Towering Media Center Proposed for Russei Keo, Cambodia

geovalin

News by Khmer Times/Ros Chanveasna

• 1436364113-t.jpg

A model of the proposed TV tower and Media Centre, which was unveiled yesterday. KT Photo: Ros Chanveasna

PHNOM PENH (Khmer Times) – A Chinese company has proposed building a hi-tech media center, complete with a 285-meter high TV tower, for the Information Ministry, though financial details of the plan have yet to be sketched out, officials said at a signing ceremony for the project yesterday.

Information Minister Khieu Kanharith said at the signing ceremony of a memorandum of understanding that Powerchina Kunming Engineering Corporation Ltd would conduct more research on the project and then present a master plan for it to the ministry. This plan would include the cost of the project, he said. After that the proposal will be “passed on to the government for approval,” the minister said.

Mr. Kanharith said the media center would facilitate groups of reporters who will arrive here to report on the SEA Games in 2023. The eight-hectare center will be built in the northern outskirts of the city, near the Morodok Techo National Sport Complex in Russei Keo district, the minister said.

read more: http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/13030/towering-media-center-proposed/

The amount of Chinese money flowing into Cambodia and to a greater degree Phnom Penh is mind boggling. I don't use the word 'Colonization' lightly, but that's what it looks like to me.

You can't but think the Chinese have a 'Master Plan' for Cambodia.

The amount of Chinese money flowing into Cambodia and to a greater degree Phnom Penh is mind boggling. I don't use the word 'Colonization' lightly, but that's what it looks like to me.

You can't but think the Chinese have a 'Master Plan' for Cambodia.

True, China counts Cambodia, Pakistan and North Korea as it's main allies. But with the ongoing crash of Chinese stock market, there will be a lot less Yuan to throw around in Cambodia or anywhere else. Many of these projects will be delayed if not cancelled over the coming year. I have read about this in other places and the Chinese are using Cambodia to counter Vietnam/Philippines and others in ASEAN. China throws investment dollars to Cambodia, Cambodia backs China policies in ASEAN. This way, ASEAN is never united against China.