Police detains Ta-ka-tha student leader

Lite Beer

Police detains Ta-ka-tha student leader

YANGON: -- The police detained Zeyar Lwin, the students’ leader of Ta-ka-tha (university), who was issued a warrant for arrest after the ceremony of commemorating the 53rd anniversary of July 7 on which the government cracked down the students’ union building was held in the compound of Yangon University today.

The students of the Ta-ka-tha gathered at Sanyeiknyein bus top on Pyay Road at about 2.30 pm today and marched toward Yangon University in which Zeyar Lwin, the students’ leader of Ta-ka-tha (university) took part. After the commemorative ceremony, Zeyar Lwin was detained by the police.

“I took Zeyar Lwin in my car after the 7 July ceremony. The two other students were also with us in my car. Two police cars followed us on Inya Road when we left the university compound. We were sandwiched between two police cars. Zeyar Lwin and Paing Phyoe Min were forcibly pulled down from my car by the police and they arrested them in an ordinary car,” Swan Kaung who took the two student activists in his car told The Daily Eleven.

Read More: http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/local/police-detains-ta-ka-tha-student-leader