Thai schools told to screen foreign English teachers for paedophilia

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMOP a "Criminal Clearance Certificate" is a great way to keep the filthy Ped's out of Thailand for sure but.........

If you have been teaching here for a while & do not have one as it was not a requirement before the 6th of July YOU cannot get a NEW Non-B Visa.

Eg. You change schools.

In Ventiane on Monday all people applying for Non-B's to teach that did not have the clearance certificate were turned down, come back when you have one. Which means what as far as your teaching position? They will be entering on a "Tourist Visa" thus possibly working illegally till they get clearance.......If they can get it!!!

So on top of the crackdown by TCT & now this more teachers will be out!!!

I am Australian thus cannot get a "Criminal History Check" outside of the country. In fact one has to apply over the counter at a police station in Australia. Sorry but for my under 30000 Baht income it's just not worth going back for.

Secondly what happens when extending a existing Non-B, will they require clearance there as well???

Every day there's something......I for one am tired of it all

IMOP a "Criminal Clearance Certificate" is a great way to keep the filthy Ped's out of Thailand for sure but.........

If you have been teaching here for a while & do not have one as it was not a requirement before the 6th of July YOU cannot get a NEW Non-B Visa.

Eg. You change schools.

In Ventiane on Monday all people applying for Non-B's to teach that did not have the clearance certificate were turned down, come back when you have one. Which means what as far as your teaching position? They will be entering on a "Tourist Visa" thus possibly working illegally till they get clearance.......If they can get it!!!

So on top of the crackdown by TCT & now this more teachers will be out!!!

I am Australian thus cannot get a "Criminal History Check" outside of the country. In fact one has to apply over the counter at a police station in Australia. Sorry but for my under 30000 Baht income it's just not worth going back for.

Secondly what happens when extending a existing Non-B, will they require clearance there as well???

Every day there's something......I for one am tired of it all

No clearance or no proper visa, tough luck. Better a couple people gone than 1 pedo teaching.

I'm sorry but I really don't think it is unreasonable for Thailand to insist on a criminal record check for people wishing to work as teachers.

It is incumbent upon the home country to come up with a system to provide one.

If you have been living here for a long period, then presumably a Thailand clearance certificate is appropriate.

As an "unqualified teacher" I completely agree with these checks for ALL teachers everywhere. BTW all sexual offenders from the USA who are not currently incarcerated have to register and can be found online easily. Not sure this link is allowed but it is one of many sites you can find sexual offenders on. http://www.nsopw.gov/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1