Re-entry permit while under consideration extension.

That time of year again where we shlep down to CW and apply for my wife's extension of stay.

As per normal they will put in a one month consideration period before picking up the yearly extension.

We've never traveled during the month consideration period, but was wondering is getting a re entry permit during this period still do-able?

Asked immigration once when I was under consideration for an extension based on employment. The answer I got was that it's possible to leave with a re entry permit, but you need to be back before the 'report back date', or the application for extension is cancelled.

It is possible to get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period that will be valid up to the report back date on the stamp.

100% concur with ubonjoe - i do it every year and it s never an issue.

• 7 months later...

Each year I remain in Thailand on an extension of stay based on retirement. Each year the expiry of this is 22 March.

Each year I extend my stay and renew my multiple re-entry permit together, therefore they both expire on 22 March.

Last year I presented my paperwork on 2 March and was under consideration till 1 April, 30 days from application as frequently referred to in this and other threads.

This year I presented on 10 March and have an under consideration stamp until 21 April, 30 days from expiry of my extension of stay but some 42 (ish) days from my application.

Questions. Is there or has there ever been an official "30 day" period or is it at the convenience of any officer? When does the "30 day" period run from, expiry or presentation of papers?

Question. I was warned at the TM office not to travel before 21 April when the consideration result will be formalised. This thread suggests that I can travel provided that I have a re-entry permit. Is my multi re-entry permit automatically extended, like my extension of stay, during the consideration period or would I have to obtain a stand alone single permit for a trip between 22 March and 21 April?

Edited by losername

Each year I remain in Thailand on an extension of stay based on retirement. Each year the expiry of this is 22 March.

Each year I extend my stay and renew my multiple re-entry permit together, therefore they both expire on 22 March.

Last year I presented my paperwork on 2 March and was under consideration till 1 April, 30 days from application as frequently referred to in this and other threads.

This year I presented on 10 March and have an under consideration stamp until 21 April, 30 days from expiry of my extension of stay but some 42 (ish) days from my application.

Questions. Is there or has there ever been an official "30 day" period or is it at the convenience of any officer? When does the "30 day" period run from, expiry or presentation of papers?

Question. I was warned at the TM office not to travel before 21 April when the consideration result will be formalised. This thread suggests that I can travel provided that I have a re-entry permit. Is my multi re-entry permit automatically extended, like my extension of stay, during the consideration period or would I have to obtain a stand alone single permit for a trip between 22 March and 21 April?

Which immigration office does this tale relate to ?

Extensions based on retirement are normally issued on the day of application.

When the 30 days start depends upon the immigration office. Here in the Isaan most offices start it from end of your current permit to stay.

If you wan to travel during the under consideration period you will have to get a single re-entry permit that will be valid up to the report back date.

• Like 1

When the 30 days start depends upon the immigration office. Here in the Isaan most offices start it from end of your current permit to stay.

If you wan to travel during the under consideration period you will have to get a single re-entry permit that will be valid up to the report back date.

Thank you Ubonjoe for that reply. That fits my circumstances as I see them. Clearly this policy has changed since last year when my 30 days ran from my day of application.