Your favourite buildings in Thailand?

fish fingers

This very large temple complex is 50km north of Chiang Mai.

Wat Ban Den -- always changing, always getting bigger and more impressive. It is a place I have to return to 2 or 3 times a year as the photo ops (for me) just get better and better.

attachicon.gifWat Ban Den- TV 3042.jpg

attachicon.gifWat Ban Den TV 3047.jpg

attachicon.gifWat Ban Den TV -6915.jpg

attachicon.gifWat Ban Den-TV 3041.jpg

Great pics mate. I'll have to get back there soon!

I love the Erawan museum in Samut Prakarn. They are extending the BTS out that way so hopefully more people will make the journey in the future. The circular base is a museum and the body of the three-headed elephant is a temple. You walk up a spiral staircase in the leg to get there. I don't much like temples, but this one is very interesting.
erawan-museum-samut-prakan.jpg

My house , this is just the kitchen out the back. But it is home and that is where the heart is. Corny I know but just back from my local pub and my wife thinks that is my home !

By the number of bottles in the pic....looks like this IS the pub!!thumbsup.gif

Thanks Mudcrab , I never thought of that . They were left by the builders of course. Did make me larf , triffic.

On Sukhumvit, just before the canal separating Phra Khanong and On Nut is a row of ancient wooden shophouses, probably among the last few still standing. One contains an equally ancient Chinese herbalist shop....authentic, not a tourist recreation.

For those of you who enjoy the unique experience of exploring Bangkok's Klongs,, you can take a longtail that leaves hourly from the berth behind the Phra Khanong wet market and travel the Phra Khanong canal all the way up to the Sri Nakarin area. It stops at the temple made famous by the "Mae Nak" ghost story, then winds past the back areas of some interesting neighborhoods.

There are a lot of residences along with canal side walkways and it is interesting to get off the boat and walk along them. If you ask, the boatman will look for you on his return and pick you up. You will see close-up how beautiful and unique these canal communities are with little stores and noodle shops and homes decorated beautifully with flowers and plants.

All this for B15

On Sukhumvit, just before the canal separating Phra Khanong and On Nut is a row of ancient wooden shophouses, probably among the last few still standing. One contains an equally ancient Chinese herbalist shop....authentic, not a tourist recreation.

For those of you who enjoy the unique experience of exploring Bangkok's Klongs,, you can take a longtail that leaves hourly from the berth behind the Phra Khanong wet market and travel the Phra Khanong canal all the way up to the Sri Nakarin area. It stops at the temple made famous by the "Mae Nak" ghost story, then winds past the back areas of some interesting neighborhoods.

There are a lot of residences along with canal side walkways and it is interesting to get off the boat and walk along them. If you ask, the boatman will look for you on his return and pick you up. You will see close-up how beautiful and unique these canal communities are with little stores and noodle shops and homes decorated beautifully with flowers and plants.

All this for B15

great tip, thanks for making the time to write this. I also love the old shophouses and canal communities which are fast disappearing in central Bangkok. Wd love to buy one of these old shophouses or even an old canal side building altho the wife would thinks I'm totally nuts for wanting to

All this for B15

great tip, thanks for making the time to write this. I also love the old shophouses and canal communities which are fast disappearing in central Bangkok. Wd love to buy one of these old shophouses or even an old canal side building altho the wife would thinks I'm totally nuts for wanting to

Well, if your wife is Thai, listen to her. She knows those old buildings are just teeming with multitudes of restless ghosts who will certainly wrack havoc on her karma. Only known family ghosts are acceptable...they can be bribed.