Subscribe to Thaivisa news letter

Anthony5

Since the thread about the "like us on facebook" has conveniently closed, there is no other way as to open a new similar thread.

This one called " Subscribe to Thaivisa newsletter" and which has a similar behavior with full page pop ups.

Before anyone post the suggestion that I should click the [X], I have done that already 4 times in the past 30 minutes, and the pop up keeps returning.

I have cookies and 3rd party cookies enabled.

I don't usually come to this forum, but came to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

I'm logged in, and I'm getting it often enough to have made me come to this forum, but came to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

That pop up usually only occurs when you are not logged in.

It's a different style pop up from the one that normally occurs when you're not logged in. This one is similar to the FB like one, a semi transparent full page pop up.

Just use the "X" button or the "No thanks" button and you will never see this specific FB unit again.

That is a quote from George about the Facebook popup.

Good that the popups are working, but I have tried clicking on 'no thanks' and on the 'X' now many times, and they keep coming back, over and over again.

So apparently you mean: 'we need more traffic, and tough shit on the complainers'. Your prerogative, but please tell the truth.

I wasn't logged in, saw the offending pop-up, closed it with the "X", refreshed the page (still not logged in) and I didn't see it after the refresh. Now I've logged in and I'm still not seeing it. So it appears that, for me at least, clicking the X does indeed get rid of it for good.

Incidentally, those pop-ups are provided by this service: http://www.addthis.com/website-tools/overview.

This is nuts. Logged in and keep getting it over and over again. Click on the pop-up and get re-directed to some marketing page.

If I was ever going to subscribe to your newsletter I certainly won't be doing so now.

Whoever thought up this latest marketing stunt deserves to be fired.

I've been getting it too many times now and I am bored with it so I'll stop browsing now but will return to TV in a few days and see if it has gone.

Come on guys and gals we all make mistakes but please disable this very irritating pop up.

Those who keep getting the interstitial page (apparently it is not a pop-up) despite having the acceptance of cookies and third-party cookies enabled should check another browser setting called something like "delete cookies when browser is closed" and/or "delete cookies when website is left". If you have difficulties finding these browser settings, please indicate the name of the browser and version number and somebody may be able to guide you.

Those who keep getting the interstitial page (apparently it is not a pop-up) despite having the acceptance of cookies and third-party cookies enabled should check another browser setting called something like "delete cookies when browser is closed" and/or "delete cookies when website is left". If you have difficulties finding these browser settings, please indicate the name of the browser and version number and somebody may be able to guide you.

Why make us do all the work?

Why not just remove the offending item and keep all of your visitors happy?

• 2 weeks later...

Why make us do all the work?

Why not just remove the offending item and keep all of your visitors happy?

Well <deleted> me sideways. Just logged on, Clicked on an interesting looking thread and what happened? The <deleted> pop-up appeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you guys get it?

We don't want this crap.

You exist because of your visitors without us you are nothing. That is a plain statement of fact, I've been reading your threads and making the occasional comment for many years but if this persists I'm gone and I suspect that many others who are less vocal will go as well or have already gone.

I'm only one voice that you will probably ignore and quietly sneer at but that will be your downfall. Please fix this problem or is it too late already? TV used to be top dog but sensible posts have fallen to an all time low whilst back biting and puerile posts are at an all time high. Is this the beginning of the end of TV?

• 2 months later...

How depressing.

That idiotic pop-up is back again.

I was honestly looking at sponsoring the news forum to help promote a new business venture but with that pop-up annoying me (and how many others?) there is no way I am spending my money on this site.