China: Uighurs deported from Thailand wanted to join jihad

Lite Beer

This is very typical of Chinese propaganda. It is just like in the Korean War UN action which China now calls the "American War of Aggression in Korea". Never mind that hordes of Chinese and Soviet-backed troops crossed the 38th parallel and invaded South Korea (which had no tanks or heavy artillery). .

I don't know that much about the Chinese persecution of Uigurs. I do know of reports of Uigurs burning alive some Chinese Han in the same province by using the tyre necklace method. I do know that the Uigurs have periodically gone to other provinces where groups have gone on rampages, murdering civilians. One such event took place at a Chinese train station in which dozens were murdered. I do know that over one hundred of the Uigurs illegally entered Thailand, claimed to be Turkish and wanted to be sent to Turkey. To me it seems the Thais did the sensible thing and sent them back to China.

The train station attack was at Kunming in March 2014.

http://time.com/11687/deadly-terror-attack-in-southwestern-china-blamed-on-separatist-muslim-uighurs/

Also found this video of Uigurs attacking Chinese Han in Xinjiang.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQZVY7wDxYE

I don't know that much about the Chinese persecution of Uigurs. I do know of reports of Uigurs burning alive some Chinese Han in the same province by using the tyre necklace method. I do know that the Uigurs have periodically gone to other provinces where groups have gone on rampages, murdering civilians. One such event took place at a Chinese train station in which dozens were murdered. I do know that over one hundred of the Uigurs illegally entered Thailand, claimed to be Turkish and wanted to be sent to Turkey. To me it seems the Thais did the sensible thing and sent them back to China.

if you don't know that much about it, then try reading up a bit. You might change your mind if you knew how the Uighers have lived in the same region for centuries, long before it became part of China, and even longer before the Han ethnic Chinese came in. And you might learn how the Uighers have been marginalized and understand why some are resisting Chinese control,...

And then you might even understand that these Uighers were most likely exactly what they seem like to the rest of the world outside of the Thai "PM" and the Chinese authorities, namely, refugees fleeing persecution.

More nonsense. I dare say some of them may have wanted to join ISIS. It is probably the dream of all extremist Muslims to join ISIS the Jihadist "Hero's". However the chances of them escaping from Thailand flying to the middle east and then joining ISIS would be slim imo.

Thailand may now see Muslims of the middle east take more of an interest in the southern insurgency

In other news about Thailand's best buddies, the Chinese:

- Tibetan monk Tenzin Delek Rinpoche dies in China prison after 13 years captivity

- China could be heading towards the biggest financial disaster since the 1929 Wall Street crash...

- A U.N. tribunal in The Hague has started hearing a case filed by the Philippines against China's territorial claims.

- China has arrested and detained scores of human rights activists and lawyers.

"The crackdown comes days after China’s parliament passed a sweeping national security law vowing to “defend the people’s democratic dictatorship” and preserve “social tranquility.”

The timing of this announcement is rather suspicious. If these Uighers are really jihadis why wasn't that mentioned when the were repatriated. Also, the repression of Uighers in China is less well known than that of the Tibetans, but the two situations are very similar.

Having said that, Uighers have joined ISIS in the past:

www.uighur.nl/is-this-the-oldest-jihadi-in-isis-elderly-man-flees-china-with-his-family-to-fight-alongside-terror-group-in-syria/

Let,s simplify things. musims should live in muslim countries, and all the real people should do whatever is neccessary to make sure they stay there smile.png

That sounds like a good idea if real people are christian, buddhist, hindu et al. Can athiest's be real people to? I am an athiest and I want the be real too.

wonder how long it will take for ISIS to gather in western china?and russia too.Neither of these countries will tolerant them and will be merciless in their eradication...i cant wait for this to happen.

I have no doubt the uigars are persecuted in western china and did flee to thailand.If they are muslims and are under the chinese spotlight they could very easily solve the problem by quietly going about practicing their religion behind closed doors inside each others houses.This way they can remain true to their beliefs without pissing on everybody else.

Why should they?

They have lived that way of life for centuries. It is the Chinese state that is forcing them to change their way of life.

The Uighur culture is being eradicated by the Chinese state, the people are persecuted for trying to maintain it and are being economically marginalised.

Now if I recall correctly I often read posts complaining that Muslims expect everyone to change to suit their needs. Generally BS but there you go.

Yet here we have a case where an Islamic culture is being destroyed and suddenly it's ok to force change on a way of life centuries old.

Strange days indeed.

Get Real....it seems like your theory is to leave these people to do whatever they want ?? ....IS is a fine example of doing what they want....destroying anything that doesn't fit in with their current way of thinking....beheadings etc, slavery, Rape, Persecution. destruction of Historical structures etc.etc. You only need a few radicals to lead the Sheep.

Most of you people are talking BS and don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Uigurs. I lived in China for more than 7 years and know first hand how problematic the Uigurs can be. They are usually the ones who are robbing and stealing from the tourists there, as I had it happen to me more than once. Of course the Chinese government is biased against them in large groups and make it hard on them when they do get caught for an offense, but I got to say most likely they deserved it from my seeing how they acted while I was living there. I am not trying to be hard on the Uigurs, but sometimes they bring it on themselves by their violent actions that I have seen myself..

Didn't the CIA state a few weeks back they seen no connection of any kind with Thailand Jihadists from the South, having any ties towards IS(IS) and that the Thai Intelligence also stated the very same thing about a week before/after?