Does anyone uses BIG C membership card?

GotR1GHT

It's free like the Tesco card so may as well get one. Not as many discounts as the Tesco card but Big C might be slightly cheaper anyway. I don't shop at Big C much so mostly only get 30-80 baht discounts and a few small gifts. The Tesco card if you spread your purchases right and use their coupons can get you 300 baht off a 3000 baht shop sometimes.

We spent about 6,000 Baht there the other day, which sister-in-law put on her card and was told she'd receive 30 Baht off next purchase.

Only 30 baht???

Usually we get 100 to 120 baht per 1000 spent. Stop the bill at 1000. Pick up the 120 discount coupo and use it on the rest of your goods.

Stupid idea but it is the only way as these 120 baht discount coupons are only valid for 2 or 3 days.

Last time I got one I gave it to the lady behind me in the queue as I knew I couldn't use it within the three days it was valid. (Oh you have to buy for at least 300 baht to be able to use the coupon)

Plan well and you can save about 600 baht on your 6000 Baht worth of purchase.

Oh .... and you annoy the customers behind you as it take time to do all those transactions.

rules are very simple: for a single purchase of more than 500 Baht, you get a 5 Baht discount Coupon. For every 2000 Baht spent, you get another 10 Baht discount Coupon (accumulating up to the end of each quarter where it is reset to zero.

I guess when you spend a certain amount per year or quarter (10.000 Baht ?) you get some more discount coupons, but I did not find out yet how it works exactly and the cashiers obviouslky don't know the details either. these Coupons can be anything like 30, 60, 120 Baht.

In June I got a 120 Baht Coupon though I had no idea why.

on some days they offer huge discounts if you buy for more than 1.000 or 2.000 baht - getting a discount coupon of 100 or 150 Baht for that or even more.

sadly, I don't know how to get information about those specials sales, even though I am subscribed to their newsletter.

Out of the many member-cards I own, Big C and Asiabooks are still the most useful and easy to understand. it is free to sign up at the BigC so you should not hesitate to do so. the store-managers are usually nice folks and can speak decent English.