non O visa confusion

Hi,

My Ed visa is ending on 8 july, on 24 july I become 50 year, the 800 k is not ready yet. 3 weeks ago I went to immigration and ask how to fill up the gap ? The officer told me I can come to the im office to get a 30 day tourist extension , I don't need to go out the country. I asked again at a falang IM help there and he confirmed.

Today they stamp my passport 30 day extension, the called me back and put a red 'cancelled' on it. They said you come from ED, can not ! have to go out !

Another farang IM help recommend me to go out to Penang or Vientiane tp go for a single O visa. I said I am not 50 yet , and i don't have 800 k on the bank now or a thai wife. He said no problem, show the lease of your house, show your bankbook that you have some money .. this will do.

I checked up some info about O visa, but I can not find that this would work.

so before I get in trouble again.. anyone can confirm or suggest what to do ?

Thanks

Chris

You can leave the country and come back the same day on a visa exempt entry, giving you 30 days which can even be extended by another 30 days.

When you turn 50, you can leave the country and apply for a non-O visa without a problem in Laos or Penang.

You can leave the country and come back the same day on a visa exempt entry, giving you 30 days which can even be extended by another 30 days.

When you turn 50, you can leave the country and apply for a non-O visa without a problem in Laos or Penang.

"You can leave the country and come back the same day on a visa exempt entry, giving you 30 days ..."

Assuming he flies in or if he crosses a land border with a G7 passport. Didn't notice that he mentioned his nationality.

• Like 1

Vientiane is the destination of choice in PDR Laos for applicants seeking non-O visas on the grounds of being over 50.

I am from Belgium, so my country is ok I think

the question was will I get an O visa in preparation to retirement if i am 2 weeks before my 50 birthday , and dont have 800 k in the bank yet ? but can show 200 k and a house lease .. ?

I am from Belgium, so my country is ok I think

Belgium citizens receive 15 days stay at a land border, not 30.

the question was will I get an O visa in preparation to retirement if i am 2 weeks before my 50 birthday , and dont have 800 k in the bank yet ? but can show 200 k and a house lease .. ?

You need to be 50 or older on the day of application. You also need to meet the financial requirements. Edited by paz

yes I thought so, so why immigration give me the wrong information again ??

Immigration has nothing to do with obtaining visa at consulates. Check with the consulate to be sure.

You will not get a non-O visa till you are 50.

But to bridge till you turn 50 you can leave and re-enter Thailand on a visa exempt entry an get 15 days by land or 30 days by air. You can extend the entry by 30 days. Next you can apply for a conversion to a non-O visa in Thailand or apply fro a non-O visa abroad.