Landlord wants more money for electric

ronthai

I have a running contract with my current Thai "landlord" he just takes care and the real owner does NOT want to get involved.

I am about 1.5 years in a 3 years contract.

This month the monthly bill came with a message in Thai, that starting 31 July 2558 the electric will go from 8 baht (government bill maybe 4.5 baht) to 12 baht.

The caretaker already puts in his own pocket 500-600 baht monthly now because I pay 8 baht per KW electric, not government price.

I will 100% refuse the 12 baht next months bill. Why I would put an extra 600-700 baht in his pocket.

Currently government electric would be 4.5 baht, I pay 8 now and he wants 12 baht.

I have a 3 year contract and think the electric 8 baht is on there I tried to scan and show here but, just did not work.

I have old bills that show 8 baht.

I have been reading the Thai government wanted to put the electric prices up, but not 4 baht per KW.

I am a very principal man. He does NOTHING for any of the current extra money. Just a lazy Thai drunk.

Edited by ronthai

Recalculate any bill presented, if possible pay by bank transfer, print copy of payment and staple to copy of original contract and the bill you were presented.

I am paying under 4B a unit still at government rates.

If this is a problem for the caretaker, withhold payment of rent until deposit is cleared then leave.

I just get get hand written bills.

Monthly rent xxxx

Monthly water (actually wants to go from 20 to 25 baht next month, but OK, 30-40 baht a month more

Electric always 8 baht per KW (or whatever is the right letters), now wants 12 baht.

I have in my mind already when next bill comes, I will just re-calculate the electric from 12 to 8 baht and give him that money total of 8 baht electric+rent+ water.

My question is: "WHAT CAN HE DO" (legally, not mafia)

Edited by ronthai

At this time for the past 1.5 years he already just puts 500-600 baht in his pocket every month, while my electric bill is 1300-1500 baht, but government wise should be 700+ baht.

Now up from 8 to 12, same he pockets 1200-1500 baht on my low electric bill government wise 700--800 baht (no air or anything). Just 1 fan, computer (plus extra), fridge and 1 light

Edited by ronthai

Taking what you say at face value, I would be angry at this proposed increase.

What makes it worse I feel is the bloody mindedness of some of the thinking when it comes to doing business with some Thais.

Fact is doing business in Asia is not like doing business anywhere else in the world. In this case the guy has decided he want's more money, the fact you have a contract does not mean a thing, he think he is justified.... So pay up!

What gets my goat about these demands, (I had a similar thing happen a long time ago) is when you tell him no, you won't pay it, they get all hurt and become the victim and rant about how you make 'them' lose face.... Priceless.

The main reason I don't want to own any form of a business in Thailand is because you never know if the guy your dealing with is going to suddenly turn into spoiled brat and spit his dummy out.

You may even have to think about moving or fight fire with fire, but the problem with that is they will wear you down....... And beat you on experience!

Good luck