Prince Philip lets fly with F-word during Battle of Britain event

Jonathan Fairfield

I think Prince Philip is the greatest. He was never one to be discrete with his thoughts and words and because he don`t give a rat`s behind what anyone thinks, he`s always got away with it as no one dare answer him back, the man commands respect.

Wonderful, 94 years old and still doing the rounds. Don`t care about his ancestry, for me he is the front person for what being British is all about. I love our British Royal family as much as the Thais love their monarch and can`t help feeling patriotic every time I see them.

The Duke of Edinburgh is someone that has to be admired, long may the Queen and the Prince reign.

One of his first sayings was,,, I think its time we pulled our finger out, and many many more

Over to you PC brigade Get your fingers out 555

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an old tosser, what was he doing at a 'Battle of Britain' event? Neither him nor any other member of his family with all the medals on their chests fought in any wars.

Sorry mate,its you who is the tosser,he did a lot of service

What an old tosser, what was he doing at a 'Battle of Britain' event? Neither him nor any other member of his family with all the medals on their chests

fought in any wars.

Well you're wrong aren't you.

Philip fought in WW2. Andrew in Falklands. Harry in Afghanistan. And Queen Elizabeth (then Princess) was in the RTS like many other British females her age.

There are others as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service_by_the_members_of_the_British_Royal_Family

I know they were there, but did they actually fight? Were they in among the bombs and bullets? If they were and I'm wrong, then I stand to be corrected.

Yes,they did. DID you?

I know they were there, but did they actually fight? Were they in among the bombs and bullets? If they were and I'm wrong, then I stand to be corrected.

You are quite wrong (as though you could care)

Prince Andrew flew a helicopter which was acting as a decoy for Exocet missiles fired by the Argentine Air Force. i.e you hover above the sea in the dark, waiting for someone to fire a 670kg missile at you, so as to protect your ships.

Prince Philip manned defensive weapons on ships at various battles in the Mediterranean - Battle of Sicily, Battle of Cape Matapan, for which he received a medal.

Now do us all a favour and stop trolling.

You are quite wrong (as though you could care)

Prince Andrew flew a helicopter which was acting as a decoy for Exocet missiles fired by the Argentine Air Force. i.e you hover above the sea in the dark, waiting for someone to fire a 670kg missile at you, so as to protect your ships.

Prince Philip manned defensive weapons on ships at various battles in the Mediterranean - Battle of Sicily, Battle of Cape Matapan, for which he received a medal.

Now do us all a favour and stop trolling.

Your right, Andrew was in the thick of it, and so was Harry in Afghanistan. Both did themselves proud.

Edward, he did a great scene in Macbeth, and Charles ? Well he's been hunkering down in the hedge-rows for years I believe.

Didn't know much about Phil the Greek until tonight and did a Wiki on him (but yes he did admiral service for the Commonwealth). After-all he doesn't exactly endear himself. Someone should produce a stand-up comedy stage show of his gaffs, prejudices and outbursts. Billy Connolly ?

What an old tosser, what was he doing at a 'Battle of Britain' event? Neither him nor any other member of his family with all the medals on their chests fought in any wars.

..........What a young tosser :P

He's an ex-Navy <deleted>! Every <deleted>ing sailor knows that you can conjugate the word <deleted> as a noun, verb, adjective, and adverb, and should be used liberally in every <deleted>ing sentence. <deleted>!!! They teach you that in <deleted>ing bootcamp!

Edited by connda

Love Phil the Greek... He says what others wish they could say!

Maybe fueled by some domestic differences between Phil the Greek and Liz the German (Saxe-Coburg and Gotha).

The British Queen is half-Scottish. Her mum was Sottish.

Prince Philip - A member of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Philip was born in Greece into the Greek and Danish royal families, but his family was exiled from Greece when he was an infant. He renounced his Greek and Danish titles when becoming a British citizen and marrying the then Princess Elizabeth.

Not quite right, but you rarely are.

Glad someone pointed out and corrected the ignorance. Thank you.

Prince Philip did his duty in WWII and if he has spoken in the same manner as we do, good for him, Who can blame him when some idiot is disorganized and inconveniencing people, some of whom looked to be rather aged.

Here's a few more of his sometimes amusing Gaffs, but more often than not completely thoughtless !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-quotes-relive-90-133848

Not really. Most them are accurate and not unreasonable.

6 After accepting a conservation award in Thailand in 1991: “Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species.”

He wasn't wrong was he?

7 At a project to protect turtle doves in Anguilla in 1965, he said: “Cats kill far more birds than men. Why don’t you have a slogan: ‘Kill a cat and save a bird?’”

He made a valid point. Domestic cats cause some terrible destruction. That is one of the reasons why cats should not be allowed to roam.

Here's a few more of his sometimes amusing Gaffs, but more often than not completely thoughtless !

6 After accepting a conservation award in Thailand in 1991: “Your country is one of the most notorious centres of trading in endangered species.”

He wasn't wrong was he?

7 At a project to protect turtle doves in Anguilla in 1965, he said: “Cats kill far more birds than men. Why don’t you have a slogan: ‘Kill a cat and save a bird?’”

He made a valid point. Domestic cats cause some terrible destruction. That is one of the reasons why cats should not be allowed to roam.

he didnt say they were inaccurate, he said they were thoughtless

He wasn't wrong was he?

Yes! sometimes he does make a valid point or two,Unfortunately Worldwide Fund for Nature. doesn't cover Pheasant shoots covering 150,000 birds from his party, but basically he uses his position to take antagonistic pot shots at those that are not in a position to answer back,which after 50 years of listening to his mostly sanctimonious comments while he was hypocritically living off the state,and the ordinary people of whom he has so little regard for.

Most of his comments are made for his own amusement,because he is a kept man and doesn't like his very obvious status!

PS Obviously Pheasants do not have the same status for Prince Phillip as Domestic Cats!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/royals-shooting-passion-draws-bad-blood-1315283.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-philip-leaves-hospital--98811

Edited by MAJIC

do you TRY to say ignorant things?

Here we go again Thaivisas most negative poster, but this is the first time I've known him to be nasty.

AYJAYDEE, I am now joining several other posters by putting you on my ignore list, now run along.

Not being British I must say I like and respect practically all the Royal Family members.

In this particular instance - Prince Philip "didn't let fly..." - he used a precise word you and I would use when annoyed.

Royals are people. Hate those who first put them up on a pedestal to kiss their ass then pull them down for "letting fly.. a word or a fart".

As a human being, as a man Prince Philip is much better than most of us here.

Not being British I must say I like and respect practically all the Royal Family members.

In this particular instance - Prince Philip "didn't let fly..." - he used a precise word you and I would use when annoyed.

Royals are people. Hate those who first put them up on a pedestal to kiss their ass then pull them down for "letting fly.. a word or a fart".

If you watch the movie the photogroper was stuffing around fixing everyones clothing as he wished. On being told it took him 15 seconds to take the photo. My guess the photo should have been taken 10 minutes earlier.

He does say his mind, and he is not politically correct and of course I do not agree with everything he says but I prefer what he says to the sayings of his son.,

He wasn't wrong was he?

he didnt say they were inaccurate, he said they were thoughtless

They are truthful and quite accurate. Care to try again?

I think Prince Philip is the greatest. He was never one to be discrete with his thoughts and words and because he don`t give a rat`s behind what anyone thinks, he`s always got away with it as no one dare answer him back, the man commands respect.

Wonderful, 94 years old and still doing the rounds. Don`t care about his ancestry, for me he is the front person for what being British is all about. I love our British Royal family as much as the Thais love their monarch and can`t help feeling patriotic every time I see them.

The Duke of Edinburgh is someone that has to be admired, long may the Queen and the Prince reign.

One of his first sayings was,,, I think its time we pulled our finger out, and many many more

Except the "WE" didn't include him.

If you watch the movie the photogroper was stuffing around fixing everyones clothing as he wished. On being told it took him 15 seconds to take the photo. My guess the photo should have been taken 10 minutes earlier.

He does say his mind, and he is not politically correct and of course I do not agree with everything he says but I prefer what he says to the sayings of his son.,

Agreed. Except what do you have against his son? Anything to do with him being a human being? Or something inherently wrong with him? Just curious...

I quess many people cannot forgive him Diana... Not me... Did he ever let his country down? Betrayed his duty?.. Come on, say it

Where do you get such nonsense from,

If you had cared to check, Prince Philip joined the Royal Navy in 1939 at the age of 18 and served in both the European and Pacific theatres of war.

A similar check on many of his children and Grand Children would reveal that many have served in front line positions in recent conflicts including the Falklands War and Afganistan.

How can such an 'advanced member', offer an opinion on something they obviously have a complete lack of knowledge.

He has probbly put in more hours ( work ) than you will have,in your whole life.

He has probbly put in more hours ( work ) than you will have,in your whole life.

Probably= typo mistake

Not if he lived to 180.

What an old tosser, what was he doing at a 'Battle of Britain' event? Neither him nor any other member of his family with all the medals on their chests

fought in any wars.

Well you're wrong aren't you.

Philip fought in WW2. Andrew in Falklands. Harry in Afghanistan. And Queen Elizabeth (then Princess) was in the RTS like many other British females her age.

There are others as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_service_by_the_members_of_the_British_Royal_Family

Wouldn't give you tuppence for Harry. His stint in Afghanistan involved sitting in the most secure place in the country. We never saw this of course : one day he made a quick trip to a machine gun and sat posing as if he was ready to fire it and it was in every newspaper and news report.

Utter hypocrisy. Not his fault I know but is a pointer to the BS we get fed to maintain the Royal Family (or rather the privileged thousands who benefit from them).