State Of Emergency In Thailand

Mobi

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After the coup, it always followed by the curfew. So I wouldn’t image anybody in the right mind would open their business tomorrow or the next day. My wife said this is probably the third or fourth time since she was born, and each one previously always ended up in a peaceful manner. So most thais will dislike it quite a bit but nothing to worry over too much. If history repeats itself, it should last 1-2 weeks the longest, and it won’t be a grand scale disturbance likes in Rawanda or anything similar to that, she said.

Good luck everyone and please keep yourself save and stay home as much as possible

Ain't there a few peopple that are still missing from a previous Coup :o

Imho Mr toxin has been expecting this for a long time...I suspect that all his illgotten wealth is safely away from LOS.....and is it confirmed that he has bought a house in London?

The ship is not sinking, but the rats are leaving!

Has he not got a Football club somewhere???

BB

There is an unconfirmed report on '2 Bangkok.com" Forum that some Thaksin supporters have been arrested.

Well,Seh Ice (Maj Gen Triarong Intharathat), Ai Jued (Dusit Khireewan), Moh Mink (Dr prommin Loedsureedej) are now under arrest ... whiel the commander fo the 9th infantry division, the 1st division (royal gard), the 2nd cavalry division, are goign to report to Gen Sondhi ...

ONLY Thammarak and Samak are still at large

Statement from the Administrative Reform Council

From the new boys in charge...thanks to the Nation. :o

The following is the statement from the Administrative Reform Council

There has been social division like never before. Each side has been trying to conquer another with all possible means and the situation tends to intensify with growing doubts on the administration amid widespread reported corruption.

State units and independent organisations have been politically meddled, not able to deliver their services as specified in the Constitution.

The administration is also usually bordering on "lest majest" actions against the revered King. Despite attempts from social units for compromises, there is no way to end the conflicts.

The revolution body thus needs to seize power. We have no intention to rule but to return the power to the people as soon as possible, to preserve peace and honour the King who is the most revered to all Thais

At 2am, The Nation was informed by the Thai military that all telecommunication and internet connections in the country would be shut down in two hours’ time.

I hope that this is noted when a democratic government is elected.

If nothing else, it might get rid of the CAT monopoly on International internet access, as it makes it too easy to stop the spread of information.

P.S. It means, unless we have satellites not pointing at UBC, we'll all lose CNN in another 40 minutes...

P.P.S. Note to coup leaders - if you'd simply left regular programming on the Thai Channels, without the news, most Thais wouldn't have heard about the coup at all.

I just talked to my wife who returned from Wat Thai DC. She said the sentiment there and with her Thai friends in the US is that this coup is a good thing. They love the King and believe he supports the removal of Thaksin from power. I was surprised by her comments because I am very concerned about any military coup.

On the news in Switzerland: the last straw for the military was that the Prime Minister interfered too much in the list of promotions due for the beginning of October. He tried to get a crony (classmate) appointed as commander for Bangkok and central Thailand.

---------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

STREAMING THAI TV

Here's a streaming video link from Thai TV. You must paste this into Windows Media Player, in order for it to work:

http://streaming1.ip-tv.tv/itv_live

What you do is open Windows Media Player, then go CTRL+U, and paste that URL in. Do NOT try to pull it up in your browser, as it won't work.

They're rotating between playing music videos about the King and a static blue screen with something written in Thai. If anyone can read Thai, please let me know what it says.

By the way, Fox News just said that the King supports the coup!

Anyone from outside of downtown BKK has checked if ATMs are still alive?

Might be right time to go get some cash.

Withdrew all cash from Kasikorn an hour ago.. A big queue + the machine had run out of 500's.Sukhumvit soi 55.

Was not going to take any chances...

a cheque at 1am?

I'm on UBC Satellite... completely dead except local channels 1 - 9 all broadcasting the same Thai message and vintage reels of the King

i'm not concerned with CNN and BBC being taken off the air, but i'm concerned with *all* farang TV stations being taken off the air, including HBO, ESPN, etc. that are not broadcasting anything at all about Thailand.

:o

I am in the US on business and am viewing CNN on cable TV. They say their satellite link is down from Thailand and the only news reports they are getting is from their reporters on video phone. We have more news on this tread then they do.