Laos Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Hey everybody.

I am in the process of marrying my Laotian fiance here in Thailand. The next step is to take all of her and my paperwork to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vientiane to get stamped.

Has anyone done this before? I would love to hear what your experience was like. How long did it take? How much did it cost?

Thanks a lot

I believe you are talking about the entire process. I am not talking about that - I know it would take a year and cost that much. That's why we are doing it in Thailand. We already have all the paperwork we need (she has about 5 things from different ministries in Sarawan where she's from) and I have a few things. They just need to be stamped "seen at foreign ministry." I am asking about only this one stamp, not the whole process.

The last stamp usually takes the longest so could be a week, two or more. They will need to give you an interview as well. Hope you have your divorce or non married certs and your criminal or non criminal records to go.

Really can't give a time frame as it's up to the Laos Government officials and how many dollars you have in your pocket. Be prepared for a long wait.