Question for users of Android TV boxes like Minix, Matricom etc.

bobbin

Are all android box able to mirror from the laptop via an app that is install on both devices? Any recommendation of app that is fast and most stable?

What do you mean exactly by "able to mirror from the laptop"?

I have both android and windows versions of Minx boxes. Actually box is inaccurate description as the are full up computers. 5000 baht is cheap for a computer anywhere you look.

WRONG. Sharing media by downloading it rather pirated or original copies has been in courts of law proven to be illegal all over the world. Unless the company such as HULU or HBO (just a couple examples) has bought the writes from owners (ex Sony, MGM, etc) to show the media then it is illegal . No questions asked. Even the so called "legit" services mentioned here such as Thai expat or 365 sport are pirated streams from the internet. Do you really think that these media corporations would allow a small mom and pops business from china or taiwan to stream their media to the masses?

I guess I should look for a quality box. Are all android box able to mirror from the laptop via an app that is install on both devices? Any recommendation of app that is fast and most stable?

I did try downloading TVMC for PC to play with, there is a learning curve but you can find most answers online as the community is quite big.

You can use team view app on both devices to mirror your computer or laptop

Regards

Scotsman

I guess I should look for a quality box. Are all android box able to mirror from the laptop via an app that is install on both devices? Any recommendation of app that is fast and most stable?

I did try downloading TVMC for PC to play with, there is a learning curve but you can find most answers online as the community is quite big.

You can use team view app on both devices to mirror your computer or laptop

Regards

Scotsman

thank you!

Just to update my experiences so far as a new user...

The problem of internet web pages being larger than my big screen tv... One poster said this could be corrected in settings. Well.. the Minix ships with 2 launchers. Minix Metro and an Android launcher. Here in Thailand the Android launcher is enabled by default and you cannot adjust screen size using it. The option is just not available. If you switch to Minix Metro launcher however, the settings in Display have the ability to correct Overscan (fit to screen), so that is sorted. That's a big deal because trying to use Firefox with some of the screen out of the frame sucked.

Streaming....that's a mixed bag so far. I'm still unimpressed by streaming but I'm starting to get better results. Way too many broken links but there are so many choices. And it is possible to FF/FR streams, so that is useful.

The graphics chip is better than the Apacer media player that died, and better than the built-in player in the tv set. A very nice picture with this box!

Just to update my experiences so far as a new user...

The problem of internet web pages being larger than my big screen tv... One poster said this could be corrected in settings. Well.. the Minix ships with 2 launchers. Minix Metro and an Android launcher. Here in Thailand the Android launcher is enabled by default and you cannot adjust screen size using it. The option is just not available. If you switch to Minix Metro launcher however, the settings in Display have the ability to correct Overscan (fit to screen), so that is sorted. That's a big deal because trying to use Firefox with some of the screen out of the frame sucked.

Streaming....that's a mixed bag so far. I'm still unimpressed by streaming but I'm starting to get better results. Way too many broken links but there are so many choices. And it is possible to FF/FR streams, so that is useful.

The graphics chip is better than the Apacer media player that died, and better than the built-in player in the tv set. A very nice picture with this box!

It's usually your Tv setting you change.

On Samsung ...... MENU ..... PICTURE ...... PICTURE OPTIONS ........ SCREEN FIT.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

It's usually your Tv setting you change.

Exactly.

Or you have an old TV, which doesn't provide the correct parameters via HDMI handshake.

But this has nothing to do with the launcher.

Use the "SettingsMbox" app to adjust your settings. This app is independent from the used launcher.

I personally use Nova launcher on my Minix and the picture is perfect (also with every other launcher).