Suspects arrested for murder of former night-cafe boss

Lite Beer

Suspects arrested for murder of former night-cafe boss
THE SUNDAY NATION

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested two suspects allegedly involved in the June 29 murder of former night-entertainment tycoon Somyot Suthangkool, Metropolitan Police Bureau chief Lt-General Sriwara Rangsipramanakul said yesterday.

Witnesses told police that the two suspects, nabbed in Chumphon a few days ago, resembled the gunman and his motorcycle getaway driver whose arrest warrants were issued based on identikit police sketches without knowing their identities, Sriwara said.

He said police would compare their fingerprints and DNA samples to fingerprints and DNA samples taken from the getaway motorcycle found abandoned on Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24/2.

The results should be available in 15 days, and if they match, police would seek arrest warrants naming the suspects, he added.

Sriwara said police were still investigating possible motives for the murder and would |summon previously interviewed witnesses for more information.

Metropolitan Police Bureau deputy chief Maj-General Chanthep Saesawet said investigators would interview the motorcycle's owner in Nonthaburi and investigators would meet to discuss the case's progress tomorrow.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Suspects-arrested-for-murder-of-former-night-cafe--30264271.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-07-12

This is eerily similar to another case. 2 days ago the investigation was 1 week old and 60% complete.

Then they found an abandoned motorcycle.

The leading question in my mind is - Are the suspects Thai?

if the police have the two in custody finger prints and dna samples should be taken the same day and as I have stated before I think the person who owed the most money would be in my opinion the main suspect.