Why young Isaan ladies marry old farangs?

fang37

I briefly spoke to a 30 yr old thai lady at robinsons who sold me an electronic device. She was very pretty and her thai colleagues were commenting / joking about her farang boyfriend. I asked how old he was and she was shy to answer. Eventually she said 64 yrs old and her friends laughed at her and so did I. With an age gap that big it has to be about the money and security. A week later I saw the girl with many shopping bags in her arms one lunchtime. Its all about the cash

Drawing conclusions from extremely small sample is a joke.

People marry/cohabit for a variety of reasons.

If I was a beautiful lady from Isaan, a financial decision provides a future for myself, children & parents.These days - having a marriage go its full course is the big challenge - Hi-So, Mid-So or Lo-So.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's about the cash, and the security, in some cases, maybe most. However I have a friend who is 70 and his wife is 35, and I can assure you it is not about the cash, my friend does not have a lot of money, and his wife has a good job and probably makes as

much as .y friend's meager pension. In her case it is about respect and how she is treated. My friend treats her with respect and kindness. Unfortunately the Thai men that do this get taken up very quickly, and the ones left nice educated Thai ladies want nothing to do with. So they look for a farang, true in most cases they would probably have a young farang, but there are not that many of them either, so they marry an older one, in most of the cases I have seen both are very happy.

I briefly spoke to a 30 yr old thai lady at robinsons who sold me an electronic device. She was very pretty and her thai colleagues were commenting / joking about her farang boyfriend. I asked how old he was and she was shy to answer. Eventually she said 64 yrs old and her friends laughed at her and so did I. With an age gap that big it has to be about the money and security. A week later I saw the girl with many shopping bags in her arms one lunchtime. Its all about the cash

Are you such an expert from your own experience?

Because their parents are lazy and poor. Their financial security outweighs their daughters needs. No human would wanna be with another MUCH older human. So the girls sacrifice themselves to be labelled GOOD girls by the family. Don't kid yourselves a 1955 Chevy can never outperform a latest model Corvett. That simple!

Because their parents are lazy and poor. Their financial security outweighs their daughters needs. No human would wanna be with another MUCH older human. So the girls sacrifice themselves to be labelled GOOD girls by the family. Don't kid yourselves a 1955 Chevy can never outperform a latest model Corvett. That simple!

Should women marry for love when love most often doesn't last? ‘Love’ is (at least in the romantic sense) a decaying commodity. Just look around...how many people are still happily married after 10 years when marrying for ‘love’ versus the legions of unhappy and divorced? Women have been marrying for financial security for thousands of years because they know it's in their best interest to do so. Isaan girls have consciously or unconsciously analyzed the situation and have come to the rational conclusion that the 1955 Chevy can outperform a flashy Corvette in many important ways. Isaan girls are just smarter than other girls.

Should women marry for love when love most often doesn't last? ‘Love’ is (at least in the romantic sense) a decaying commodity. Just look around...how many people are still happily married after 10 years when marrying for ‘love’ versus the legions of unhappy and divorced? Women have been marrying for financial security for thousands of years because they know it's in their best interest to do so. Isaan girls have consciously or unconsciously analyzed the situation and have come to the rational conclusion that the 1955 Chevy can outperform a flashy Corvette in many important ways. Isaan girls are just smarter than other girls.

your argument is weak and superficial. I don't think you got the car analogy! Lol time for a nap for you!

why the focus on the old guys, 95 percent of the men who travel to thailand are 40 years and below, the thing is with the 40 and below unless they inherited the old mom and dad inheritance they dont have no money or only enough for a 2 week sex junket, or they have to get a teaching job for 10,000baht per month, and all the thai girls dont trust young men because they only want boom boom and they butterfly. So if you are posting on here and you are a young man dont be jealous of the old men who got it going on, focus on your own cheeeeep charlie (kenow) selves. ha ha have a good day kenow farang.

why the focus on the old guys, 95 percent of the men who travel to thailand are 40 years and below, the thing is with the 40 and below unless they inherited the old mom and dad inheritance they dont have no money or only enough for a 2 week sex junket, or they have to get a teaching job for 10,000baht per month, and all the thai girls dont trust young men because they only want boom boom and they butterfly. So if you are posting on here and you are a young man dont be jealous of the old men who got it going on, focus on your own cheeeeep charlie (kenow) selves. ha ha have a good day kenow farang.

Where did you get the '40 years & below' stat from?

95% I would argue that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will add to the previous post.

Logically (western logic), these relationships are insane. That be the case, I very much enjoy my insanity. However, my blood family have criticized me aplenty for my actions.

"Don't build a house & PUT it in HER name". Then, within a short time, they fleeced me for a considerable amount. "Double standard" - of course not.

It has been a pleasure, an honour to enhance their quality of life.

Since then, I have totally severed my ties (shackles) with the blood family. @ 1 decision.

Now, a new life; new family; new culture; revised principles; new religion; new cuisine; new language.

It has its challenges but worth every bit of it.

is that your own life experience or are you copying and pasting from another source?

Also it seems kind of odd for you to start a thread asking a question and then answering it yourself.

if it's your own story it must have been very traumatic for you to severe ties with your own blood family.

10,000b a month for teaching??

Your having a laugh.

There are so many opportunities for private teaching that gives good rewards on top of a regular salary while (maybe) meeting some nice Isaan (educated) ladies.

You turn down the guy private clients than D?gigglem.gif

[Maybe I'll head for a TEFL then. Don't worry - I'll stick to southern Sisaket!]

Not jealous at all. Am under 40 and loving it. Wife, kids, good job. No inheritance though which is a bummer, but am surviving.

I have been married to a beautiful Isaan girl for 5 years who is 37, I am 62. We are living in Australia but will retire to Thailand. In my experience there are a lot of guys who marry Thai and other Asian girls expecting them to be compliant and wait on them hand and foot. These marriages do not last as their wives sooner or later work out that there is another, freer way of living in Oz. I know of a number of girls, many with young children, who are living in Oz after divorcing there partner. I believe it comes down to respect for each other. Surely my wife married me for status and a much better life for her family and herself. We have a great relationship and enjoy doing things together, but I wouldn't say it is love. More friendship and respect.She,of course, says it is love!!

Very wise and pragmatic approach fatone. Those who dream of perfection usually end up disappointed and divorced. A sixty something year old farang thinking he's terrific for nabbing a young beautiful Thai woman who loves him 100% at some point realize the truth and its downhill from there. It's similar to sugar daddy scenario. Benefits for both parties involved. Financial advantage for the lady and massaging of the ego for the man.

Of course young Isaan girls prefer ol' farts.

Ol' farts cause little damage to the lady's personal assets.

The ol' fart pays a reasonable price for damage thereto.

He doesn't normally piss his bed nor in the kitchen sink.

He pays & pays & pays.

He is able to converse about Thai soapies.

No butterfly attributes.

In summary, he is a great catch.

When I met my wife she was 21 & I was 41.

She thought I had "little money"

She told me she would work very hard for us.

But still wanted to get married to me.

Seems to have lasted.

Just reached our 27 year anniversary.

Life can work out.

I have been married to a beautiful Isaan girl for 5 years who is 37, I am 62. We are living in Australia but will retire to Thailand. In my experience there are a lot of guys who marry Thai and other Asian girls expecting them to be compliant and wait on them hand and foot. These marriages do not last as their wives sooner or later work out that there is another, freer way of living in Oz. I know of a number of girls, many with young children, who are living in Oz after divorcing there partner. I believe it comes down to respect for each other. Surely my wife married me for status and a much better life for her family and herself. We have a great relationship and enjoy doing things together, but I wouldn't say it is love. More friendship and respect.She,of course, says it is love!!

Post of the month year! Doesn't just apply to those relationships that developed back in the home country!

This age thing people need to get over it and think of any marriage as what it is two people who at the point of marriage love each other age does not enter into it. A state of mind if your fit enough and healthy what is the problem. Yes sure there are those who will always say bah humbug and it's only for your money. Money now there's a point I wonder if I bought one of these people who say for your money drinks all day every day he would say he is only drinking with you for your money?????? Anyway I'm a ferang married to a lovely Issan lady with 21 years age difference we are happy we are in love with each other and we respect each others values and cultures. I would say that is as good a marriage as anything in the so called normal range

This age thing people need to get over it and think of any marriage as what it is two people who at the point of marriage love each other age does not enter into it. A state of mind if your fit enough and healthy what is the problem. Yes sure there are those who will always say bah humbug and it's only for your money. Money now there's a point I wonder if I bought one of these people who say for your money drinks all day every day he would say he is only drinking with you for your money?????? Anyway I'm a ferang married to a lovely Issan lady with 21 years age difference we are happy we are in love with each other and we respect each others values and cultures. I would say that is as good a marriage as anything in the so called normal range

well it is most likely that's it's your opinion. You can never be sure that she truly loves you. You should know Thai women well enough to know that they lie for many reasons. Lol

I suppose then you can't be sure your mum liked you after all mum's lie for all sorts of reasons eh. Or is it that you have been burnt and now anti thai women in general they are not all the same but won't waste my reach trying to convince you LOL

well it is most likely that's it's your opinion. You can never be sure that she truly loves you. You should know Thai women well enough to know that they lie for many reasons. Lol

dont project your experiences onto everyone else, just because you got screwed doesn't mean everyone else is going to get screwed,

I suppose then you can't be sure your mum liked you after all mum's lie for all sorts of reasons eh. Or is it that you have been burnt and now anti thai women in general they are not all the same but won't waste my reach trying to convince you LOL

sound immature and illogical. I'm happy married to a Thai u fool. Point was just because u say she loves u does not mean she does or does not. U just don't know. Wake up and join the real world. Lol. Love of a mother is different to love of a wife. A bit over your head? Think so.

I started this thread.

Having spent 13 years in LOS of which 11 years have been with my Thai wife, I admit that is has been a very enjoyable experience to date - and many more I hope.

Never has one of us walked away.

I cannot speak for her but her actions suggest the same.

"Our" (meaning both my wife & her parents) standard of living has increased tremendously.

I am happy that I can share my wealth with the family. There was no repayment plan but I have received many dividends.

She has helped me through some severe medical problems with a smile.

$$$ is always a talking point for most expats. When I got cancer, I brought 100% of my funds into LOS. She can withdraw $$$ as necessary.

She has educated me & vice-versa.

Thailand is a LOS - I cannot resist smiling!

I will add to the previous post.

Logically (western logic), these relationships are insane. That be the case, I very much enjoy my insanity. However, my blood family have criticized me aplenty for my actions.

"Don't build a house & PUT it in HER name". Then, within a short time, they fleeced me for a considerable amount. "Double standard" - of course not.

It has been a pleasure, an honour to enhance their quality of life.

Since then, I have totally severed my ties (shackles) with the blood family. @ 1 decision.

Now, a new life; new family; new culture; revised principles; new religion; new cuisine; new language.

It has its challenges but worth every bit of it.

You can't cheat an honest man.

Most of us are rarely born in the homes of our true family.

Archived