State Of Emergency In Thailand

Mobi

They said that bigwig civil servants had to report tomorrow morning at 9 and that tomorrow would be a holiday for banks and civil servants. They also repeated that the coup's leaders had gone to report on the situation to the King at midnight.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://dl.tvunetworks.com/TVUPlayer.zip

Have installed this programme....

Channel 10100 CNN is running updates every 10-20 minutes about the coup.. this seems quite a good source.

Never been able to work out how to get the channels to play in this software, any advice, please?

had problems at first too....

it is fairly simple though, install and click on the channel you want (10100 is good) wait a bit (depends on your connection speed I guess) and it'll play for you.

Lets hope the military are booted out on their <deleted> - this is plain wrong. Not very democratic at all and I see military clashing very soon.

The thakisin rule has never been democratic, this is a good thing if it has full royal backing and is another step further towards long term democracy when power is restored to the people.

Any diligent democratic leader would have removed himself from office long ago. His actions are not those of an elected leader but those of a would be dictator who is running scared of the pending troubles that await him.

Good on Ya Sondi

Edited by george

`Issue of Confidence'

The baht may fall another 2 percent to 38.60 per dollar, the weakest since June, said Nick Bennenbroek, a vice president of currency research at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. in New York. He didn't specify a timeframe.

``It's an issue of confidence,'' he said. ``I would not be surprised to see a very significant drop in the equity markets'' there, he said.

Shares of Thai Fund Inc., managed by Morgan Stanley, fell as much as 7.1 percent in New York Stock Exchange composite trading, and then pared the decline to a 4 percent loss.

The yen trimmed an earlier gain as traders anticipating declines in Asian shares used the currency as a proxy.

Because of limited trading in currencies like the baht, ``you got to express an Asian view in pretty much one currency,'' said Michael Jansen, senior market strategist in New York at National Australia Bank. ``The yen always carries the sentiment of Asia.''

My thoughts are with the King and hopes for the Thai people.

:o

The coup came during a cleansing rain. Lets hope it cleans the gutters out a bit.

Thanks to Thai Armed forces and I hope Buddha has shown them the strength in humility and they can return the constitution to the people ASAP.

Lets hope the military are booted out on their <deleted> - this is plain wrong. Not very democratic at all and I see military clashing very soon.

The thakisin rule has never been democratic, this is a good thing if it has full royal backing and is another step further towards long term democracy when power is restored to the people.

Any diligent democratic leader would have removed himself from office long ago. His actions are not those of an elected leader but those of a would be dictator who is running scared of the pending troubles that await him.

Good on Ya Sondi

Let's hear from the King first, before making words for him.

Sondhi is a criminal. :o

been here 3 weeks and i see the first coup d'eìtat in my entire life. should have stayed in vietnam where its safe.

actually its the people getting pissed off and start rioting that Im worried about. there might be robberies, rapes...hel_l break loose

Don't worry Xk***** Thais ,as general, are less prone to violence unlike the folks in New Orleans.

Thaksin's son, Panthongtae, is believed to have left on a flight to Singapore along with Khunying Potjaman and Minister of the PM's Office Newin Chidchob at 9pm last night.

Deputy Prime Minister Surakiart Sathirathai and Foreign Minister Kantathi Suphamongkol were all in New York with Mr Thaksin, whose speech to the UN General Assembly tomorrow should be interesting. A caretaker prime minister who no longer has a country to take care of.

Agriculture Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan and Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak are currently in France, and likely to postpone their return.

The source for this is the Bangkok Post.

:o:D:D:D:D

From US, Thaksin bans foreign travel

Speaking via a webcam connection from New York, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra on Tuesday ordered his cabinet ministers not to make unnecessary overseas trips.

He cited political uncertainties during the run-up to the general election later this year, and told ministers via the Internet link they should only travel when it was vital.

Mr Thaksin, joining the weekly cabinet meeting via the Internet link during his five-day visit to New York, told his cabinet members that under the current circumstances, especially regarding political uncertainty, they should not travel abroad except for highly necessary purposes, such as making preparations for visits by members of the Royal family.

The report on Mr Thaksin's order from abroad was delivered to the public by caretaker Deputy Public Health Minister Anutin Chanvirakul.

The prime minister also was reported to have asked the ministers to suspend their planned overseas visits for bilateral meetings on any issues.

Government deputy spokeswoman Sansanee Nakpong said the prime minister did not want the cabinet members to travel overseas except for necessary business.

Mr Thaksin reportedly recommended the ministers to send their assistants to go on their behalf. If cabinet members must make overseas trips during this period, they must ask for his permission in advance for at least one week. (TNA)

This has been talked about since December last year.

It was a matter of time - Everybody (Thai) expected it to happen in October as there was liable to be bloodshed as per 1992, 1971 & 1973.

I have had so much info over this today from Thais that they are so happy that there is no violence, murder, death and confusion.

It is is not just an army thing - the air force and navy are involved.

Talk to your neighbours in the morning and ask them.

Frankly I am happy that the this crook will have to live in another country and have his "unusual wealth" investigated -it may take five years, but pay back- wow - that's life sonny boy.

Farangs have to abide with Thai law and tax law - well so does boxhead under international law.

Thais will dancing in the streets in a day or two - for sure.

Cheers to the Military,we owe you one,

Couthy.

I'd like to concur. I hope I'm not being overly presumptuos in congratulating the Thai Royal Military on a well managed and peaceful push to rid the proud Thai peoples of a parasite on their great nation.

Long live Thailand!

Long live the Military!

Long live the King!

My thoughts are with the King and hopes for the Thai people.

:o

The coup came during a cleansing rain. Lets hope it cleans the gutters out a bit.

Thanks to Thai Armed forces and I hope Buddha has shown them the strength in humility and they can return the constitution to the people ASAP.

I second that....

BB

After the coup, it always followed by the curfew. So I wouldn’t image anybody in the right mind would open their business tomorrow or the next day. My wife said this is probably the third or fourth time since she was born, and each one previously always ended up in a peaceful manner. So most thais will dislike it quite a bit but nothing to worry over too much. If history repeats itself, it should last 1-2 weeks the longest, and it won’t be a grand scale disturbance likes in Rawanda or anything similar to that, she said.

Good luck everyone and please keep yourself save and stay home as much as possible