Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

fang37

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 36 year old that has a grip on me like super glue. I am 59. I try to buy her clothes which she has very little of. Nope too expensive. I tried to replace her worn out shoes. She bought a pair for 129 Baht. I give her money and she gives it to her mother to take care of her 2 boys.

Money is not always the reason.

I cannot for the life of me see what she sees in me. I still have hair. I have little gray hair and very few wrinkles is her answer. The fact that I will be dead by the time she gets to my age is of very little concern to her.

Sex is not a problem for either of us. She initiates it most of the time. I suspect because she has been convinced that all foreigners require sex at all times. She even wonders why I don't sometimes.

She is a very smart woman. English abilities ar lacking but I understand enough Thai that that is not a problem. She uses a translator very quickly and only needs it 1 time.

We went to a Global House to look around and she saw a school friend. Her friend was freaked that this shy girl that studied all the time and never fooled around with boys, had a farang boyfriend.

No single answer for this question.

Well a thai paper did a survey a few years back, they asked 8 to 10 years old Isaan school girls what they wanted to do after they finished school

99% said that they wanted to marry a "farang",as farangs would take better care of them that a thai husband would

When you ask young women leaving vocational school what are their future plans most say they want to save enough money to buy/build a house! Marriage to a farang isn't even on their radar!

Talk to a 30-35 year old woman and you you get a totally different answer..."find me a farang" is the cry!

Foreign men are kinder, give them more freedom, don't steal from them, don't have mia noi's and basically have more money! Isn't that the main thing, even in the West women are looking for the best provider!

smile.pngthumbsup.gifwai.gif

In oz when i was 30 I had a gf who was 17. We are stii best friends.

In Thailand had a gf who was 25 years my junior, still friends.

Now at the wrong side of 50 and my malay girl is 27. She has more money than me and more mature than me. I'm a happy camper.

Post @8 - yes - relating to the ladies' education. In fact, males in the North seem to lack further education too.

My wife completed a degree in Chiang Mai. Her English language proficiency is good.

Western elderly gentlemen - wisdom & knowledge - extremely rare!

Compared with their Thai counterparts certainly whistling.gif

Young Issarn ladies are in most cases poorly educated and respect elderly western gentlemen for their wisdom and knowledge....................thumbsup.gif

And especially their familiarity with astronomy, marine biology, physics, and world history.

And not forgetting their DIY skills thumbsup.gif

I do not want to sound racist, or nationalistic, because I am most definitely not. But, I have spoken with countless Thai women, who prefer foreign men, over Thai men. My guess, is it has to do with a certain class of men. Some rich Thai men, or at least middle class, have a decent education, and some have traveled, and they are probably the exception. But many are jealous, possessive, and few have a romantic bone in their bodies. Most are not affectionate. Many are gamblers. Many are smokers and heavy drinkers. And most do not offer financial security. Perhaps. Many Thai women want to be with a foreign man, for some of the same reasons that many of us have so few male Thai friends? There might be a parallel there. Maybe.

So, I get it. A foreigner is usually a ticket to a better life, for most women who are not from families with money. Who would not want that? If it means being with an older man, for many that is not a really big deal.

It seems to me that a high majority of young Isaan girls have given up on men and prefer the "company" of other girls or Tom-boys. I have (politely) asked why is this and a few say " many young Thai guys are not proper men"

Read into their reply what you want??????

I think it's all about the money, honey

1. Have absolutely nothing in common

2. Cultures are so far apart, that even a speed of light rocket would never get either one of them there

3. No common language

4. No clear communication or understanding

5. Totally different set of values and moral

6. 30 years apart energy levels

For her: Money, money and money

For Him: Sex, Nursing and kind words(lies) of what a lovely man he is

Success rate: As long as he realizes of the business arrangement, it may last for long time, plus without her, he could not even get a beer.

As long as she does not meet another one with more money to burn and gives whatever she asks for, love will flourish

konying - top post

The parties are different but blend well?

Some do, if both understand the "business deal", but i am not speaking from experience, only from what i have observed and learned in the past 15 years or so.

I am not married and never have been,in my late 30's and do not date anyone younger than 30 :)

My wife is 41 & Im almost 70.

We have a very happy relationship, we do things together and we talk things out its called Communication

Most relationships break down because of the lack of communication.

When we first me she could not speak English & my Thai is a bit iffy. I took her out for lunch

on our first date & I took my notebook and we used google translate.

Today she has picked up a bit of English at times I think I am the only one

that can understand her.

She tells her 13 Y.O. daughter to never marry a Thai man & to look for a falang.

Every 2nd day a Thai woman will ask Mrs Jessi where can they find a falang husband

or B/F, I just tell her not to get involved as there are good & bad Falangs the same as Thai men.

The women she went to Uni with are finding out on the grape vine that she has married a Falang

and are all calling her to check if its the truth as they are in a state of shock when they hear about it

and all want to meet this hansom Falang.wub.png

We hear a lot about the bad/sour relationships in Thailand and its always the bad ones that stick in our minds

We dont hear enough about the good/happy relationships and I think that is sad.

Now to answer the Op's question.

There are many reasons far too many to list here.wai.gif

In the town where I live, farangs have a reputation - a good reputation.

Indeed, some ladies enquire about the possibility of meeting a farang man,

Thai men opinion - no idea.

When I met my wife, her English proficiency - zero. A term at YMCA & constant conversation, she was up & away.

Communication

Consideration, caring & empathy

Sex

Some of the older farangs here have fathered children - the couple seem happy,

It was an issue when I first met my wife but I had been "cut". After COMMUNICATING that, all is fine.

Kids - not for me.

At least COMMUNICATE that to the Thai wife early in order to avoid disappointment & bitterness.

A question lingers in the back of my mind - if I had very little $$$, would we have gotten together? I have asked her. Really. a stupid question - obvious response.

One thing my wife constantly asks - "Do you love me?" Then she shows the love sign with her hand/fingers - teenage stuff - yes. But, OK. It is the little things that count?

1. Have absolutely nothing in common

2. Cultures are so far apart, that even a speed of light rocket would never get either one of them there

3. No common language

4. No clear communication or understanding

5. Totally different set of values and moral

6. 30 years apart energy levels

For her: Money, money and money

For Him: Sex, Nursing and kind words(lies) of what a lovely man he is

Success rate: As long as he realizes of the business arrangement, it may last for long time, plus without her, he could not even get a beer.

As long as she does not meet another one with more money to burn and gives whatever she asks for, love will flourish

Amazing how so many of you on here just want to generalize and have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not picking on konying, but he does have a nice list I can use.

My wife and I are 25 years apart and have a wonderful relationship.

1. No, we didn't have a lot in common initially, we do now. There's nothing wrong with not having a lot in common with someone, it's fun to make your own memories together.

2. Yes, my culture is different than hers, I like that. I personally don't care much for many of the American ladies I left behind.

3. I've learned better Thai, she's learned much better English.

4. After 10 years of being together we understand each other pretty well, better than I ever had with an older western lady.

5. Values and morals are not much different, we are both good people and that's the important part.

6. My energy levels are actually much higher than hers, I don't mind going on a long walk on hot days, she doesn't care for being outside in the heat.

Money: We share most of our money, I certainly do not spoil her. She has no gold, no fancy designer bags or clothing and she understands the value in not buying those things.

Sex, Nursing: I've had plenty of sex back in the states, I didn't need to come here for it. She does take care of me pretty well, however, no different than my mother took care of my father. We were both brought up that way and she enjoys seeing me happy, and I her.

So, next time you guys want to know why someone is with someone else, why don't you just ask them?

And why is this any different or worse than arranged marriages on certain cultures? Often teen girls and older men. This at least is consensual with either party free to leave at any time. And of course there is economic motive for poor girls to seek well-off men as husbands. Happens across most countries in the world!

Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

let me guess ..... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ whistling.gif certainly not for the good looks.

I just don't understand - my wife is always telling me that I am handsum man. Why is that?

Archived