is it common for a lawyer to demand their female clients to sleep with them in Thailand ?

easybullet3

In my home country, I was a CPA.

The professional body decreed that sex with any client was a big NO NO!

But a CPA is an accountant not a lawyer yes ?

... and whoever said accountants are boring?

Edited by Morakot

^^ True bill!

Just heard on the flagship Today programme, lawyers and accountants have been found complicit in wrecking the economy and causing the finical crisis. Prime Minister just issued a statement: "They --except the nice ones who do all the pro bono and humanitarian work-- are now a legitimate target for ridicule and humours remarks. Satirists and astute commentators are permitted to use their mighty pens against these people, providing they have their texts checked over by a lawyer and duly file their tax returns with an accountant." blink.png

Edited by Morakot

My son is a criminal lawyer working for a law firm in Bangkok, meaning he’s not literally a lawyer who is a criminal, but a lawyer who works on criminal cases, and being still a novice to the game, he works on low profile cases such as petty theft, assaults and so on.

He told me that the hierarchy of male lawyers working in his office including and especially the boss obtain a lot of perks and power associated with the job. There are many doors open to them that would not be accessible to the average Joe Public. The higher ranking police, the more prominent lawyers, the prosecutors and the judges are all one big happy family and good old pals together. If for example in a high profile criminal case, a desperate defendant who is obviously guilty of a serious crime hires the services of a lawyer, that lawyer behind the scenes is really working in collaboration with the police and the prosecutors and will deliberately manipulate the client into cooperating with the police and the prosecutors in order to help the client get off the hook or a lesser punishment, whether it be pleading guilty in the hope of a lesser sentence, suggested payments to certain parties, and would not be surprised if attractive female clients were given an option of payment in kind in certain circumstances. Obviously this is all going on behind the scenes. My point being that in Thailand, if one commits a serious crime and caught, than they’re pwned by the system, it then becomes a case of getting off as lightly as possible with the lawyer guiding the way more as a negotiator than a defender. Even if a defendant is innocent but still charged with a crime, one way or another the person is going the line the pockets of the lawyers that is the same the world over.

I also know that some female insurance agents, especially within the large well known insurance companies working with deals that provide big commissions, such as block policies on behalf of estate management companies, commercial and industrial policies and so on, will offer sexual favours to secure a policy contract, also some female real estate agents, again when big commissions are involved for the purchasing of upmarket land and real estate will oblige male clients with sexual favours to procure a deal. The same applies with bank staff, companies and other services where high commissions are involved.

In answer to the OP`s questions; yes, this is all going on behind the scenes. It`s an unwritten policy that everyone knows is going on, but prefer to keep all this very, hush, hush.

My son is a criminal lawyer working for a law firm in Bangkok, meaning he’s not literally a lawyer who is a criminal, but a lawyer who works on criminal cases, and being still a novice to the game, he works on low profile cases such as petty theft, assaults and so on.

He told me that the hierarchy of male lawyers working in his office including and especially the boss obtain a lot of perks and power associated with the job. There are many doors open to them that would not be accessible to the average Joe Public. The higher ranking police, the more prominent lawyers, the prosecutors and the judges are all one big happy family and good old pals together. If for example in a high profile criminal case, a desperate defendant who is obviously guilty of a serious crime hires the services of a lawyer, that lawyer behind the scenes is really working in collaboration with the police and the prosecutors and will deliberately manipulate the client into cooperating with the police and the prosecutors in order to help the client get off the hook or a lesser punishment, whether it be pleading guilty in the hope of a lesser sentence, suggested payments to certain parties, and would not be surprised if attractive female clients were given an option of payment in kind in certain circumstances. Obviously this is all going on behind the scenes. My point being that in Thailand, if one commits a serious crime and caught, than they’re pwned by the system, it then becomes a case of getting off as lightly as possible with the lawyer guiding the way more as a negotiator than a defender. Even if a defendant is innocent but still charged with a crime, one way or another the person is going the line the pockets of the lawyers that is the same the world over.

I also know that some female insurance agents, especially within the large well known insurance companies working with deals that provide big commissions, such as block policies on behalf of estate management companies, commercial and industrial policies and so on, will offer sexual favours to secure a policy contract, also some female real estate agents, again when big commissions are involved for the purchasing of upmarket land and real estate will oblige male clients with sexual favours to procure a deal. The same applies with bank staff, companies and other services where high commissions are involved.

In answer to the OP`s questions; yes, this is all going on behind the scenes. It`s an unwritten policy that everyone knows is going on, but prefer to keep all this very, hush, hush.

Yes, we know there are things going on behind the scenes, where powerful people get "perks"...the same the world over. But in reference to the OP, we're talking specifically about female clients being forced to give it up. In that, and all the examples you cited, are you suggesting that the women in all these scenarios are attractive young women that anyone would even want to seduce? Seriously?

Edited by Berkshire

I tried it in Europe but apparently fell short of current ethics etc. whereas in Thailand the world is your oyster, though it pays to be a little discerning in the oyster and choosing the pearls wisely