Where do you guys keep your helmets?

it's not the distance.

it's the type of fall....and at the wrong place... you can fall on a flat road but just a small pebble at the wrong place is enough to do you.

i've seen this type of accident before.

I'm fully aware.. In fact I've been hit twice already while stationary, once by a pickup......but its just too damn hot to wear a helmet in dstop n go daily traffic, I can't stand it ...can't go anywhere without showing up like a soaking sweaty mess all over my face/head when I wear a helmet

I'm fully aware.. In fact I've been hit twice already while stationary, once by a pickup......but its just too damn hot to wear a helmet in dstop n go daily traffic, I can't stand it ...can't go anywhere without showing up like a soaking sweaty mess all over my face/head when I wear a helmet

So wear a bike helmet- they have lots of air holes and provide some protection.

Ever met someone with brain damage? I think not or you would be wearing a helmet.

PS. Are you refering to a full face helmet? I wear the ordinary sort and don't have any of those problems, and I sweat if I so much as look outside.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I lock mine through the face of the helmet with a number lock I got from a moto shop... The numbers i leave under the passenger seat. You can do the same on a cbr250.. Even lock 2 helmets this way.

Sent from my c64

despite air holes and vents theyre still too <deleted> hot

Ever met someone with brain damage? I think not or you would be wearing a helmet.

yes i have, and no i still dont wear one.... im fully aware that its stupid and a big risk... its a choice i decide to make for myself.... dont see why people get so worked up over it.... let people do what they want.... not wearing a helmet only endangers myself, no one else.

PS. Are you refering to a full face helmet? I wear the ordinary sort and don't have any of those problems, and I sweat if I so much as look outside.

both...even a 1/2 skull cap is too hot for me in the daytime... but if they really start to crack down on helmets i would start to wear a 1/2 helmet again..... but for the most part i dont get caught very often.. maybe once every 4-6 weeks currently

despite air holes and vents theyre still too <deleted> hot

yes i have, and no i still dont wear one.... im fully aware that its stupid and a big risk... its a choice i decide to make for myself.... dont see why people get so worked up over it.... let people do what they want.... not wearing a helmet only endangers myself, no one else.

both...even a 1/2 skull cap is too hot for me in the daytime... but if they really start to crack down on helmets i would start to wear a 1/2 helmet again..... but for the most part i dont get caught very often.. maybe once every 4-6 weeks currently

not wearing a helmet only endangers myself, no one else.

Sorry to belabour the point, but do you have no one in the world that cares about you? If you do, they would suffer too.

If you live in a country with free health care you use taxpayer's money to treat you. If you live in Thailand, OK, you pay for your hospital treatment.

Each to their own. I believe, what you pay for a helmet indicates the worth of what it's protecting ( your brain).

thats silly

so if i dont own a 30,000+ baht helmet, i must not value my brains?

i dont go around wearing bulletproof vest everyday, but that doesnt mean i dont value my heart and internal organs

do you believe that people who skydive dont value their lives?

everyone is comfortable with a different level of risk... it doesnt mean they dont care about themselves.

Depends, if I'm out and about in town, I wear an 800B job and just leave it on the bike. If heading off onto the highway, I take a full face helmet and keep it locked in the top box.

I have a 200thb one I don't care about and it never gets stolen, ive had a few expensive ones stolen over the years because they were just latched under the seat but I use a steel cable now when I need to leave the bike for more than a few minutes , even that won't stop a professional thief, bolt cutters are cheap etc etc but it might deter an opportunistic thief with just a pocket knife..

Once it got stolen outside latphrao mall and there was a police pick up parked beside the bike, my gf told the cops someone has stolen our helmet and they said I was "lucky" because if I came back while they were stealing it I probably would have been stabbed.... Or someone else would

Each to their own. I believe, what you pay for a helmet indicates the worth of what it's protecting ( your brain).

thats silly

so if i dont own a 30,000+ baht helmet, i must not value my brains?

i dont go around wearing bulletproof vest everyday, but that doesnt mean i dont value my heart and internal organs

do you believe that people who skydive dont value their lives?

everyone is comfortable with a different level of risk... it doesnt mean they dont care about themselves.

Do you get shot at every day?

Do you fall off your bike every day?

well... i got scratch by the flying sands/debris and 'smoked' everyday by those guys who thinks they are macho in their modified cars and pick-ups. speeding around with tons of smoke from their exhausts..

I ride every day, so the chances of falling off are there.

You have a bigger chance of winning the lottery than getting shot in Thailand.

This ain't south central LA.

You ride past several people everyday who are carrying guns, some legally, many not.

Chances of being shot are high, higher than most other countries.

so what youre saying is.... because you think the chance is small enough, you are willing to take the risk of not wearing one everyday?

accepting a certain level of risk does not mean you do not care about yourself.... but each person chooses a different level of risk they are comfortable with.

You ride past several people everyday who are carrying guns, some legally, many not.

Chances of being shot are high, higher than most other countries.

True. Don't verbally attack any other driver, as you don't know what he's got.