Thai Consulate Vientiane come late - go fast ;-) Non Immi O living with my Thai children

Living 80 km east from Udon Thani city, I drove by car, starting around 8 AM on 9.7. to the Nong Khai-Vientiane border.

Arrived about 9:45 there, changed money - Dollar-for Lao Visa at the new Bank at the border parking.

On the Lao border side, I was asked during my waiting for the Passport-Lao Visa, if I wanted to go to Thai Consular section for 200 Baht with a bigger Tuk Tuk Bus (1.100 cc engine).

Sounded ok for me. Took that offer.

Arrived around 11 AM at the Thai Consulate. some things changed since my last visit =

=================================================================================

The queue numbers are now given at a desk in front of the waiting area,

before you got them at the door-entrance next to the Application delivery windows.

You need now 2 photos on the Application.

You have to go out of the Consulate and outside you can get copies and photos.

Before you could get such necessities upstairs from the Application windows.

Had forgotten to copy my Passport pages, had only 1 photo, pushed me back 10 min,

but had already my queue number, entered again at 11:20. Open until 11:30.

After filling out my Application without any waiting time, I went to one of the Application delivery windows,

had,

copies of Passport = relevant pages, + Entry stamp copy

copy of house book

copy of my GF's ID card

copy of Birth certificate of my sons + Originals to look at

all signed + 2.000 Baht no questions asked.

Was in a minute later on my way inside the building to deliver my Passport and get my confirmation.

Next day 10.7. Friday

I came late, about 2:45 PM was alone in the pick up room, got my Passport and Visa.

Easy, waiting times, ZERO. smile.png

• Like 1

Don't tell people our secret! Do that in BKK too. Suckers go in at about 10 AM or even noon and can't get out of their until 1500. I come in about 30 minutes before closing time. Nobody is in line so I breeze right through. Wait about 10-15 minutes then they call my name and I'm out of there in about 20 minutes. It's a great technique, I don't know why other people don't do it.

• Like 1

I don't know why other people don't do it.

Better, most do not do it. Then we would have the same problems.thumbsup.gif

Most are just to correct - must be in (early?) time there.

I go also, later or last on planes

and as I sit often behind, last off planes, hate standing in line boarding or leaving.

Often get a better available seat coming last and can choose easily.

tongue.png