Huge fire at golf equipment factory in Pathumthani

webfact

Predawn fire at golf factory in Pathumthani

15-7-2558-11-11-12-wpcf_728x407.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A huge predawn fire broke out this morning at a golf factory in Lat Lumkaeo district of Pathumthani province causing damage initially estimated at about 40 million baht.

Lat Lumkaeo police said the fire happened at about 5 am at Durex Corp located in an area of 20 rai in Tambon Namai of Kat Lumkaeo and is behind a nursery school.

The factory produces golf equipment which include golf bags, golf clubs and other brand name sportswear.

More than 20 fire trucks were sent to fight the fire but still couldn’ put it down after moire than an hour of blazing.

The fire engulfed the entire factory building three hours later.

A Taiwanese owner of the factory identified himself was Kochin Chuan told police that he was sleeping in his office in front of the factory.

But he said he was awoken by workers shouting fire, fire at about 4 pm.

He estimated damage to his factory at 40 million baht.

A factory personnel employee Ms Kannika Kesorn said the factory produced mostly golf bags and brand name sports bags to customers in Europe and the United States.

Cargoes that were burnt down in the factory were prepared to ship to its customers overseas, she said.

The cause of the fire was under inspection by forensic police.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/predawn-fire-at-golf-factory-in-pathumthani

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-15

I had a shock not so long ago when my caddie said she'd accidentally dropped my condom on the fairway, and could I take the golf-buggy back to retrieve it! What she meant was that she'd dropped the head-cover for my 3 wood. I understand Thais also use the word 'condom' for such things as beer can coolers as well as the more widely recognised protection for the male sex organ, which are made by Durex, and many other companies

I had a shock not so long ago when my caddie said she'd accidentally dropped my condom on the fairway, and could I take the golf-buggy back to retrieve it! What she meant was that she'd dropped the head-cover for my 3 wood. I understand Thais also use the word 'condom' for such things as beer can coolers as well as the more widely recognised protection for the male sex organ, which are made by Durex, and many other companies

The caddies also call rescue clubs "Katoeys" bcoz they are not an iron and nor a driver ! Something in between !