Don't you think Thailand has too many provinces?

Magic040

Who cares & why do you?

What about the USA & other countries?

Next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less provinces creates more unity, unity makes countries grow faster.

50 for the size of the USA is just right.

Who cares & why do you?

Next

Boll ox

Who cares & why do you?

Next

Boll ox

77 to 32 is my idea...

Thailand%20Provinces_zpsu38vtzpc.png

Why do you care ?

I just want the best for the birth country of my girlfriend.

I think its easier for most non-1st world nations to manage and improve their country if they had less divisions (states, provinces, districts etc.).

Get a hobby

Topography is one of them.

Topography is the study of land elevation. So what does that have to do with the number of provinces?

Edited by BudRight

Get a hobby

Topography is the study of land elevation. So what does that have to do with the number of provinces?

American?

"Topography is a field of geoscience and planetary science comprising the study of surface shape and features of the Earth and other observable astronomical objects including planets, moons, and asteroids. It is also the description of such surface shapes and features (especially their depiction in maps). The topography of an area could also mean the surface shape and features themselves.

In general, topography is concerned with local detail in general, including not only relief but also natural and artificial features, and even local history and culture. This meaning is less common in America, where topographic maps with elevation contours have made "topography" synonymous with relief. The older sense of topography as the study of place still has currency in Europe"

LOL. That's how many states there are. Do you realize how big the state of Texas is? Alaska?

People need smaller local governments to make local decisions regarding sweeping streets, fixing streets, replacing burned out streetlights, managing a police and fire department...

Do know how slow service would be if local people didn't have to answer for it? A central government is always aloof. Can you phone the king leader of your country and get answers? If you have a local mayor you can.

If it's local you can even volunteer to help - be on committees etc.

Aw, just appoint a national dictator and you won't have to get involved at all.

Cheers

77 to 32 is my idea...

Why do you care ?

I think its easier for most non-1st world nations to manage and improve their country if they had less divisions (states, provinces, districts etc.).

guess what?

they know better than an American immigrant ... err... are you even living in Thailand?

77 to 32 is my idea...

Why do you care ?

guess what?

they know better than an American immigrant ... err... are you even living in Thailand?

Not American.

Lived in Thailand for nearly 20 months between early-2012 and mid-2014.

Get a hobby

American?

"Topography is a field of geoscience and planetary science comprising the study of surface shape and features of the Earth and other observable astronomical objects including planets, moons, and asteroids. It is also the description of such surface shapes and features (especially their depiction in maps). The topography of an area could also mean the surface shape and features themselves.

In general, topography is concerned with local detail in general, including not only relief but also natural and artificial features, and even local history and culture. This meaning is less common in America, where topographic maps with elevation contours have made "topography" synonymous with relief. The older sense of topography as the study of place still has currency in Europe"

Provinces are not "features" they're administrative boundaries. For example a feature could be a lighthouse, but it could not be a county or provincial line.

Otherwise there would be no difference between geography, topology and demography.

Not American.

Lived in Thailand for nearly 20 months between early-2012 and mid-2014.

wow! an expert

Wouldn't want to call myself an expert but if you say so, thank you i guess.

well you seem to think 20 months in country is enough to convince you that you can administer thailand better than thais can

Thailand should be a federation of largely autonomous states. Possiblities could be the North and North East as one region (or two seperate), Central Thailand and Southern Thailand could be grouped together as another and Muslim deep South as another.

They would be largely self governing but sharing national defense etc on the federal level wiht free movement of people and trade through the regions.

One can dream :)

Thailand should be a federation of largely autonomous states. Possiblities could be the North and North East as one region (or two seperate), Central Thailand and Southern Thailand could be grouped together as another and Muslim deep South as another.

They would be largely self governing but sharing national defense etc on the federal level wiht free movement of people and trade through the regions.

One can dream smile.png

define etc.

I think the OP needs to look up the difference between topographical maps and political maps.

Strictly for your hobby of course, if your noble intention is to rearrange national boundaries in a country you don't even come from (?) to make life better for your girlfriend.................wink.png

Bridges & caves, bridges & caves.......................rolleyes.gif

Edited by chrisinth

LOL. That's how many states there are. Do you realize how big the state of Texas is? Alaska?

People need smaller local governments to make local decisions regarding sweeping streets, fixing streets, replacing burned out streetlights, managing a police and fire department...

Do know how slow service would be if local people didn't have to answer for it? A central government is always aloof. Can you phone the king leader of your country and get answers? If you have a local mayor you can.

If it's local you can even volunteer to help - be on committees etc.

Aw, just appoint a national dictator and you won't have to get involved at all.

Cheers

Towns have the major....but the many provinces come from a time you needed days to send a message to that area. In times of internet and telephone it isn't necessary anymore

77 to 32 is my idea...

Why do you care ?

Can't wait for post #18. Lets have a few guesses.... Suggestions on how to start a new political party.... Suggestions on how to make English the national language.... Why some farangs should have to take an IQ test before residing in the Kingdom.

Magic, increase your meds dosage.

Yes. USA has 5 times the population and many fewer states. Canada has half Thailand's population but 5 times fewer Provinces.

Well that are new countries, to be fair you must compare it with countries in Europe.