Applying for tourist visa by post to London Royal Thai Embassy...

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help with a couple of questions regarding a visa application.

I am a British citizen looking to travel as a tourist to Thailand. I would like to stay indefinitely (I don't have a return date in mind yet) but I understand the rules and limitations regarding visas.

Ultimately then I would like a Triple entry visa. However, as I understand it, you're not guaranteed of getting a Triple entry even if I ask for one in my application? i.e. I might only be granted a double entry.

I am intending to send in my application my post to the Royal Thai Embassy in London, so I'm just wondering how to go about filling out the application form... shall I fill it out asking for a Triple entry visa and send enough money via postal order to cover that?

My concern is that I might not be issued a Triple entry visa but I will have paid for it, and they don't offer refunds...

What would you recommend?

Thank you

Staying "indefinably" using tourist visas will prove to be very difficult .

Beside that this is your opinion only, If I'm not wrong, you were posting previously as "nzexpat", which is is now a deactivated username. Just wonder if you want to tell why the switch ?

Oh, him again... The headache guy with his headache avatar who jumps down your throat if you ask a valid question on this thread....

Do you need to send proof of onward flights for a triple at this consulate and pretty much all UK consulates now ?

Before, you could post to Hull and get a triple but I think that was stopped ?

Beside that this is your opinion only, If I'm not wrong, you were posting previously as "nzexpat", which is is now a deactivated username. Just wonder if you want to tell why the switch ?

Do you need to send proof of onward flights for a triple at this consulate and pretty much all UK consulates now ?

No need for tickets. No visa by post except from London.

Well spotted Paz, I think you're right wai.gif

A strange thing for someone to do.

I think Hull will accept postal applications form people in their catchment area but the visa has to be collected.

They will also accept applications via email so if he qualifies he could email everything to Hull first and they will confirm eligibility for the visa wanted.

I think Hull will accept postal applications form people in their catchment area but the visa has to be collected.

They will also accept applications via email so if he qualifies he could email everything to Hull first and they will confirm eligibility for the visa wanted.

Suggest you check the Hull website which includes this statement .

"PERSONS WISHING TO APPLY FOR THEIR VISA BY POST MUST SEND THEIR FULL APPLICATION TO THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY IN LONDON.

SUCH APPLICANTS SHOULD VISIT THE EMBASSY WEBSITE (www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk) OR TELEPHONE THEM (020 7225 5500 AFTER 2PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY)."

There is nothing in the OP to suggest that mdlak plans to stay here indefinitely using tourist visas.

@ mdlak, "I would like to stay indefinitely (I don't have a return date in mind yet) but I understand the rules and limitations regarding visas."

It is possible to stay here for years here on tourist visas and for some thats the only choice. There is no law or rule restricting the number of tourist visas someone can have. As long as the applicant can prove sufficient income from abroad to support their stay tourist visas are an option. Only those that abuse the system will have problems.

• Like 1

Suggest you check the Hull website which includes this statement .

"PERSONS WISHING TO APPLY FOR THEIR VISA BY POST MUST SEND THEIR FULL APPLICATION TO THE ROYAL THAI EMBASSY IN LONDON.

SUCH APPLICANTS SHOULD VISIT THE EMBASSY WEBSITE (www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk) OR TELEPHONE THEM (020 7225 5500 AFTER 2PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY)."

I have used Hull many times in the past. I appreciate they have their hands tied by London to a degree but I wouldn't discount anything from whats written on the website.

Hull, in my experience, reply to emails quickly so if the OP wants to know for sure he could email them to ask if they can help. The fact that they will accept applications from a nominated person IMO would not discount them receiving an application by post as long as the person is in the catchment area and can collect.

Maybe your experience using the Hull consulate is different but they were always very helpful and their service is excellent. I was simply offering the OP an alternative option.

Edited by elviajero

Hello my name is Fabian Ngobidi ejike am from Nigeria i have a question to ask please,I get my addmintion in siam university Bangkok Thailand and I applied for a student visa but they gave him tourist visa, please I want to know if I can come with the tourist visa and if they can change it over there because lecture starting soon.Please I will be waiting for you reply soon thanks

Hello my name is Fabian Ngobidi ejike am from Nigeria i have a question to ask please,I get my addmintion in siam university Bangkok Thailand and I applied for a student visa but they gave him tourist visa, please I want to know if I can come with the tourist visa and if they can change it over there because lecture starting soon.Please I will be waiting for you reply soon thanks

I recommend you start a new thread stating your specific query/problem in the subject line.