Quickest way to re-new a Thai passport in Thailand

My wife, daughter and I need to travel to Japan but their Thai passports only have 4 months validity left on them

they have 5 yrs each valid on their British passports

AirAsia say they cant leave and re-enter Thailand without 6 months validity on their Thai passports even if they enter Japan on their British ones

therefore unless we re-new their passports quickly they cant travel, due to my daughter not being on a house book yet and being told by the nasty chap at Sattahip district office that it will take 3 weeks to put her on one we are a bit screwed.

so we are wondering if , once ( if ) this is done, is it possible to get a fastrack passport in Bangkok for the same/next day after applying if we have almost run out of time. we all fly on the 23rd July!

HELP pleasesmile.png

Air Asia are wrong...

My Wife Son and I travelled to Japan in March... My Wife's passport expired in April. An oversight which we only noticed at the airport. We had to sign a Thai Airways affidavit to clear Thai Air of any responsibility in return costs should Japanese Immigration reject my Wife from entry.

Either the Japanese Immigration didn't notice the Passport Expiry or didn't care - we entered Japan without issue.

OP: Your Wife and Child can Enter Japan on their British Passports.

The Real Question is IF the Thai Authorities will permit exit of a Thai national when their passport expires within 6 months. My Wife was not stopped (on her last two exits with less than 6 months in her passport).

When Your Wife and Child re-enter Thailand, it wouldn't even matter if their Thai Passports had expired... as Thai Citizens they are free to enter on an expired Thai Passport.... thus 4 remaining months is a non issue.

Thai Passport Renewal: It took my Wife 3 days to renew her Passport (after we returned from Japan).

Edited by richard_smith237

thanks for your help everyone, if we dont have a chance of getting their passports back in time we will try the above.

check in with airasia with their Thai passports, pass through immigration with their Thai ones, enter and leave

Japan on their British ones, come back into Thailand with their Thai ones ( with 3 months validity on )

Renewing a Thai passport in Thailand is a piece of cake.

Can be done down the local passport office.

Done while you wait.

Rules have changed and now all applications are sent to Bangkok. We are in Phitsanulok and had to wait a few days to collect but very easy (in Thai terms anyway).

Certainly in BKK, same day turn around 3000 baht. (Only for applications in he morning)

2 day - 2000 baht

3 days - 1000 baht

Paying a price for queue jumping.

Done while you wait.

What are you writing about?

Not by chance mixing with getting an ID card?

Definitely no "done while you wait" at the local offices!

7 day delivery by snail mail is the norm.

Data sent electronically to Bangkok, passport sent from there.

Passports are produced in Bangkok only.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Certainly in BKK, same day turn around 3000 baht. (Only for applications in he morning)

2 day - 2000 baht

3 days - 1000 baht

Paying a price for queue jumping.

Done while you wait.

What are you writing about?

Not by chance mixing with getting an ID card?

Definitely no "done while you wait" at the local offices!

7 day delivery by snail mail is the norm.

Data sent electronically to Bangkok, passport sent from there.

Passports are produced in Bangkok only.

My mistake. Last time done in Bangkok using the premium same day service.

yes passport office is still open in The Avenue

oh right, I have finally found out that 1 day service is available, thank you

may be rushed trip there if need be just to put my mind at rest.

the village elder wanted NO MONEY for his trip to the blue book place, my wife couldnt believe it, nice chap and it makes a nice change!

the bod at the office said he will try and sort out within a week or two, waiting game now. probably will come 1 day after we need it, usual chaos.

Done while you wait.

A Thai passport can't be renewed while you wait at a local office. My wife renewed her passport while we were in LOS last May at PHS passport office. Applied on a Wednesday and received the new passport the following Monday. There definitely isn't a fast track service.

I did recently read that there is a new same day service at MFA, Bangkok, but that it's strictly limited to personal callers.

Edit: just sighted the correct responses. Apologies.

Edited by wooloomooloo