Thailand to boost average height with better school meals

Lite Beer

"The junta has stipulated that all primary school children to recite the core values daily."

Yes, that'll do wonders for the IQ level. More rote learning and less critical thinking - just what this country needs!

• Like 2

IT"S GOOD NEWS !!!

Acknowledging that it can be improved...for oriental culture it's a big step...at all levels, from personal to governmental offices, Improving the kids meal's? To make them healthier and maybe taller, why not....!?! It says that at the moment what they are providing can be improved...right??? Wow...
Looking at the big picture ... I approve.
At the same time they would/should educate the young what is and what is not a healthy meal.
Don't forget that a LARGE part of Thailand , doesn't offer the same culinary facilities as the ones provided in large Metropolitan areas. Imagine a school in a far far away rural village is given a Reference Menu that should be followed FOR WHICH a BUDGET IS ALLOCATED. imagine the parents of the kids at school while they are farming..... under the sun, working and postponing their meal.....oh well.... IF followed through this policy is good....
Thailand is following the footsteps that other countries , including some that we are related to, did and luckily for some of us, took.
Better Meals for the young, that sometime have to walk more then a few km to go to school and rush back home to help their parents.... that's good, that's fantastic....
IF BROUGHT THROUGH...

Morons die hard here. In 2011 a certain Professor, Pramote Prasartful, Mahidol University in Bangkok, came up with this suggestion: the government may yet create incentives for women in Thailand to better produce "quality Babies" in the future rather than mass.

• Like 1

Increase the average IQ... That will be the biggest challange I guess.

Easily solved: If some of the persistent racist, Thai knocking, farangs, returned to their country of origin (Some where no free schools meals are given to students), then this would significantly increase the average IQ of both countries.

As for height; lots of milk! See the Dutch... As for intelligence, a very regular intake (say every few hours) of protein rich food such as milk, eggs, cheese or meat. Also saturated fatty acids play a big positive role in brain development.

In other words get rid of the white rice in the school menu and replace with dairy, eggs and meat.

Aren't vegetables, you know those "green things", part of a balanced diet and particularly import in feeding the brain?

• Like 1

LOL its going to take generations and as we all know Thailand cant even keep a crackdown going for more than a week... no chance of this happening...

"More than a week"?????????? You mean more than 24 hours.

Holland happens to be a place with the tallest people in the world, due to the fact that meats, milk, cheese, fish and vegetables are easily available at prices usually lower than Thailand.

And I always thought it was so they could keep their heads above the flood waters wink.png

What flood waters? Don't they stick their fingers in the small holes in the dams?

"Childhood obesity contributes to a lower IQ"

Did not know that.

Yes, fat children grow up to be fat adults. Now we know why a lot of fat Westerners disfigure themselves with

tattoos, then think they are" Hansum men".

Thai males prefer tall, leggy girls, why not pander to their neeeds. Whilst most westerners prefer the petite Thai girl. Thainess is now part of a nutritional campaign.

Most westerners prefer the petite Thai girl? I don't, my wife is 5ft 9ins. I have never been with any girl under 5ft 5ins. Oh sorry, I did date a Thai beauty at 5ft 4ins.

Mmm your comment is getting near to outright racist- where have we heard inferior races before?

The challenge is to increase the quality of the education system- which most people will admit is not so good in the Kingdom.

However Thailand is not a first world country- has a long way to go, so any initiative to improve the awareness of a good diet is a good thing.

Personally I think the kids are much taller now - did you ever see 6 foot school kids a few years back- almost never; now you do.

• Like 1

Thai males prefer tall, leggy girls, why not pander to their neeeds. Whilst most westerners prefer the petite Thai girl. Thainess is now part of a nutritional campaign.

Most westerners prefer the petite Thai girl? I don't, my wife is 5ft 9ins. I have never been with any girl under 5ft 5ins. Oh sorry, I did date a Thai beauty at 5ft 4ins.

Just make sure you have a second glance at the tall leggy ones, you know what I mean.

"Childhood obesity contributes to a lower IQ"

Did not know that.

Yes, fat children grow up to be fat adults. Now we know why a lot of fat Westerners disfigure themselves with

tattoos, then think they are" Hansum men".

Nothing wrong with a tattoo or two.

Not a fan of sleeves or full body myself but don't see harm in tattoos that are only visible when the owner decides they should be.

Easily solved: If some of the persistent racist, Thai knocking, farangs, returned to their country of origin (Some where no free schools meals are given to students), then this would significantly increase the average IQ of both countries.

Putting an end to the brain washing by previously brain washed teachers paid for by brain washed parents would be way more effective ... have you ever spent any time at all in the real Thai world or do you live in a 'farang' enclave?

• Like 1