Rain

happynthailand

Raining dogs and cats now in Sisaket. Hope that goes on all night.

But hopefully not 24/7 for weeks, we're in an area not too far away from Mae Mun....

Frogs jump around, sadly one right in front of my tire when i drove in. Now he's dead, Jim. Croak was his last word...

Spent all morning and most of the afternoon yesterday running around with hoses and sprinklers for the garden, here in Lower Sisaket province. Probably 20-30 cu meters (at 4 baht a cu.m of village water, so cost is no problem) distributed to get the hard-baked soil softened up. I've been in the UK a few weeks and the BIL does only half a job when I'm not around!

So of course .... it rained like buggery all late afternoon and evening. Citizens of Lower Sisaket can thank me for the rain then! (the car wash effect)

I'm amazed that the water table around here is still hanging on to deliver uninterrupted water to my well and the village well. We have been typical of the rest of Lower Isaan for the last couple of months - one short 10-20 minute rain session every 10 days. I've thought about putting some water capture facilities in for next year's shoulder rainy season, but it still doesn't add up economically in the absence of cheap and non-failing village water.

Only a few drops today in Sisaket and Udumphpon Phisai area.

Am I really getting very sick, or is it possible that the change from hot to rainy and colder affects people in a strange way?

I really felt like I walked right next to me at school all day long. Is anybody experiencing similar symptoms, or did I catch a flu, or something similar?

Thanks a lot for any honest answers. Cheers.-wai2.gif

Glory be - it's rainy season!

Yes & in a few weeks we will all be complaining about the floods..........Human nature I guess.coffee1.gif

Just got a few spots in Korat city @ 7AM

Archived