendered to police on 6 July 2015.

BANGKOK — Thai police are investigating a traffic cop who was filmed admitting that he was "a little bit drunk" while manning a road checkpoint in Bangkok last week.

The video, filmed on a phone and posted on social media over the weekend, shows the officer speaking incoherently to a motorist who he waved down at the checkpoint, prompting the driver to ask if he was drunk.

The following is an excerpt from their conversation:

Officer: I am drunk, but I don't drive!

Motorist: But you are a cop. You are on duty.

Officer: I know.

Motorist: So you're really drunk?

Officer: Well, a little bit drunk.

The officer then scolds the driver for recording the encounter, and challenges him to "go ahead and share it" on social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJCC7y6h-1Y

The original version of the video was later deleted, but not before it was widely shared on social media.

Several hours after Thailand’s police chief announced that officers were investigating the incident this morning, Pol.Sen.Sgt.Maj. Chakkrawan Wongchai identified himself as the traffic cop in the video.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1436176405

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-06

You guys don't understand this - in Thailand, a little bit of Nid Noi in any situation or act is totally ok - nid noi corruptcheeeaan, chaow shoo nid noi, mao nid noi, sapeek unglitt nid noi... etc. thumbsup.gif

I however think that cop will not get a promotion some time soon, even if he has the nid noi sum of 1.5m THB to pay his superior...

bird brain day.

not too many on TV ever show up with empathy.

Less of you, less reason to drink.

the heartless and mindless wonders. none of you people had mothers. rhetorical. your comments speak for themselves.

He added, "Recording videos is not illegal, as long as it doesn't damage other people or spread false information."

Speaking to reporters this morning, police chief Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang noted that "this is not the first time" citizens have published videos of policemen behaving inappropriately.

"If this is indeed a wrongdoing, we will punish him without giving him any exception, because it is very inappropriate," Pol.Gen. Somyot said.

For who, the policeman or the motorist??

At least the Osssifer concerned has come forward this morning, they can now breath test him, if he fails, we all know the punishment, 20 minutes on the naughty stool.

If he passes, his mates can then arrest the driver for damage to other people and spreading false information. Off to military court and offt with his head!

Leave them alone.

I am sick of the high so so

Critisizing the police .

They want the best service , but they don't want to pay taxes to get the best services.

From what I have seen many of the police and their families are very poor. Risking their lives everyday to protect the rich.

What a joke.

Well done Mr plod. Please keep smiling.

Go to any of the many cop bars. Cops drinking in uniform, as well as plain clothed, before, while and after dutyburp.gifdrunk.gif, but no lock.gif

Well, here in the South, the police take off their uniform shirts and drink in their white undershirts; of course, the undershirts are pulled outside their trousers to cover their sidearms. Seems rather well organized to me.